1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

I just love love love me some lefty hypocrisy...

Discussion in 'Latest Political News and Current Events' started by Raoul_Luke, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Raoul_Luke

Raoul_Luke I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.

I saw dem candidate Julio Castro this week, delicately pointing out that Pete Buttigieg has a "problem" with the African American vote. Of course, he deftly side stepped the reason why - it's because he is gay. And African Americans, on average, tend to be a bit homophobic:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4005477?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Can you imagine if it was white evangelicals who were anti-Buttigieg? We all know the answer - Castro would have been calling for their "cancellation" en masse! Yet there was Castro, leaving the obvious unsaid, because of course, there is a double standard at work here. Castro is seeking to benefit politically from African American anti-gay bias, which is the equivalent of tacitly endorsing it. Commence the circular firing squad!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius AMERICAN, as in United States of... Supporting Member

liberals tend to do something else in a circle.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. NinaS

NinaS Senator Supporting Member

Evangelicals are mostly homophobic. Google it.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Raoul_Luke

I didn't say they weren't - read it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Jen

Jen meh

Democrats set up laws and rules. Those laws and rules do NOT apply to Democrats.........only to everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. EatTheRich

EatTheRich President

No. It’s because of his town’s history of police brutality and his failure to take it seriously.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
  7. The Thinker

The Thinker Over The Top Abuser Of Liberal Nut Cases

Mayor Pete also fired the black police chief.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. llovejim

llovejim Current Champion

African Americans also are not flocking to Warren or Sanders, and they are not gay. There goes that theory, along with every other senseless right wing theory, which so far is all of them. Blacks are not a monolithic vote any more than rural white folks, but they are pretty similar in many ways- they are slow to accept anyone "new," or what they consider new. Biden has worked with the NACCP for decades, shown up in black neighborhoods, met with black folks and showed a sincere desire to hear them and meet with them and work with them to make sure everyone has equal rights in this country. for decades and decades. And of course being tied to President Obama is just icing on that cake and earns him huge respect....Hillary had the same respect in the black community for the same reasons, her work in that community, the many visits and concern she showed over the decades, and being tied to Bill Clinton who was a genuine hero to most black folks in this country....

but some super white dude from Milwaukee? some super white old man from Vermont? some Indian lady from Oklahoma? where is their decades of concern, their one on one contact, their efforts to meet black folks across the country and listen to what they have to say?

that is what drives their complacency for those guys, even if i believe they are wrong to question their commitment to racial equality.

9. llovejim

bullshit. what did he do to not take it seriously? you do know that the mayor does not judge cops right or wrong, right? that they have legal rights like everybody else, and any instances of what might be considered illegal use of force by police are investigated and prosecuted, if need be, by the legal system, not by the mayor. what a dumbass notion that mayors can order some cop to jail even if the grand jury no-bills him or a jury finds him not guilty.

show some facts about what he did not do that he could have done.

10. llovejim

only when a trump voter male is the pivot man. because trump voter males love being the center of attention. even in a circle jerk.

11. The Thinker

FACT: Mayor Pete fired the black police chief for having recorded conversations by racist white cops.

12. llovejim

that is against the law in many states and if he did it without their knowledge it is probably against company policy or policy of any entity that believes private conversations are private, unless otherwise noted.

why would anyone be against a mayor firing a police chief of any color who secretly taped conversations with his fellow officers?

what are you even crying about? you think Mayor Pete is a racist because of that?

13. The Thinker

I see no crying going on. However, in context of racist Mayor Pete's other decisions, clearly this was a racist move designed to tamp down any talk of racism and brutality rather than to confront it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. EatTheRich

EatTheRich President

He could have pushed for community oversight boards, organized demonstrations calling for prosecutions, publicly requested the police back off, etc.

15. Raoul_Luke

Blacks are "slow?" WTF kind of racist bullshit are you pushing here???

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. The Thinker

You say evangelicals are "mostly homophobic". First off, define that. Secondly, for your viewing pleasure:

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. The Thinker

Of course Mayor Pete is a racist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. The Thinker

Oh please, we all know about Biden. Thinks Barack Obama is the first clean black man. Was buddies with southern DemocRAT racists. Says poor kids (that means black and brown) are just as talented as white kids.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Nutty Cortez

Nutty Cortez Woot Woot !!!!!!

Oooooh I know I know !!!!!.

You would be against it if BootyJudge had an (R) after his name. And would be crying RACISM to the heavens 24/7

20. NinaS

NinaS Senator Supporting Member

First off, KMA. Who are you to tell me what to do?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1