• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I commute 100 miles per day.....just looked at a Nissan leaf

fairsheet

Senator
-"Motor Trend" (or a magazine of that ilk) ran a piece comparing a Leaf, with a Volt, with a Prius to compare both their relative efficiency AND "green-ness". It turns out there were dramatic differences depending on where you live. For instance, a Leaf makes most sense where I live because electricity is relatively inexpensive and most all of it comes from wind or hydro. But, the "story" changes dramatically if you live in a state with more expensive power made from coal.
lemme Guess.... you live in the north west...probably washington or oregon.

Your power won't be cheap much longer....subsidies will run away and the price of the megawatt will increase drastically when the coal grid shuts down. A megawatt is a meagwatt is a meagwatt and it is a commodity.

JO
As good as your snark makes you feel, it's bogus. Bonneville power encompasses red and blue states. Woe to the Senator of whatever party, who refuses to protect what you call "subsidies". After all, there are 45 or so other states with Senators protecting the subsidies for natural gas and coal!

justoffal

Senator
As good as your snark makes you feel, it's bogus. Bonneville power encompasses red and blue states. Woe to the Senator of whatever party, who refuses to protect what you call "subsidies". After all, there are 45 or so other states with Senators protecting the subsidies for natural gas and coal!
Woe to the Senators and or POTUS who tell 45 states worth of people that they have to pay three hundred percent for the electricity so China can fill the skies with black smoke while our excellent , clean buring coal gassification tecnology is buried by the White house in behalf of Warren Buffet's Chinese coal trade.

fairsheet

Senator
Woe to the Senators and or POTUS who tell 45 states worth of people that they have to pay three hundred percent for the electricity so China can fill the skies with black smoke while our excellent , clean buring coal gassification tecnology is buried by the White house in behalf of Warren Buffet's Chinese coal trade.
Yeah...what you're babbling.... I just posted what I know, in the most apolitical fashion I could.