• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I just wanted to share some personal good news

Huskyoverlord

Council Member
I regard alot of you on here as friends from the left and right and have been generally happy being on this forum. I just wanted to share some of my personal good news with you. In between my second and third season with USPSA ( an action pistol sport I talk about alot ) I have become not only a range officer but have joined/started a shooting team/squad and have gotten sponsership and can call my self a semi proffesional shooter.

Two members are long time friends and the other was a lone shooter looking for a group of guys to shoot with and we formed a team and now are offical. I just can't wait until march when the season starts again , barring a major snow storm or other horrible weather. I have an odd finish being put on my glock 17 and will post pics when finished. I am happy as a clam and this might turn into a real job for me.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I regard alot of you on here as friends from the left and right and have been generally happy being on this forum. I just wanted to share some of my personal good news with you. In between my second and third season with USPSA ( an action pistol sport I talk about alot ) I have become not only a range officer but have joined/started a shooting team/squad and have gotten sponsership and can call my self a semi proffesional shooter.

Two members are long time friends and the other was a lone shooter looking for a group of guys to shoot with and we formed a team and now are offical. I just can't wait until march when the season starts again , barring a major snow storm or other horrible weather. I have an odd finish being put on my glock 17 and will post pics when finished. I am happy as a clam and this might turn into a real job for me.
Congratulations. Are you also involved in teaching Hunter Safety classes?

Friday13

Governor
Congratz, Husky! It's good to hear that something you enjoy so much has given you something special to look forward to. I'll cross my fingers for you that it does "turn into a real job" for you.

Huskyoverlord

Council Member
Congratulations. Are you also involved in teaching Hunter Safety classes?
Don't think I'd be great at hunter safety since I have never hunted , but could pull it off on the make sure what you are shooting at and watch that muzzle angle. Love your new pic:) and thanks. As much as I have tried to avoid the NRA it seems they are the big name in instructor classes and the most revered. I personally hate the saber rattling and over blown propaganda the NRA spews. I am more the fluffly let's go out and shoot safely and have fun type guy. I carry a firearm daily but it is just a tool I hope to never use in defense. I also feel like a tool for pressing a former LEO for the story of the man he shot and killed on duty and could see in his eyes how much it hurt him to talk about it. I am part of the gun culture that's waiting in the wind for the middle road and never have been that much of a tacticool guy.

My girlfriend of years has seen me bring home some strange looking stuff and even commented once "what are you some kind of drug lord" when I walked in with AR-15 in one hand and a mac-11 in the other after a shopping trip:) Right then and there I understood how people get fooled because I took out my mac-11 ( semi auto ) to the range and fired it with her there and she said "oh it just shoots like that? I thought it was going to fire really really fast" I guess she thought it was full auto because it looked like one from the movies. I had to sell most of my "unneeded toys" due to a lack of work , and kept most of what I used often.

Huskyoverlord

Council Member
Congratz, Husky! It's good to hear that something you enjoy so much has given you something special to look forward to. I'll cross my fingers for you that it does "turn into a real job" for you.
Thank you very much. I will post links when our team you tube channel is up , I have a feeling this might be a good year:) Any luck on your end?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Don't think I'd be great at hunter safety since I have never hunted , but could pull it off on the make sure what you are shooting at and watch that muzzle angle. Love your new pic:) and thanks. As much as I have tried to avoid the NRA it seems they are the big name in instructor classes and the most revered. I personally hate the saber rattling and over blown propaganda the NRA spews. I am more the fluffly let's go out and shoot safely and have fun type guy. I carry a firearm daily but it is just a tool I hope to never use in defense. I also feel like a tool for pressing a former LEO for the story of the man he shot and killed on duty and could see in his eyes how much it hurt him to talk about it. I am part of the gun culture that's waiting in the wind for the middle road and never have been that much of a tacticool guy.

