• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I guess Kavanaugh was just the best the GOP could do

sear

Mayor
"I guess Professor Ford is the best you could do." SL #80
President Trump had a suite of tens of millions of humans to choose from in filling this SCOTUS vacancy.

The pool of those sounding the alarm about Kavanaugh's alleged bad character on basis of sexual exploitation is limited to those that have first hand knowledge (no pun intended) of it.
It's informative that you present these two separate pools as equal.
But for the sake of our nation I hope the former is the larger.

RL #79
If you'd intended to make a point, you've utterly failed.

Perhaps you may wish to express yourself in paragraph form, complete sentences, forming a clear, declarative position.

justoffal

Senator
I guess Professor Ford is the best you could do. Made complete asses out of yourselves during the confirmation hearings (I can't wait for Spartacus to run for President, maybe he will pick T-Bone as his running mate:rolleyes:). When that failed, your beloved party leaked a 36 yr old sexual assault allegation without evidence and no corroborating witnesses.

The fact that Kavanaugh was confirmed is actually good for the country. It would have been a horrible precedent if he was not confirmed because of an allegation without evidence and no witnesses.

For now you and your Fascist party will not be able to define people they don't like by accusing of them of something they cannot prove.
I agree but during this debate I was troubled by specter of the Cosby Trial which was in many ways similar to the circus we just watched. This one is also a he said she said situation but I think that the fact that it took place out of the political arena automatically put the complaining witnesses in a more credible atmosphere. I mean Cosby actually got convicted.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that this is where they got the Idea from...since it seemed to be successful.

Different components of this entire scenario seem to offer evidence that it was contrived and not real history. For instance the protests were organized even before the name was known from the shortlist of nominees. How does one do such a thing and then expect to receive credible standing afterward? The Cosby witnesses had times and places....Dr. Ford from the onset was foggy about any specifics except for the name of the offender. Refuting witnesses stepped in....not so with Cosby.... Finally the treachery with which the entire process was handled from the beginning to the end and especially the hiding of and later on leaking of the Ford letter put the whole situation in a totally different light.

JO

S

Sickofleft

I agree but during this debate I was troubled by specter of the Cosby Trial which was in many ways similar to the circus we just watched. This one is also a he said she said situation but I think that the fact that it took place out of the political arena automatically put the complaining witnesses in a more credible atmosphere. I mean Cosby actually got convicted.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that this is where they got the Idea from...since it seemed to be successful.

Different components of this entire scenario seem to offer evidence that it was contrived and not real history. For instance the protests were organized even before the name was known from the shortlist of nominees. How does one do such a thing and then expect to receive credible standing afterward? The Cosby witnesses had times and places....Dr. Ford from the onset was foggy about any specifics except for the name of the offender. Refuting witnesses stepped in....not so with Cosby.... Finally the treachery with which the entire process was handled from the beginning to the end and especially the hiding of and later on leaking of the Ford letter put the whole situation in a totally different light.

JO
The Democrats were hoping for Cosby scenario that's why they played this card. Cosby had several woman come forward with the same allegation, similar stories. Were some of them just jumping on a bandwagon to try and get money, possibly but that many people all with similar stories.....that's a pattern and he was rightfully convicted of the one allegation that the Statute of Limitations had not run out on.

Nobody came forward in Kavanaugh's case, when they did (Swetnick) their stories were ridiculous. No corroborating witnesses or evidence to back up anything Kavanaugh had been accused of. If even one person said they remembered being at the party (in Fords allegation) and said "yes i was there i remember them being upstairs but I did not see anything" in that case you would have at least one person who placed them together in the same location. Ford did not have even that, she had a close friend who had no recollection of anything even remotely like this and Fords people apparently tried to get her to change her story (according to the reporting on the FBI report).

Democrats are sad angry people who are reaching nobody but themselves. I don't know anyone who is listening to them that does not already agree with them. I think they did themselves real damage with all of this.

Trump has caused them to lose their collective minds (it is a collective, not one original thought among them).

Bugsy McGurk

President
Nah...

The shortlist came from the Heritage Foundation.

That would mean they trust him to be a literalist when it comes to the interpretation of the Constitution. That simple.

It really is just that simple.

Jo
However you choose to label Kavanaugh’s constitutional views, there are dozens just like him. And when he was revealed to be an unhinged, hyperpartisan, perjuring man with a history of sexual assault and extreme drunken debauchery, Trump and the GOP were fine with all that. As was the Trump rabble. They whitewashed everything and rammed him through.

Which is utterly deplorable.

justoffal

Senator
However you choose to label Kavanaugh’s constitutional views, there are dozens just like him. And when he was revealed to be an unhinged, hyperpartisan, perjuring man with a history of sexual assault and extreme drunken debauchery, Trump and the GOP were fine with all that. As was the Trump rabble. They whitewashed everything and rammed him through.

Which is utterly deplorable.
Nothing was revealed....many things were alleged....anyone can make an allegation. Not too many people can prove them though.

No matter....Trump would have dropped him like a sack of rotten potatoes earlier in the process....thank DI-FI who had the CHI-SPY for that one.

JO

Bugsy McGurk

President
Nothing was revealed....many things were alleged....anyone can make an allegation. Not too many people can prove them though.

No matter....Trump would have dropped him like a sack of rotten potatoes earlier in the process....thank DI-FI who had the CHI-SPY for that one.

JO
Ford wanted to remain anonymous earlier in the process, but it’s a pipe dream to think the timing of the revelation of the allegations had anything to do with it. Trump and Republicans just don’t care. Deny, deny, deny. The accusers are nuts.

