• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I just don't care anymore.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
i could go with some twisted funny stuff after reading the replies;)

but i wont....

so i'll just leave you with this...

shit happens
this too will end
nothing lasts forever
worry is negative, and if you cant do anything about it, there's no sense worrying about it..
take pleasure where you can find it...
lifes too short to waste worrying..

:D

Caroljo

Senator

The thing is, we can't just quit, or they (whoever 'they' are) wins. This whole country is so out of control, I don't know what could fix it. But we do what we can.

Jen

Senator
i could go with some twisted funny stuff after reading the replies;)

but i wont....

so i'll just leave you with this...

shit happens
this too will end
nothing lasts forever
worry is negative, and if you cant do anything about it, there's no sense worrying about it..
take pleasure where you can find it...
lifes too short to waste worrying..

:D
Not wasting my time worrying. Life is fine.

Jen

Senator

The thing is, we can't just quit, or they (whoever 'they' are) wins. This whole country is so out of control, I don't know what could fix it. But we do what we can.
I live a quiet, sane life. If everything online that I see becomes too stupid I'll just ignore that. I certainly can't make Lefty couples designate the obvious sex for their baby. I certainly can't make Lefty realize that protecting Muslims is asking to be slaughtered. I can't convince Lefty that killing inconvenient babies before or after birth is murder. And I certainly can't make anyone be sane and come here for hashing through issues at hand rather than calling anyone who disagrees an "old crow" or something else worse.

When I am sick of that stuff, I'll just live in my very nice real life for a while.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
a little secret...

about 1-2 months or so ago,,my 9 year old toshiba laptop finally passed on...it wasnt worth repairing,,so,,it was time for new computer...i dont make snap decisions and i like to take my time before i plunk down 600-700 bucks on anything, so there i was,,without the internet [no smartphone as i dont need one] i really missed not having the computer to tv connection [videos, movies etc.]
i had bought the toshiba 9 years ago on HSN, [6month no interest, free software, 2 year warranty etc] so i decided to wait for them to offer more computers...i didnt know when they would but their number was on the tv so i called and they said the next time was 2 weeks ahead...so i wrote that date down and just waited,,,it was hard the first couple days w/o the internet,,but,,it became less and less,,,and by the time i finally got this new one,,it didnt bother me at all,,infact,, i slept better, rose earlier and got more done w/o it...these things are addictive and im sure they have more negative effects than we would like to admit...
it got me thinking about a bumper sticker i once saw,,"kill your tv!"
now i know what it meant...

HP quadcore processors 2 terabytes mem. ADP for gaming and every bell and whistle known to man, 90% of which i'll never learn to use nor desire to...with windows 10, that might as well be chinese..[i had vista, i knew vista] its like learning a foreign language again.
but its red..

Jen

Senator
a little secret...

about 1-2 months or so ago,,my 9 year old toshiba laptop finally passed on...it wasnt worth repairing,,so,,it was time for new computer...i dont make snap decisions and i like to take my time before i plunk down 600-700 bucks on anything, so there i was,,without the internet [no smartphone as i dont need one] i really missed not having the computer to tv connection [videos, movies etc.]
i had bought the toshiba 9 years ago on HSN, [6month no interest, free software, 2 year warranty etc] so i decided to wait for them to offer more computers...i didnt know when they would but their number was on the tv so i called and they said the next time was 2 weeks ahead...so i wrote that date down and just waited,,,it was hard the first couple days w/o the internet,,but,,it became less and less,,,and by the time i finally got this new one,,it didnt bother me at all,,infact,, i slept better, rose earlier and got more done w/o it...these things are addictive and im sure they have more negative effects than we would like to admit...
it got me thinking about a bumper sticker i once saw,,"kill your tv!"
now i know what it meant...

HP quadcore processors 2 terabytes mem. ADP for gaming and every bell and whistle known to man, 90% of which i'll never learn to use nor desire to...with windows 10, that might as well be chinese..[i had vista, i knew vista] its like learning a foreign language again.
but its red..
I lived in Sardinia, Italy (just an island, not even mainland) for 2 years with no phone, no tv, no radio.........no current periodicals and mail got to me a month after it was sent. I did have a VCR and the occasional badly copied pirated movie or tv show( that's how I saw the third Star Wars movie and the last episode of MASH). I loved it. That was over 30 years ago. Before internet.
I learned the art of the evening meal at 7pm (which I still do) and the promenade around town stopping at bars for cappuccino, wine, or gelato.

I am not sure I could disconnect now. But when we went to Maui this past spring I did. And it was fine.

I do have a bell and whistle gaming computer with a 29" flat screen and I would miss my gaming.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I lived in Sardinia, Italy (just an island, not even mainland) for 2 years with no phone, no tv, no radio.........no current periodicals and mail got to me a month after it was sent. I did have a VCR and the occasional badly copied pirated movie or tv show( that's how I saw the third Star Wars movie and the last episode of MASH). I loved it. That was over 30 years ago. Before internet.
I learned the art of the evening meal at 7pm (which I still do) and the promenade around town stopping at bars for cappuccino, wine, or gelato.

I am not sure I could disconnect now. But when we went to Maui this past spring I did. And it was fine.

I do have a bell and whistle gaming computer with a 29" flat screen and I would miss my gaming.
In June last year,I went on a 6 day trip to Chattanooga and never turned the TV on in my hotel room or watched one anyplace else the whole trip. I liked it so much,I have seldom turned mine on at home since. When I go on trips,I am on the march so hard that I might be online a few minutes early in the morning and late in the evening. Life is simple and I'm loving it.

Jen

Senator
In June last year,I went on a 6 day trip to Chattanooga and never turned the TV on in my hotel room or watched one anyplace else the whole trip. I liked it so much,I have seldom turned mine on at home since. When I go on trips,I am on the march so hard that I might be online a few minutes early in the morning and late in the evening. Life is simple and I'm loving it.
The simpler one's life is, the more quality it seems to have. My husband and I had our kids near us until they were well into their 20's. Now all of them are across the country and - our life is very simple and we are very happy. My husband is very funny so he keeps me laughing - and he thinks I"m funny for some reason. We rarely eat out and we cook interesting things together here............ it's kind of like that simple life we lived all those years ago in Sardinia. It's good. He still works, but we're working on getting him to retirement within the next couple of years.