• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I escaped Nazi Germany. I see its ideology alive in America today

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
A warning by a man who escaped the Nazis.

-------

I was born in Munich, Germany, in 1920. I lived there during the rise of the Nazi Party and left for the U.S.A. in 1938.

The main elements of the Nazi regime were the suppression of dissent, the purging of the dissenters and undesirables, the persecution of communists, Jews and homosexuals and the ideal of the Aryans as the master race.

What we see now in our country is very similar to the early days of the Nazi rule in Germany:
The Neo-Nazis and the KKK have become more prominent and get recognition in the press. We are all familiar with Trump's remarks against all Muslims and all Mexicans. But there has not been anything as alarming as the appointment of Steve Bannon as Trump's chief strategist. Bannon has, apparently, made anti-Semitic remarks for years, has recently condemned Muslims and Jews, and he and Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the pick as national security advisor, advocate the political and cultural superiority of the white race. At the same time Trump is trying to control the press.

Thus the entire Nazi ideology is in place already in and around the new government. How far will it get? We can hope that our government of checks and balances will be more resistant than the Weimar Republic was. Don't count on it.
http://kuow.org/post/i-escaped-nazi-germany-i-see-its-ideology-alive-america-today

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Top-to-bottom, a pile of you-know-what.
You weren't there, he was. If you're going to refute an eye witness, you'll need more that simple dismissal.

I knew somebody else who had first hand experience. The first time I saw numbers on an arm was in 1976. They belonged to one David Apfelbaum, a San Francisco restaurateur. My girlfriend worked there, so I had numerous engagements with David. The restaurant was David's Deli, on Geary St.

David passed in 2014, but the store remains.

David Apfelbaum, deli founder and stalwart Israel supporter, dies at 85

At David’s Delicatessen in San Francisco, the chopped liver is hand-chopped 1,179 times, according to the menu. Sounds odd until one learns that restaurateur David Apfelbaum, who wrote that menu, had a concentration camp tattoo on his arm: number 1,179.

Add up those digits and they total 18, chai in Jewish numerology, signifying life. Apfelbaum survived the horrors of the Holocaust, going on to live a full and productive life as a San Francisco restaurant legend and friend of the Jewish community...

...Though he made his living feeding people, Apfelbaum’s thoughts never strayed far from the Holocaust, Israel and the survival of the Jewish people. After the war, he shepherded hundreds of Jewish orphans to pre-state Israel.

He later launched one of the first Holocaust oral history projects. And he befriended scores of senior Israeli leaders, from Moshe Dayan to Yitzhak Rabin, all of whom swung by the restaurant when on official visits to the Bay Area.

“He was the place,” said friend John Rothmann. “He sat at the same seat on the counter. People came to him, spoke to him. He was fair and honest, a mensch in every way.”

Born into a cosmopolitan family in Lodz, Poland, in 1929, Apfelbaum and his family were swept up in the Nazi invasion 10 years later. He survived the ghetto and the camps, enduring torment, starvation and typhus.

Though his father perished, his mother and three siblings survived, reuniting after the war...

http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/71557/david-apfelbaum-deli-founder-and-stalwart-israel-supporter-dies-at-85/

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Trump...Hitler...KKK...blah...blah.

Utter hyperbole.

The US is nothing like the Weimar Republic from which Hitler sprang.

Give this idiocy a rest.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Trump...Hitler...KKK...blah...blah.

Utter hyperbole.

The US is nothing like the Weimar Republic from which Hitler sprang.

Give this idiocy a rest.
Too bad, Trump didn't give it a rest during his campaign. His ramblings/lies appealed to the ignorant masses -- look at what we have now coming into office as our unstable, president.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Too bad, Trump didn't give it a rest during his campaign. His ramblings/lies appealed to the ignorant masses -- look at what we have now coming into office as our unstable, president.
Like what? Where was the actual racism in Trumps campaign. I'm looking for specific statements made by Trump that were rooted in actual racism.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
If you're going to refute an eye witness, you'll need more that simple dismissal.
Wasn't refuting. I was dismissing.

With all due respect to your departed friend:
The first time I saw numbers on an arm was in 1976.
Never denied numbers on arms, ghettos, camps, or suffering.

starvation and typhus.
Starvation. Typhus. Not gas-chambers. Never denied starvation or typhus; in fact, I've mentioned them before as causes of most of the deaths in the camps. They hit hardest towards the end of the war, when Allied bombing of civilian targets made getting food and supplies to the camps nearly impossible.

Though his father perished, his mother and three siblings survived
Survived? When those evil "Nazis" were so intent on genocide? Hmmmmm...?

It was the ridiculous statements in the top post that I was dismissing. Idiocy like "Trump's remarks against all Muslims and all Mexicans" and " the entire Nazi ideology is in place already in and around the new government." Garbage.
And the whole dire warning thing from someone who claims to have "escaped" the legitimate government of a country undergoing an unprecedented economic turnaround -- oh, before the even war broke out.
"Undesirables." "Master race." Please.
My statement stands ... a pile of you-know-what.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Wasn't refuting. I was dismissing.

With all due respect to your departed friend:

Never denied numbers on arms, ghettos, camps, or suffering.

Starvation. Typhus. Not gas-chambers. Never denied starvation or typhus; in fact, I've mentioned them before as causes of most of the deaths in the camps. They hit hardest towards the end of the war, when Allied bombing of civilian targets made getting food and supplies to the camps nearly impossible.

