• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I guess Kavanaugh was just the best the GOP could do

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
‘Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand.’ Ruth Bader ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/11/10/after...
The prospect of a Trump presidency led to some prominent Americans — including Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg — joking, or perhaps half-joking, that they would move to New Zealand.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, No Fan of Donald Trump, Critiques ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg...
Jul 11, 2016 · Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg of the Supreme Court in May. ... “‘Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand,’” Justice Ginsburg said, smiling ruefully. ... Justice Ginsburg will find …

Justice Ginsburg Wears 'Dissent' Collar Following ...
upload_2018-10-6_22-0-14.jpeg
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/justice...
Related: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Doubles Down on Trump Criticism She added that Trump was "faker" who "really has an ego" and she would move to New Zealand if he gets elected.

Is this enough liberal sources?

redtide

Mayor
rt #58 prattled the following:

"the economic growth that occurred under Barry occurred despite Obama's attempts to screw US." rt #58

Post the numerically quantified data. Then we can have a constructive conversation.

"nobama's punitive taxes" rt

It's your assertion. I'll leave you to prove it.

But I will concede that President Obama was / is more politically conservative than either of the Republican presidents that sandwich him.
Both Bush and Trump cut taxes for the $rich.
And both Bush and Trump have sent the deficits higher.

I realize it will be like a foreign language to you.
But I'll let an acknowledged conservative explain the principle to you.

"What's pernicious about deficits for conservatives is this. It makes big government cheap. What we're doing, we're turning to the country, the "conservative" administration turns to the country and says: We're going to give you a dollar's worth of government, we're going to charge you seventy five cents for it. And we're going to let your kids pay the other quarter." George Will Nov 30, 2003

You may call Bush's and Trump's tax revisions for the rich as "tax cuts". That's what Bush called them.
It's a lie.
They're merely tax postponements. The grandkids will end up paying what we did not.

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams

Adams was right. There's very little difference between deficit spending, and slavery. Each is involuntary servitude, taxation without representation.

But Republicans lack the principle to care. Republicans can rob future generations with clear conscience. It's the hallmark of the sociopath.
it is extremely disingenuous of you to say that republicans are robbing the future when it is the liberal democrat policies of economic enslavement of blacks and browns along with the use of our money to purchase our votes.
Those of US who actually pay taxes (by last account less than 50$ pay any federal income taxes) are suffering under the lefts vote purchasing schemes.

redtide

Mayor
He committed perjury in full view of the public.
nope she did though,
so sad all you poeple have was did he or didn't he get drunk while a youth. Your attentions would be better spent going after that bit#h ford and her DNC handlers who staged this whole hate campaign.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
nope she did though,
so sad all you poeple have was did he or didn't he get drunk while a youth. Your attentions would be better spent going after that bit#h ford and her DNC handlers who staged this whole hate campaign.
BEST DNC could get was a girl that had 54 sex partners in last 2 years of high school and a slut on Franklin St at liberal UNC...………..

redtide

Mayor
BEST DNC could get was a girl that had 54 sex partners in last 2 years of high school and a slut on Franklin St at liberal UNC...………..
one thing for sure is that we have a duty now to inform our sons to NEVER and I mean NEVER date, hang out with or socialize with a chick who leans towards liberalism in even the slightest way. Their vary lives and careers could depend upon it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
one thing for sure is that we have a duty now to inform our sons to NEVER and I mean NEVER date, hang out with or socialize with a chick who leans towards liberalism in even the slightest way. Their vary lives and careers could depend upon it.
guess I'm lucky all my kids are grown adults...…..I will advice my Grandson of this trap and make sure my granddaughter are never Lib pussy hat freaks...……...

sear

Mayor
"it is extremely disingenuous of you" rt #65
"You lie!" Rep. Joe Wilson

I could not possibly be more forthright about it.
I'm a political and fiscal conservative. I've confessed it multiple times in this forum.
I practice what I preach. I own my home outright, no mortgage.

