• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I guess I will be the first to mention Colorado shootings.

G

Greenridgeman

I have two questions.

Is Colorado a "concealed carry state"?

Why are Colorado police not releasing the shooter's name?

G

Greenridgeman

Totally political?

No it wasn't.

And, I doubt if any of the families are reading PJ's.

I note YOU did not say anything to the families either.

Again, snide comments, and no answers.

Typical GG.

G

Greenridgeman

Good on ABC, I am listening to Soledad O'brien.

Someone needs to tell her what schrapnel is.

worldlymrb

Revenge
It wont be long before progressive slaves attack the 2nd amendment and for Obama to sign /implement the U.N Small Arms Ban Treaty through executive order dictate.

trapdoor

Governor
Colorado is a "shall issue" state, meaning the state must show a reason that an individual should be denied a concealed carry permit. It recognizes the concealed carry permits from 30 other states (in other words, most other states that allow concealed carry.

Other than politics, why is "shall issue" a question in regards to this incident? If a person is so unbalanced or criminal as to ignore the law against murder, it should be pretty obvious they'd ignore the law against concealed carry.

NightSwimmer

Senator
I have two questions.

Do you feel that it is important for the shooter to receive the infamy that he so obviously desired? I would prefer that his name never be revealed. It only promotes this sort of behavior among other psychopaths.

G

Greenridgeman

I was only wondering why nobody returned fire, IF it was a CC state.

Nothing political in the question, it was what popped into my mind.

Thanks for the information.

G

Greenridgeman

I agree that mentioning his name gives him some infamy.

I think the act promotes copycats, not neccessarily releasing the name.

And I erroneously jumped to the conclusion that the police were witholding the name, since CNN has not mentioned it.

Maybe CNN didn't mention it for the reasons you suggest, but, they had no problem mentioning Zimmerman or Loughner.

I just found it curious his name has not been mentioned on the channel I am watching.

Gramps

Mayor
I live less than 15 miles from the site. I have lots more questions than you which cry for answers. I have time to deal with them, much more time than the victims who are lying dead this morning.

I never second guess professionals unless there is definite proof they are stonewalling.

I am saddened by this news, so sad you cannot even imagine my pain. The word "why" will apply to almost any question regarding this matter in weeks to come. And we probably will never know "why" it happened.

Gramps

I have two questions.

G

Greenridgeman

"I never second guess professionals unless there is definite proof they are stonewalling."

I erroneously attributed the non-mention of the shooter's name to the police withholding it, since CNN is not mentioning it.

Since you are so close to the scene, do you feel that if I had exetended sympathy with my post, then asked my two questions, that any victim or their families would have noticed?

I figure sympathy from an anonymous internet posters is meaningless anyway.

GG just looks for ways to attack other posters, in my opinion.

I note he did not extend any sympathy until after he criticized me for not doing it.

Speaks volumnes on GG's motives, again, in my OPINION.

G

Greenridgeman

And of course I can imagine your pain, it matters not if you are 15 miles from it, or, 1,500 miles from it, as I am.

I also have a dear friend in Aurora, who for all I know might be among the victims.

Gramps

Mayor
The truth is I try to never second guess anyone. Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man?

I can't even wager a guess as to how I might respond if caught in a similar situation and I have been shot at, and have dived for cover, and seen the muzzle of a weapon up close enough that you would think I should know what I would do. But I don't. I only think I know what I might do but when push comes to shove a strange power takes over and would-be heroes run for cover and meek-mannered souls take the initiative.

I doubt I knew anyone involved but that doesn't dampen my utter shock at awaking to such a newsflash. Still, I have teen-aged grandkids who go to special events such a premier and they could have been there.

Colorado does have a concealed carry law. I really don't know a lot about it because I do not wish to have such a permit. WE also have open laws where weapons can be carried in plain sight, with local restrictions regarding venues where guns are not permitted. From a legal standpoint I could probably strap on my old six-shooter and walk right through town and never be challenged but, then, I am not a fool enough to try it. For many years I carried a handgun strapped to the backside of my driver's seat where I could, if need be, have it in hand in a jiffy and never once had to reach for it. But it was in plain sight and therefore not a viiolation of local laws. And ti was there if needed. The weapon is today locked in a steel cabinet along with several others that I intend to dispose of soon. At the age of 87 even my trigger finger is so crippled I could defend myself if I needed to. Getting old is the shits.

Gramps

"I never second guess professionals unless there is definite proof they are stonewalling."

I erroneously attributed the non-mention of the shooter's name to the police withholding it, since CNN is not mentioning it.

Since you are so close to the scene, do you feel that if I had exetended sympathy with my post, then asked my two questions, that any victim or their families would have noticed?

I figure sympathy from an anonymous internet posters is meaningless anyway.

GG just looks for ways to attack other posters, in my opinion.

I note he did not extend any sympathy until after he criticized me for not doing it.

Speaks volumnes on GG's motives, again, in my OPINION.

G

Greenridgeman

Had you simple told me in my first post(and I do not even know if you were logged on yet, then) that Colorado was a CC state, and that it was CNN, not the police, witholding the name, I guess we would not be having this discussion.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with my two questions, and nothing virtuous or non-virtuous about an anonymous internet poster extending the obvious sympathy to the families.

GG is always looking for any reason to attack a poster that is ROC, and has never hesitated to attribute evil intentions to anything another poster writes.

trapdoor

Governor
I was only wondering why nobody returned fire, IF it was a CC state.

Nothing political in the question, it was what popped into my mind.

Thanks for the information.
The fact that a state allows concealed carry doesn't meant that everyone there practices it. Arizona allows both concealed and open carry, and yet when Gabby Giffords was shot, only one person nearby was carrying a firearm (he was far enough away that he arrived after the shooting ended, but helped to subdue the shooter).

Demographics are in play on this, too. In my experience, most people who carry are middle aged. The shooting took place at a midnight showing of "Spiderman." This is not exactly a venue that would attract a lot of middle-aged firearms enthusiasts.

Lapcat

Governor
That goes without saying for most logical people (not you). And most people here don't just say things for the desired effects ....but instead, say things because they are sincere (again...).

Interesting....first mention...and it was totally political with not even a "My sympathies to the families".

Lapcat

Governor
You got it!!!

Had you simple told me in my first post(and I do not even know if you were logged on yet, then) that Colorado was a CC state, and that it was CNN, not the police, witholding the name, I guess we would not be having this discussion.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with my two questions, and nothing virtuous or non-virtuous about an anonymous internet poster extending the obvious sympathy to the families.

GG is always looking for any reason to attack a poster that is ROC, and has never hesitated to attribute evil intentions to anything another poster writes.

Z

zzigzzag

I see absolutely nothing wrong with my two questions

There was nothing wrong with your question about CC.

There was something wrong about denying that it was to inject a political aspect into the issue.

In a subsequent post, you said, "I wondered why no one was returning fire". That was a pretty good indication that you think there's a political solution to random crazy people. Hey....I, like you, wish there had been someone to shoot the guy down as soon as he walked in with an assault weapon. But I think more security would be a better solution than mom and dad packing a weapon to take the kids to a movie. I'm thinking the theater owners will go for more security at big openings rather than touting CC laws and encouraging people to bring more guns into their theaters.