• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I really miss

Exactly. No one remembers what the circumstances were and he just couldn't let it go. As you know calling someone a liar is against the rules and everyone that gets temp banned broke the rules.

A few months back the users here got together on the chat room and created the current rules.

Now you and others are saying the rules are changing. Well yes they changed to the rules that the users here created.
And can you blame him? Right is right - if a poster is punished they should at least know why - or a bit of diplomacy should be used?

I didn't begin this thread to rehash someone else's row - just to say that I miss him as do others - Perma banning someone who has been a part of this community for over a decade does not only impact on them but also on the rest of the community. He is a good poster, speaks is mind, has passion, and bothers to debate at length - not just silly drive by snarks of which there seem to be very many lately.

I don't like most of the rules, who ever made them and which have killed the wild spirit of this community but that is beside the point - it is the often seemingly arbitrary and uncaring/cold implementation of them that, if they do, I should imagine posters dislike - though we are used to it now, I suppose.

I didn't see any liar incident - so don't know what you are talking about - are you saying the Frey called someone a liar? - context?

I expect you should think yourself lucky that Frey was a soldier and not a sailor - if he felt crossed by you.

Exactly. No one remembers what the circumstances were and he just couldn't let it go. As you know calling someone a liar is against the rules and everyone that gets temp banned broke the rules.

A few months back the users here got together on the chat room and created the current rules.

Now you and others are saying the rules are changing. Well yes they changed to the rules that the users here created.
Honestly - It seems that things got heated between you two in private which has nothing to do with us in the public forum - why should we all be impacted because of your row?

I think that Frey should be able to post here, where he has posted with us since this forum began - and there after keep away from each other or have a go between.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
And can you blame him? Right is right - if a poster is punished they should at least know why - or a bit of diplomacy should be used?

I didn't begin this thread to rehash someone else's row - just to say that I miss him as do others - Perma banning someone who has been a part of this community for over a decade does not only impact on them but also on the rest of the community. He is a good poster, speaks is mind, has passion, and bothers to debate at length - not just silly drive by snarks of which there seem to be very many lately.

I don't like most of the rules, who ever made them and which have killed the wild spirit of this community but that is beside the point - it is the often seemingly arbitrary and uncaring/cold implementation of them that, if they do, I should imagine posters dislike - though we are used to it now, I suppose.

I didn't see any liar incident - so don't know what you are talking about - are you saying the Frey called someone a liar? - context?

I expect you should think yourself lucky that Frey was a soldier and not a sailor - if he felt crossed by you.
I think you know a permaban here is almost impossible to get. Anyone who wants added to Freyasman's PM he sent to the mods can see for themselves there was no other choice.

The current PJ rules were made by you the users late in 2019 and agreed to by all.

I guess you are threatening me? Not sure what you mean by the last sentence?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

I suggest reading "Animal Farm"

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Honestly - It seems that things got heated between you two in private which has nothing to do with us in the public forum - why should we all be impacted because of your row?

I think that Frey should be able to post here, where he has posted with us since this forum began - and there after keep away from each other or have a go between.
It was Frey that was heated against the entire mod team. The mod team never said a bad thing towards him. I can add you to the PM so you can read it for yourself. It was completely one sided and we are still confused what he is complaining about. It was unanimously decided by the mods after 4 months of abuse to perma ban and only after temp bans and extended temp bans failed to even budge the behavior. It was simply taking too much of our time.

You said: "I think that Frey should be able to post here, where he has posted with us since this forum began - and there after keep away from each other or have a go between."

How would that work?

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Our class read animal farm in the 6th grade.
Key learning...
George Orwell's Animal Farm is a political allegory about revolution and power. Through the tale of a group of farm animals who overthrow the owner of the farm, Animal Farm explores themes of totalitarianism, the corruption of ideals, and the power of language.

It was Frey that was heated against the entire mod team. The mod team never said a bad thing towards him. I can add you to the PM so you can read it for yourself. It was completely one sided and we are still confused what he is complaining about. It was unanimously decided by the mods after 4 months of abuse to perma ban and only after temp bans and extended temp bans failed to even budge the behavior. It was simply taking too much of our time.

You said: "I think that Frey should be able to post here, where he has posted with us since this forum began - and there after keep away from each other or have a go between."

How would that work?
A go between or two when necessary -

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I think you know a permaban here is almost impossible to get. Anyone who wants added to Freyasman's PM he sent to the mods can see for themselves there was no other choice.

The current PJ rules were made by you the users late in 2019 and agreed to by all.

I guess you are threatening me? Not sure what you mean by the last sentence?
I would ignore the whole thing. HE want's to come back.. he can email you.

especially the late to the game input of people who dont know one iota of the backstory, but backhand with veiled threats, and lead in with made up nonsense of top posts arbitarily being deleted....

screw that.

