• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I guess Kavanaugh was just the best the GOP could do

EatTheRich

President
I agree but during this debate I was troubled by specter of the Cosby Trial which was in many ways similar to the circus we just watched. This one is also a he said she said situation but I think that the fact that it took place out of the political arena automatically put the complaining witnesses in a more credible atmosphere. I mean Cosby actually got convicted.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that this is where they got the Idea from...since it seemed to be successful.

Different components of this entire scenario seem to offer evidence that it was contrived and not real history. For instance the protests were organized even before the name was known from the shortlist of nominees. How does one do such a thing and then expect to receive credible standing afterward? The Cosby witnesses had times and places....Dr. Ford from the onset was foggy about any specifics except for the name of the offender. Refuting witnesses stepped in....not so with Cosby.... Finally the treachery with which the entire process was handled from the beginning to the end and especially the hiding of and later on leaking of the Ford letter put the whole situation in a totally different light.

JO
She gave detailed, specific answers even though she didn’t remember every detail from 36 years ago. The claim that “refuting witnesses stepped in” is a lie, and one that Kavanaugh told under oath.

Bugsy McGurk

President
"Squeaky clean" is a quote from the president. By all accounts of Kavanaugh's life and career, it is an accurate assessment. Fake news and false accusations are the liars, his real life was combed over in that hearing and it was a stellar example of kindness and advancement for females in the legal profession. Not one person who knew kav testified otherwise.
Of course they didn’t testify. The GOP senators refused to allow them to testify during their whitewash.

Days

Commentator
"Squeaky clean" is a quote from the president. By all accounts of Kavanaugh's life and career, it is an accurate assessment. Fake news and false accusations are the liars, his real life was combed over in that hearing and it was a stellar example of kindness and advancement for females in the legal profession. Not one person who knew kav testified otherwise.
Of course they didn’t testify. The GOP senators refused to allow them to testify during their whitewash.
Yes they did testify... 60 women sent testimony to that hearing, every major friend and colleague from his whole career. You ignore his real life and pretend it didn't happen. You avoid reality like its a plague, isn't the truth allowed in Bugslandia?

sear

Mayor
""Squeaky clean" is a quote from the president. By all accounts of Kavanaugh's life and career, it is an accurate assessment. " D #103
- piffle -
Kavanaugh himself has refuted that, in formal testimony, and I would imagine, under oath.
Kavanaugh has confessed to having a drinking problem. Not merely that he likes beer, though he was emphatic about that.
Kavanaugh further made the point that he's consumed beverage ethanol to excess.

I can't account for your personal standards D #103. But I will tell you, drinking to excess excludes a candidate from the "squeaky clean" category by our cultural standard, and my own standard as well.

Kavanaugh may end up being the world's most fabulous jurist. That's fine.
But "squeaky clean" he is not.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Yes they did testify... 60 women sent testimony to that hearing, every major friend and colleague from his whole career. You ignore his real life and pretend it didn't happen. You avoid reality like its a plague, isn't the truth allowed in Bugslandia?

In Trumplandia, when the GOP senators refused to let people testify, the conclusion to be drawn is that they were allowed to testify.