• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I heard that Burger King has a plan to relocate

13% savings???

From your article...

...Burger King’s overall effective tax rate was 27.5% in 2013, according to its annual report. Tim Horton is expected to book a tax rate of 29% this year.

There was another article in Yahoo Finance that said the tax savings was estimated at 13% I will try and find it.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
There was another article in Yahoo Finance that said the tax savings was estimated at 13% I will try and find it.
The reality is the US simply does not have one of the highest effective corporate tax rates.

...Earlier this year, the Government Accountability Office, a federal agency, examined corporate tax returns to determine the taxes corporations actually pay. It found that in 2010, profitable corporations based in the United States had an effective federal tax rate of 13 percent on their worldwide income, 17 percent including state and local taxes...

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/26/effective-corporate-tax-rates/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

The reality is the US simply does not have one of the highest effective corporate tax rates.

...Earlier this year, the Government Accountability Office, a federal agency, examined corporate tax returns to determine the taxes corporations actually pay. It found that in 2010, profitable corporations based in the United States had an effective federal tax rate of 13 percent on their worldwide income, 17 percent including state and local taxes...

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/26/effective-corporate-tax-rates/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

So the finacial wizards of these companies are just wasting money relocating headquarters to the offices of offshore acquisitions. Got it!

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
So the finacial wizards of these companies are just wasting money relocating headquarters to the offices of offshore acquisitions. Got it!
I quoted the article you posted showing Tim Horton paying a greater tax rate than BK.

Obviously, it is not all about taxes. If the article you posted is correct, there is not a 13% savings in taxes. This is what the article YOU POSTED says..

...Burger King’s overall effective tax rate was 27.5% in 2013, according to its annual report. Tim Horton is expected to book a tax rate of 29% this year.

So...maybe...in Canada...29% is 13% lower than 27.5%. But not where I live.

I quoted the article you posted showing Tim Horton paying a greater tax rate than BK.

Obviously, it is not all about taxes. If the article you posted is correct, there is not a 13% savings in taxes. This is what the article YOU POSTED says..

2013 is one year

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
2013 is one year
Yes, it is. And that one year is a clear indicator that the US does not have the highest corporate tax rate and that BK will not save 13% in taxes.

You have no years. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Show me...that the USA has the highest effective tax rate. You can't, because it doesn't. Google it all you want, Bing it all you want...You will not find it.

EliteMind

Council Member
Good riddance. Jew-ish owners using human meat can't be good. so it's time to cut their losses and take the money and run. thank GOD!!