My girlfriend of years has seen me bring home some strange looking stuff and even commented once "what are you some kind of drug lord" when I walked in with AR-15 in one hand and a mac-11 in the other after a shopping trip:) Right then and there I understood how people get fooled because I took out my mac-11 ( semi auto ) to the range and fired it with her there and she said "oh it just shoots like that? I thought it was going to fire really really fast" I guess she thought it was full auto because it looked like one from the movies. I had to sell most of my "unneeded toys" due to a lack of work , and kept most of what I used often.
Well when I saw you write that you are a "Range Officer" I thought I'd ask you about teaching hunter safety as the only guy I know who is a Range Officer does teach Hunter Safety as well as whatever else his position entails. The reason I know that is because he was trying to get us to sign up our son for hunter safety classes because he feels every boy should know how to handle a fire arm. The thing is our son isn't at all interested in guns and hunting so my husband feels it's best if he doesn't take the lessons. Like trying to make a kid take dancing lessons when they are not interested and clumsy. LOL I do feel though that if kids are really interested in guns they should take hunter's safety just so they learn to handle them properly if and when they get one of their own. The guy I know who teaches it is a retired army man. I don't know one end of a gun from another myself. My Shih tzu is my protection when my husband isn't home. You think that would work? She would lick them to death.

MaryAnne

Governor

Congratulations Husky. I hope this succeeds for you. What a great way to teach and provide safety for others.

This may be a good idea to incorporate teaching gun safety to children along the way.

Nice to hear good news from a friend. :eek:)

Huskyoverlord

Council Member
Well when I saw you write that you are a "Range Officer" I thought I'd ask you about teaching hunter safety as the only guy I know who is a Range Officer does teach Hunter Safety as well as whatever else his position entails. The reason I know that is because he was trying to get us to sign up our son for hunter safety classes because he feels every boy should know how to handle a fire arm. The thing is our son isn't at all interested in guns and hunting so my husband feels it's best if he doesn't take the lessons. Like trying to make a kid take dancing lessons when they are not interested and clumsy. LOL I do feel though that if kids are really interested in guns they should take hunter's safety just so they learn to handle them properly if and when they get one of their own. The guy I know who teaches it is a retired army man. I don't know one end of a gun from another myself. My Shih tzu is my protection when my husband isn't home. You think that would work? She would lick them to death.
Hey little dogs are better then any alarm system all you need is the plan after you dog tells you there is something wrong. Is it the hunter safety course that bothers your son or firearms in general? Not to knock on this guy but everyone should know firearm safety and how to use one and how load /unload them in case of emergency and it could be any reason. Like in tucson AZ the guy who tackled the shooter took his gun and rendered it "safe" by unloading it.

Huskyoverlord

Council Member
Congratulations Husky. I hope this succeeds for you. What a great way to teach and provide safety for others.

This may be a good idea to incorporate teaching gun safety to children along the way.

Nice to hear good news from a friend. :eek:)
Thank you and , yes I would love to teach children firearms safety , maybe I'll have to bite the bullet ( excuse the pun ) and get into the NRA's eddie eagle program. I have odd veiws on children and firearms because I know they have to have fun and be engaged and not have military type instruction. Safety is number one in my book and fun runs the close second.

D

Doc

Well, Shih Tzu's were bred to be "watch dogs." (LOL, not that many in the modern day perform the duty all that well, what, with their lap-warming duties, and all!).

That said, I once talked to a friend in Law Enforcement, and he told me that Dogs, were, hands down, one of the best "security" systems you could find. The Reasons:

#1. Most Criminals do not like NOISE, while attempting to do their deeds.
#2. Human Psychology: While there are many Criminal types who may do you, or your family harm, they still have some sort of personal "morality," when it comes to harming dogs (Unless threatened). Even then, "taking out a dog," may require MORE noise, thus, potential for getting caught....
#3. Human Psychology II: Many Criminals, at the core of their being, live in a state of fear. As such, a Dog, even a small "yipper," can actually "frighten" them.

mark14

Council Member
Congratulations,

I have a couple of "gun nut" friends (I'm amazed at the size of their arsenals) who would never kill a thing but truly just love shooting. Don't forget your ear protection.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
And let's not forget the glaring differences between 'watch dog' (a barker) and a 'guard dog' (a biter).

That's why I own two Dobermans, they bark AND bite.