Survived? When those evil "Nazis" were so intent on genocide? Hmmmmm...?

It was the ridiculous statements in the top post that I was dismissing. Idiocy like "Trump's remarks against all Muslims and all Mexicans" and " the entire Nazi ideology is in place already in and around the new government." Garbage.
And the whole dire warning thing from someone who claims to have "escaped" the legitimate government of a country undergoing an unprecedented economic turnaround -- oh, before the even war broke out.
"Undesirables." "Master race." Please.
My statement stands ... a pile of you-know-what.
Dismissing. Yes. You'll need more than simple dismissal, as I noted.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
These people were there, you were not.
That's the claim, anyway. In the case of the author of the top post article, for about 6 years, when aged 12 - 18, and leaving before the war.
Dr. Wassermann is entitled to his own opinion, not to his own facts.
Having emigrated with one's parents from Germany in 1938 doesn't confer moral authority upon anyone.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
That's the claim, anyway. In the case of the author of the top post article, for about 6 years, when aged 12 - 18, and leaving before the war.
Dr. Wassermann is entitled to his own opinion, not to his own facts.
Having emigrated with one's parents from Germany in 1938 doesn't confer moral authority upon anyone.
What "moral authority" do you have? That's right. None. You simply, by your own admission, dismiss.

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!
A warning by a man who escaped the Nazis.

-------

I was born in Munich, Germany, in 1920. I lived there during the rise of the Nazi Party and left for the U.S.A. in 1938.

The main elements of the Nazi regime were the suppression of dissent, the purging of the dissenters and undesirables, the persecution of communists, Jews and homosexuals and the ideal of the Aryans as the master race.

What we see now in our country is very similar to the early days of the Nazi rule in Germany:
The Neo-Nazis and the KKK have become more prominent and get recognition in the press. We are all familiar with Trump's remarks against all Muslims and all Mexicans. But there has not been anything as alarming as the appointment of Steve Bannon as Trump's chief strategist. Bannon has, apparently, made anti-Semitic remarks for years, has recently condemned Muslims and Jews, and he and Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the pick as national security advisor, advocate the political and cultural superiority of the white race. At the same time Trump is trying to control the press.

Thus the entire Nazi ideology is in place already in and around the new government. How far will it get? We can hope that our government of checks and balances will be more resistant than the Weimar Republic was. Don't count on it.
http://kuow.org/post/i-escaped-nazi-germany-i-see-its-ideology-alive-america-today
Back in 2013 Kitty told the same thing
When Kitty Werthmann was a little girl in Austria, she witnessed firsthand Adolph Hitler's rise to power and the Soviet communist occupation that followed. She also witnessed, for decades, the distortions of the media when it came to the reporting of the events.
From her eyewitness perspective, Werthmann said that the whole thing didn't happen overnight, in a brutal attack, like the media portrays it, but rather, it evolved into a dictatorship gradually, over a period of a few years. Hitler didn't come across as someone evil, to be feared, initially. "In the beginning, Hitler didn't look like, or talk like a monster at all. He talked like an American politician."
Here are some things that occurred in Austria, according to Werthmann, that just might look familiar to Americans:
Hitler was elected with 98% of the vote.
Hitler destroyed the existing medical system when he brought a national healthcare plan into being.
First, people were forced to register their guns to cut down on crime.
Then they were forced to turn them in or risk capital punishment for keeping them.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
What "moral authority" do you have? That's right. None. You simply, by your own admission, dismiss.
I never claimed any.
Dr. Wassermann, on the other hand -- while entitled to his opinions about Trump -- clearly attempts to add weight to his opinions and give himself extra authority to editorialize about Trump and the direction of the USA based on his being a Jew who lived in Germany for a brief part of his life coinciding with the NSDAP winning political power. While editorializing, he makes statements that are patently false while deliberately invoking the specter of a perennial bogeyman.
Yes, I dismiss.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I never claimed any.
Dr. Wassermann, on the other hand -- while entitled to his opinions about Trump -- clearly attempts to add weight to his opinions and give himself extra authority to editorialize about Trump and the direction of the USA based on his being a Jew who lived in Germany for a brief part of his life coinciding with the NSDAP winning political power. While editorializing, he makes statements that are patently false while deliberately invoking the specter of a perennial bogeyman.
Yes, I dismiss.
You claim it constantly...through your dismissal.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Back in 2013 Kitty told the same thing
When Kitty Werthmann was a little girl in Austria, she witnessed firsthand Adolph Hitler's rise to power and the Soviet communist occupation that followed. She also witnessed, for decades, the distortions of the media when it came to the reporting of the events.
From her eyewitness perspective, Werthmann said that the whole thing didn't happen overnight, in a brutal attack, like the media portrays it, but rather, it evolved into a dictatorship gradually, over a period of a few years. Hitler didn't come across as someone evil, to be feared, initially. "In the beginning, Hitler didn't look like, or talk like a monster at all. He talked like an American politician."
Here are some things that occurred in Austria, according to Werthmann, that just might look familiar to Americans:
Hitler was elected with 98% of the vote.
Hitler destroyed the existing medical system when he brought a national healthcare plan into being.
First, people were forced to register their guns to cut down on crime.
Then they were forced to turn them in or risk capital punishment for keeping them.
Obama will be leaving office soon -- try not to worry about the comparisons.

Incoming President Trump more aptly fits the descriptions. Trump is a big fan of Hitlers. His first wife stated he kept a book of speeches by Hitler in his cabinet.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8