• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I am a Christian. Unless and until you become a Christian...

Only kkkons would be to stupid to "forget" that the industrialized killing of Jews went on with at least the SILENCE of those European Christians.
Where is the doctrinal calling for the butchering of Jews in the New Testament. You'll find it in the Koran. Do you see the difference in that?

Hell, members of the Vatican outright consented to Hitler's views

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskonkordat
Look at the Catholic church (I'm not speaking of the catholic believers). For the majority of time it hasn't been Christian.

EatTheRich

President
Setting a lot of your post aside.

If Christians are so horrible how did so many Jews live the width and breadth of Europe for centuries? Was that tolerance somehow less so than that of the Muslims? Do you even question your assertions?

Why didn't the Jews leave en masse back for Israel a thousand years ago? You know since Muslims are so tolerant and all.
If you thought my position was that “Christians are so horrible,” you were mistaken. Anyway, with rare exceptions, Jews were safer and fewer in Muslim-majority countries than in Christian-majority countries up till the Enlightenment era. In medieval Europe, Jews were an economically privileged social class of merchants and moneylenders, who stayed around cause there was money to be made. They were shaken down for money by the European potentates and abused by the masses, but that persecution/abuse was limited by the pope, emperor, and other powerful rulers because they played a vital social role, bringing in commodities that couldn’t be produced locally, and lending money to rulers when they needed it.

EatTheRich

President
Setting a lot of your post aside.

If Christians are so horrible how did so many Jews live the width and breadth of Europe for centuries? Was that tolerance somehow less so than that of the Muslims? Do you even question your assertions?

Why didn't the Jews leave en masse back for Israel a thousand years ago? You know since Muslims are so tolerant and all.
You must also have missed the part about the Jews being expelled from Spain, Portugal, England, and France.

EatTheRich

President
Where is the doctrinal calling for the butchering of Jews in the New Testament. You'll find it in the Koran. Do you see the difference in that?

Look at the Catholic church (I'm not speaking of the catholic believers). For the majority of time it hasn't been Christian.
Matthew 27:25.

Where is it in the Koran?

EatTheRich

President
Muslims have done the same. You've said they're better.
Where did I say that? I said that Islam had a better record on the whole during the medieval epoch. Not because of some religious superiority (both Christianity and Islam have meant millions of different things to millions of different believers) but because of historical and social circumstances.

I'm not arguing who is Christian or any number of other issues you'd cloud this with.

I make a case that many people believe Christians think something they don't but accept that thinking from practitioners of Islam. The generalities are crystal clear. Fact remains that whatever groups betrayed their kind they were treated as second class citizens by Islam and most likely lived to regret their submission.
The Book (Koran) includes Christians and Jews and other as 'the people of the Book'. Wahhabism translates the Book differently and Wahhabism, via Saudi, is what we hear most of now a days.

For at least 5 centuries Islam was everywhere practiced known as more tolerant of religious minorities than Christianity, where Christians of the wrong sort, much less non-Christians, routinely had their tongues cut out, were executed, had their churches burned, etc.
Both Christianity and Islam were spread by the sword. Yes there was an Islamic Golden Age - but then much of what we call enlightenment and civilisation we took from or shared with the old ME/ North African/ Arabic Philosophies anyway.

No-one seems to be able to explain why the Golden Age ended but if we look at Islam today, it is difficult to see how it will ever adapt to modernity and western cultures.

EatTheRich

President
Both Christianity and Islam were spread by the sword. Yes there was an Islamic Golden Age - but then much of what we call enlightenment and civilisation we took from or shared with the old ME/ North African/ Arabic Philosophies anyway.

No-one seems to be able to explain why the Golden Age ended but if we look at Islam today, it is difficult to see how it will ever adapt to modernity and western cultures.
Except that that adaptation has been taking place for 200 years, except where blocked by interested, often Western, conservatives,