• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I have to laugh

Wahbooz

Governor
when I read some of the stuff here, because it reminds me of the 2001 Buffalo silver dollar. When the U.S. Mint introduced this coin, a company that calls itself the "National Collectors Mint" began hawking it's own version. One of the sales people at the U.S. Mint told me that people were calling in complaining that they were charging too much for them, and that "their other mint" was selling them far cheaper. That's ok, I'll buy all they return.

Truth is, the 'National Collectors Mint" is not a part of the U.S. Mint, and their 2001 Buffalo dollar is worth..... get this... silver melt. That's all. Anyone who bought into it has only a silver round, and does not even come close to the value of the Buffalo dollar, which garners a buy price of at least $150 for the unc. and $170 for the proof. Since their 'Buffalo' was a proof, that's a difference of $22.42 compared to $170+.

Or the 'New York Mint' and their commercial for Morgan dollars or Gold Eagles, they 'found a horde in Europe'. their claim, Gold was confiscated, and these are the only ones available. Go to a coin show sometime and see how many Gold eagles, Double Eagles, $3, $2 1/2, $1 Gold coins you can find. These were in collectors possession, in America, since the U.S. went off the Gold standard.

Take things with a grain of salt, people.