Just because you're fiscally irresponsible doesn't make me "disingenuous".
The opposite is true.
"to say that republicans are robbing the future when it is the liberal democrat policies of economic enslavement of blacks and browns along with the use of our money to purchase our votes." rt
I stand by my previous assertions.
- Bush cut taxes, and the deficits increased.
- Trump cut taxes, and the deficits increase.
- Republican rule causes deficits to rise.
"Those of US who actually pay taxes (by last account less than 50$ pay any federal income taxes) are suffering under the lefts vote purchasing schemes." rt
You'll need to revise this sentence before I hazard a reply.

But if you'll pardon my saying so, you boasting about "actually" paying taxes is about as shallow a boast as I can imagine. What next? Boasting about breathing?
I've been paying tax since I was 5.

If the positions you've taken here weren't so fraught with factual error, your positions would be impressively dull.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
"You lie!" Rep. Joe Wilson

I could not possibly be more forthright about it.
I'm a political and fiscal conservative. I've confessed it multiple times in this forum.
I practice what I preach. I own my home outright, no mortgage.

Just because you're fiscally irresponsible doesn't make me "disingenuous".
The opposite is true.

I stand by my previous assertions.
- Bush cut taxes, and the deficits increased.
- Trump cut taxes, and the deficits increase.
- Republican rule causes deficits to rise.

You'll need to revise this sentence before I hazard a reply.

But if you'll pardon my saying so, you boasting about "actually" paying taxes is about as shallow a boast as I can imagine. What next? Boasting about breathing?
I've been paying tax since I was 5.

If the positions you've taken here weren't so fraught with factual error, your positions would be impressively dull.
My gawd...…...you've been paying taxes since you were "5"...……….child labor laws prove that to be a damn LIE...…...so let me guess......you're a baby of wealth father/mother and trust has paid you since 5...…...YOU A DAMN LYING ASS...…..claiming you have paid since "5"...…...my gawd, boy

I have a feeling at "5" you were still [Unwelcome language removed] in ya diaper as spoiled ass punk kid does.

Eh, re-read last sentence you posted...………:)

sear

Mayor
"My gawd...…...you've been paying taxes since you were "5"...……….child labor laws prove that to be a damn LIE...…...so let me guess......you're a baby of wealth father/mother and trust has paid you since 5...…...YOU A DAMN LYING ASS...…..claiming you have paid since "5"...…...my gawd, boy" D #74

That was quite an impressive tantrum D #74.
But you have persuasively refuted a position I have not taken.
My exact posted words were (please not the singular case):

"I've been paying tax since I was 5." s

My grandmother sometimes sent me a $5.oo for my birthday.
And while I'd save some of it, sometimes I'd spend some of it.
And if I'd spend over $one $dollar, I'd have to pay sales tax at point of sale.
Thus, I was a tax payer at age 5.

But thanks for your harangue none the less.
It gives us one more reason to laugh at you.
"I have a feeling ..." D
Perhaps your straitjacket has impeded blood flow to your brain.
"Eh, re-read last sentence you posted...………:) " D
Why?
I wrote it.
You may pretend you've caught me in a lie.
But you're merely confirming psychiatrist Thomas Szasz's assertion that neurotics have suspicions, psychotics have convictions.
You're projecting. I didn't lie. I don't lie.
I paid sales tax when I was 5 years old. My Dad took me to Woolworth's, and I bought a toy, perhaps a slinky, perhaps a wheelo, though I don't recall.

In any case, get over yourself D.

If after your feeble analysis your conclusion is I've lied, it's time for you to analyze again.

Enjoy the sabbath.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
"My gawd...…...you've been paying taxes since you were "5"...……….child labor laws prove that to be a damn LIE...…...so let me guess......you're a baby of wealth father/mother and trust has paid you since 5...…...YOU A DAMN LYING ASS...…..claiming you have paid since "5"...…...my gawd, boy" D #74

That was quite an impressive tantrum D #74.
But you have persuasively refuted a position I have not taken.
My exact posted words were (please not the singular case):

"I've been paying tax since I was 5." s

My grandmother sometimes sent me a $5.oo for my birthday.
And while I'd save some of it, sometimes I'd spend some of it.
And if I'd spend over $one $dollar, I'd have to pay sales tax at point of sale.
Thus, I was a tax payer at age 5.

