• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I need some suggestions...Should we put in a pool???

Jen

Senator
As many times as I've been there, this is the first I've ever heard of it....

I'm going back to HNL in July and will definitely have to check it out.

Do you remember the old International Market Place, in the center of Waikiki? It's gone now...they put up another mall. Yes, they saved the banyan tree and sign...but so what? :(

I keep toying with the idea of moving there, but it is so far away from "home". Plus, since the restoration from the flood last year, I'm inspired to redo the rest of my house, so now it's going to be "just right".
That's just sad. I loved all of that cool stuff under the Banyan tree. Somewhere around there was a cool little bar the Blue Kangaroo. It wasn't a tourist stomping place.

Don't go to Hotel Street alone, especially at night. It's was a dangerous place when I was there so many years ago and it's probably worse now.

Hawaii is nice to visit but I really couldn't live there. That dot in the ocean starts getting too small too fast.

Jen

Senator
I loved the Market place! So many cool things there! Yes, you'll have to check out Hotel Street, but I wouldn't hang around. Mostly Trans and gay bars! It was very well known during WWII. My dad would joke around about it sometimes....lots of military guys would go there on leave! :) Back then it was mostly just whores and protitutes though.
Did you hear it called "S@it Street"? That's what the sailors called it when I was there.

Caroljo

Senator
Did you hear it called "S@it Street"? That's what the sailors called it when I was there.
No, hadn't heard that. Oh...when we were down there for the haunted house, of course my oldest son (6 at the time) had to go to the bathroom. It was a long line, so there was time, so my friend took him to look for a place he could go. She ended up having to take him into a gay bar to use the bathroom! We had a good laugh out of that!

Caroljo

Senator
That's just sad. I loved all of that cool stuff under the Banyan tree. Somewhere around there was a cool little bar the Blue Kangaroo. It wasn't a tourist stomping place.

Don't go to Hotel Street alone, especially at night. It's was a dangerous place when I was there so many years ago and it's probably worse now.

Hawaii is nice to visit but I really couldn't live there. That dot in the ocean starts getting too small too fast.
I was there about 1 1/2 yrs....and yes, I got "Island Fever". Heck, it only took about 3 hrs(?) to go around the entire island (if you didn't make stops). We couldn't afford to just jump on a plane and go home. A friend of mine that I went to school with had come to visit with her husband, then later they decided to move there. I think they were only there 2 or 3 yrs and decided to move back home!