• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I shared this with my County Mayor who said he'd share it with the governor.

Consider doing the same whoever reads this. Thanks to those around here who helped me formulate and strengthen this discussion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mayor Holness,

I’m writing to you to share some thoughts one of your staff (Ms. Scarlett) and I came up with in a conversation we had regarding our response to Covid-19. Please speak with her. She's a credit to your office.

It seems like maybe we could better control this disease if we stop looking at masks not as something that protects me from you but as something that protects you from me because I’m the one wearing the mask. If we all are required to wear a mask in public we protect each other in this way.

There are respirator masks (N95 & P100) and surgical masks. I am talking about surgical masks. Surgical mask sewing patterns can be downloaded from the internet and made at home from sheets (some have pockets for tissues to be placed within and remain breathable). People could have a number of masks to wear through out the day and wash them at home.

Keep in mind the purpose of the mask is to keep an infected person’s sputum from landing on people or the surfaces people touch by trapping it in the mask (much like a man’s handkerchief does).

If you could mandate that everyone in Broward County wore a surgical styled mask in public we may have the same success Asia is currently achieving. Everyone in Japan, Korea, Taiwain, China, Singapore, et al seem to be wearing at least a surgical styled mask in public and there numbers are going down.

People under 50, who have a very low mortality rate in this, who have no signs of infection could go about their business as long as they were wearing a mask. Please also consider purchasing UV-C virucide devices to clean up our public buildings nightly.

Making these surgical masks mandatory could create a cottage industry and could allow our county, our state, our country to open back up for business. Thank you and God bless your efforts in these times.

Sincerely,