But thanks for your harangue none the less.
It gives us one more reason to laugh at you.

Perhaps your straitjacket has impeded blood flow to your brain.

Why?
I wrote it.
You may pretend you've caught me in a lie.
But you're merely confirming psychiatrist Thomas Szasz's assertion that neurotics have suspicions, psychotics have convictions.
You're projecting. I didn't lie. I don't lie.
I paid sales tax when I was 5 years old. My Dad took me to Woolworth's, and I bought a toy, perhaps a slinky, perhaps a wheelo, though I don't recall.

In any case, get over yourself D.

If after your feeble analysis your conclusion is I've lied, it's time for you to analyze again.

Enjoy the sabbath.
Fvck you..............subject was Income taxes ………..you one insane lib boy...………
yo

sear

Mayor
"Fvck you..." D #76
It'd be the most thrilling 7 seconds of your life hot stuff.
"...........subject was Income taxes ……" D #76
So now you're downgrading your accusation from lying, to changing the subject?
"…..you one insane lib boy...………" D
This sentence fragment lacks a verb, "are" would have sufficed.

But that's the least of the errors.
- I'm not insane.
- I'm not lib. (though capable of being glib, pending definition clarification).
- And I ceased being a boy 45 years ago.

BUT !!

At least you counted correctly. I am "one".

justoffal

Senator
Sure, there’s hundreds of people out there with similar records of achievement in the legal field.

But this is the GOP we’re talking about. Do they think the nation’s most qualified nominee for a SCOTUS seat is an unhinged, arrogant, hyper-partisan, perjuring man with a history of sexual assaults?

Yup. They do. Horrifying as it is, Kavanaugh was just the best the GOP could do. Trump nominated him, so they rammed him through after a whitewash for the ages.

Such is life under GOP control in the Banana Republic of Trumplandia.
Nah...

The shortlist came from the Heritage Foundation.

That would mean they trust him to be a literalist when it comes to the interpretation of the Constitution. That simple.

It really is just that simple.

Jo

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You are speculating about the future. I'll leave such children's games to the children.

But based on history, our most recent Democrat presidents have been quite good for the United States, if not the world.

That's not because sear declares it.
I'm merely applying the Republican demigod's standard.

That's the Reagan standard: "Are you better off ...?"

And yes indeed. After both Clinton, and Obama the United States was substantially better off, by quantifiable standards.

I don't deny unemployment today is impressively low.
But it's about where it would be if Obama had continued in a 3rd term.
Trump didn't implement some magical new plan which transformed the U.S. economy somehow.
Obama had been adding hundreds of thousands of private sector jobs per month to our economy for years, and cut the unemployment rate nearly in half.

Trump is an amateur. And even his own cabinet has some extremely unflattering things to say about Trump.

I offer you an invitation to post one or more quantifiable standards that proves your "hundred times better" claim.

But I know you won't
because I know you can't
because I know there isn't such a quantifiable example that bears significant relevance to U.S. prosperity.
Fed funds rate:

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 6.52.18 AM.png

S

Sickofleft

I guess Professor Ford is the best you could do. Made complete asses out of yourselves during the confirmation hearings (I can't wait for Spartacus to run for President, maybe he will pick T-Bone as his running mate:rolleyes:). When that failed, your beloved party leaked a 36 yr old sexual assault allegation without evidence and no corroborating witnesses.

The fact that Kavanaugh was confirmed is actually good for the country. It would have been a horrible precedent if he was not confirmed because of an allegation without evidence and no witnesses.

For now you and your Fascist party will not be able to define people they don't like by accusing of them of something they cannot prove.