• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I can't post here any longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
his passing has caused me to go back and review exactly what the mission entailed! it is incredible to think of the thousands of people all working on their particular pieces of the puzzle and somehow the whole process is drawn together and made to work. as a person who has worked as an engineer all my life on various (what i considered to be) complicated projects, the details of that accomplishment beggar the imagination. i was working at Boeing on the SST project at the time and we all felt we were pretty hot stuff. but in comparison, i feel like a kid in a sandbox!! lol its not so much the technologies as the incredible co-ordination to mesh it all together into a whole. it make D-Day look like child's play!!
I remember watching the events unfold on TV and even in 1969 we had become accustomed to seeing successes from NASA. But keeping in mind that when they did all that, no one really knew for sure what might happen when they set down on the surface of the moon. What if it had just caved in and destroyed the module and the two men onboard? Then when taking off (and they had that on camera) they didn't really know for sure that it would actually take off as planned. It was incredible skill by everyone involved in the project and incredible couraged exhibited by Aemongstrong and Aldren, and the third guy who did not go down to the surface, Collins I think his name was.

It was a proud time for the United States.

gabriel

Governor
and it was a proud day for humans everywhere to see what could be accomplished. and the bravery of the crews!!!!??? to leave that command module in that little lem knowing it could never bring u home if everything did not go as hoped! so many details, so many things that might go wrong. and then the apollo 13 recovery, all those people working by the seat of their pants to find a way to bring them home and making it work! as they say, the more you know, the more you realize what you dont know! i was looking at the flight plans for the mission yesterday with every action to be done at each time all laid out. frickin incredible. god i would have loved to be a part of that project!!

gabriel

Governor
i guess what really bummed me out is in times of such polarization, to belittle such a humble man that brought the whole world together seems so sad.

gabriel

Governor
even opposing sides can recognize something worth honouring. those astronauts were above our petty squabbling.

lilly

Council Member
and it was a proud day for humans everywhere to see what could be accomplished. and the bravery of the crews!!!!??? to leave that command module in that little lem knowing it could never bring u home if everything did not go as hoped! so many details, so many things that might go wrong. and then the apollo 13 recovery, all those people working by the seat of their pants to find a way to bring them home and making it work! as they say, the more you know, the more you realize what you dont know! i was looking at the flight plans for the mission yesterday with every action to be done at each time all laid out. frickin incredible. god i would have loved to be a part of that project!!
It would be a proud day for humans, if you would stop hijacking threads. Did you happen to notice Days started this thread on an entirely different topic than you are going on about, just to change the subject. He isn't on here to debate anything and I'm sure doesn't want to at this point. I have never talked or messaged Days about this as you might think, it's just we both have had our fill of it.

I didn't say you are friends, I said it was obvious what you are.

gabriel

Governor
psssst! he isnt on here at all! the original thread was on the subject that the poster would not be here to post any more. so if he is gone, does that mean the thread has to stop or shud we wendlessly discuss the fact that he doesnt want to participate in the thread? jack and i have our opinions on what constitutes pwersonal attack versus attacking an opinion. that led us to discussing opinions we find worthy of refutation. are you self moderating here?

are you saying that a thread cannot branch out in other directions? if so, dont do it.

Mike

Council Member
If you only go by "days" on here how can you be slandered?

If someone says... "I see some bad days ahead" does that bother you?

lilly

Council Member
Gabe you are so used to going off topic, you don't seem to know when you are.

It doesn't have to go on, start your own.

gabriel

Governor
if jack and i choose to continue, it is no ones business but ours. no one is asking anyone else to read what we say. the original post dealt with personal attacks and we have offered our opinions on what constitutes personal attacks versus attacks on opinions. there is plenty of room for your posts here too. again, i ask you, are you self modeating here??

Mike

Council Member
You know what's wrong Gabe? There's not enough righties here to balance it out. The left is starting to cannibalize itself because there's not enough cons here to provide enough inertia.

Where are they? I reviewed the members and it looks heavy left and limited right. That's not alot of fun for either side when you guys want to let it hang out there and have opposing arguments etc.

Hang in there!

gabriel

Governor
i intend to, but its only a matter of time when members of both sides are howling for your banishment! no problem, ill go down swinging. thanks for your encouragement! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.