The usual.

justoffal

Senator
Ford wanted to remain anonymous earlier in the process, but it’s a pipe dream to think the timing of the revelation of the allegations had anything to do with it. Trump and Republicans just don’t care. Deny, deny, deny. The accusers are nuts.

The usual.
Feinstein screwed her on that one dude..... I keep telling you they are all equally scum.

redtide

Mayor
n
"You lie!" Rep. Joe Wilson

I could not possibly be more forthright about it.
I'm a political and fiscal conservative. I've confessed it multiple times in this forum.
I practice what I preach. I own my home outright, no mortgage.

Just because you're fiscally irresponsible doesn't make me "disingenuous".
The opposite is true.

I stand by my previous assertions.
- Bush cut taxes, and the deficits increased.
- Trump cut taxes, and the deficits increase.
- Republican rule causes deficits to rise.

You'll need to revise this sentence before I hazard a reply.

But if you'll pardon my saying so, you boasting about "actually" paying taxes is about as shallow a boast as I can imagine. What next? Boasting about breathing?
I've been paying tax since I was 5.

If the positions you've taken here weren't so fraught with factual error, your positions would be impressively dull.
o what I am saying is that the liberal policies of vote buying with our money is casein g our nation to head towards ruin. Trump is trying to reverse that.

sear

Mayor
We are agreed. That is indeed your assertion.

Of course the Republican policies of vote buying with our grandchildren's money is skyrocketing our deficits and astronomical debt.

And you're right. Feeding the children of single parent families is far more despicable than giving $millions in tax breaks to $millionaires.

"They [congressional Republicans] would have us borrow $700 $Billion $Dollars over the next ten years, to give a tax cut of about a $hundred $thousand $dollars each to folks who are already $millionaires." U.S. President Obama 2010

redtide

Mayor
President Trump had a suite of tens of millions of humans to choose from in filling this SCOTUS vacancy.

The pool of those sounding the alarm about Kavanaugh's alleged bad character on basis of sexual exploitation is limited to those that have first hand knowledge (no pun intended) of it.
It's informative that you present these two separate pools as equal.
But for the sake of our nation I hope the former is the larger.

RL #79
If you'd intended to make a point, you've utterly failed.

Perhaps you may wish to express yourself in paragraph form, complete sentences, forming a clear, declarative position.
what is wrong with picking a justice that will not be an activist? Trump is keeping his promises as Kavanaugh was next on the list he provided during his campaign.
at least be honest it would not have mattered who was nominated as many haters in the senate telegraphed their intent long before the name was released.
To put it bluntly false accusations of sexual misconduct along with racism are part and parcel of the democrats playbook.

Days

Commentator
We are agreed. That is indeed your assertion.

Of course the Republican policies of vote buying with our grandchildren's money is skyrocketing our deficits and astronomical debt.

And you're right. Feeding the children of single parent families is far more despicable than giving $millions in tax breaks to $millionaires.

"They [congressional Republicans] would have us borrow $700 $Billion $Dollars over the next ten years, to give a tax cut of about a $hundred $thousand $dollars each to folks who are already $millionaires." U.S. President Obama 2010
Don't forget the corporate tax break, all of which was actually reinvested because of the personal tax breaks.

Credible forecasters of the debt account for revenue. It's kind of a big thingie, type, important matter.

Days

Commentator
what is wrong with picking a justice that will not be an activist? Trump is keeping his promises as Kavanaugh was next on the list he provided during his campaign.
at least be honest it would not have mattered who was nominated as many haters in the senate telegraphed their intent long before the name was released.
To put it bluntly false accusations of sexual misconduct along with racism are part and parcel of the democrats playbook.
Kavanaugh was the squeaky clean candidate. That was part of the reason Trump chose him next... everyone knew what the Dems were about to pull, if they did it to kav, they could have done it to anybody.

Proving perjury is very hard. You have to prove that Ford knew she was lying and didn't believe what she was saying was true. It isn't as easy as pointing at facts. Dems would have pulled this slime game on whoever was appointed.

sear

Mayor
"what is wrong with picking a justice that will not be an activist?" rt #94
That would be an excellent question for you to ask anyone who opposed the Kavanaugh nomination on that basis. I don't meet the qualifications. I did not oppose Trump's nomination.
"Trump is keeping his promises as Kavanaugh was next on the list he provided during his campaign.
at least be honest it would not have mattered who was nominated as many haters in the senate telegraphed their intent long before the name was released." rt #94

Again, excellent question. Please pose it to anyone that can answer.
"To put it bluntly false accusations of sexual misconduct along with racism are part and parcel of the democrats playbook." rt
Thank god there is only one political party in the United States of America capable of ethical lapse.
"Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt, that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised."
U.S. President Bush (the younger) televised address to the U.S. March 17th, 2003
D #95
??
The research, and the corroborations of that research I've read on this topic indicate the promise of trickle down are largely false.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Kavanaugh was the squeaky clean candidate. That was part of the reason Trump chose him next... everyone knew what the Dems were about to pull, if they did it to kav, they could have done it to anybody.

Proving perjury is very hard. You have to prove that Ford knew she was lying and didn't believe what she was saying was true. It isn't as easy as pointing at facts. Dems would have pulled this slime game on whoever was appointed.
hee hee...”squeaky clean”

I nominate your post for entry into today’s GOP Lying Contest.

I like your odds.

;-)

Days

Commentator
hee hee...”squeaky clean”

I nominate your post for entry into today’s GOP Lying Contest.

I like your odds.

;-)
"Squeaky clean" is a quote from the president. By all accounts of Kavanaugh's life and career, it is an accurate assessment. Fake news and false accusations are the liars, his real life was combed over in that hearing and it was a stellar example of kindness and advancement for females in the legal profession. Not one person who knew kav testified otherwise.