I would ignore the whole thing. HE want's to come back.. he can email you.

especially the late to the game input of people who dont know one iota of the backstory, but backhand with veiled threats, and lead in with made up nonsense of top posts arbitarily being deleted....

screw that.
I have made no threats at all - and some moderating really does seem arbitrary and or petty. In this case - I dunno but it seems to me that the situation wasn't handled very well ---- For heavens sake Phil you've know Frey for a long time why on earth did you let it go so far? Or don't you care anymore?

I do know how Frey is when he is angry and I have followed what has been going on - I may not post much now but I am here most days -

I am not alone in very much wanting Frey to be able to post here for he is a part of this community - there is always a way whereby no-one need lose face.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have made no threats at all - and some moderating really does seem arbitrary and or petty. In this case - I dunno but it seems to me that the situation wasn't handled very well ---- For heavens sake Phil you've know Frey for a long time why on earth did you let it go so far? Or don't you care anymore?

I do know how Frey is when he is angry and I have followed what has been going on - I may not post much now but I am here most days -

I am not alone in very much wanting Frey to be able to post here for he is a part of this community - there is always a way whereby no-one need lose face.
see... you just did it again.. What do you mean why did I let it get so far?????
what do you mean...dont I care?

people have been shi tting on me and the other mods here for years. there's your answer on whether I care. YEars. flat out shi tting.

Frey....I like him, and agree...

but, it wont stop...hasnt stop..after repeatedly asking for it to stop.. honestly, the basis for the disagreement...i think that's long lost... he keeps [Unwelcome language removed] on the owner of the site...backhanding the mods..

wtf?

what does that even mean..lose face? frey is a good dude. stop [Unwelcome language removed] on everybody is the request. (he can write to SW)

you keep saying were a community.... wheres the community telling one another to stop (the years long) [Unwelcome language removed] on me, on BD, on SW....? who are just trying to make it a decent place to post...for all of us?

bull shit... but no hesitation with the abrbtrary and petty... that's it's some how my fault...or any other mod.

there's a record of all this..it's by no means arbitrary.

go on tell the community...

see... you just did it again.. What do you mean why did I let it get so far?????
what do you mean...dont I care?

people have been shi tting on me and the other mods here for years. there's your answer on whether I care. YEars. flat out shi tting.

Frey....I like him, and agree...

but, it wont stop...hasnt stop..after repeatedly asking for it to stop.. honestly, the basis for the disagreement...i think that's long lost... he keeps [Unwelcome language removed] on the owner of the site...backhanding the mods..

wtf?

what does that even mean..lose face? frey is a good dude. stop [Unwelcome language removed] on everybody is the request. (he can write to SW)

you keep saying were a community.... wheres the community telling one another to stop (the years long) [Unwelcome language removed] on me, on BD, on SW....? who are just trying to make it a decent place to post...for all of us?

bull shit... but no hesitation with the abrbtrary and petty... that's it's some how my fault...or any other mod.

there's a record of all this..it's by no means arbitrary.

go on tell the community...
Ummm I missed half of that ---- you weren't swearing where you Phil?

Good so we have got to that point, even though it took anger to get there! - You like Frey. So can we find a way for him to come back --- put this behind you all --- ?

I don't know who mods what Phil -

I am asking if Frey can come back - though I began by simply saying I missed him. If he can I can tell him so ........... open the door and keep outta each others way - use a moderator between Frey and Mods.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Good so we have got to that point, even though it took anger to get there! - You like Frey. So can we find a way for him to come back --- put this behind you all --- ?

I am asking if Frey can come back - though I began by simply saying I missed him. If he can I can tell him so ........... open the door and keep outta each others way - use a moderator between Frey and Mods.
i have no answer for you, i missed half of that.

frey will need to email sw

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member

You said you miss him. Then you said "but hey we can't question the hand of 'god' can we?" then you said "It has just got worse and worse - to such a point that, I for one, won't put energy/passion into any posts now for them just to be disappeared arbitrarily - never knowing why."

Yet these were the rules that the PJ users here came up with a few months back and agreed to abide by. But now suddenly its the hand of god and its getting worse and worse?

What constitutes a deleted post was in fact a definition created by the users here. A site for the users with rules created by the users.

You said you miss him. Then you said "but hey we can't question the hand of 'god' can we?" then you said "It has just got worse and worse - to such a point that, I for one, won't put energy/passion into any posts now for them just to be disappeared arbitrarily - never knowing why."

Yet these were the rules that the PJ users here came up with a few months back and agreed to abide by. But now suddenly its the hand of god and its getting worse and worse?

What constitutes a deleted post was in fact a definition created by the users here. A site for the users with rules created by the users.
Who was at this meeting? Anyone I know? I doubt it - the good people don't want freedom of speech disappeared.

I am speaking from the pov of seeing PJ from the beginning - and true I did once write reems of researched and thought out posts for it just to be deleted - I stopped posting so much then. Now, just the other day I teased middleview and patch! gone - we have been arguing the same subject for years but teasing one another isn't allowed? No biggy but what is the point? What is the point of posting if we can't be ourselves? If we have to second guess our words all spontaneity is dead.

I'm tired and must go and eat --- back later