• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I spent 12 hours driving with a conservative this week...

Yes, I did. Now I never, ever bring up politics with anyone anymore. Due to my obsession with politics and blogs like this one over the last 16 years, I finally realized that if I brought up politics with anyone it was going to be a one sided affair as soon as I got going in rebuttal. Why? Because I have already heard every single right wing answer or idea on every issue known to mankind and whether I responded or someone else did, I have heard it all by now. In addition, my wife warned me never to bring it up again so I really don't bring up politics at all.

But conservatives cannot help themselves. Every single time I am with a conservative for any length of time, they bring up politics. It usually takes only a few minutes and bingo, there goes an off color declaration about Obama or blacks or Mexicans or liberals or you name it, they are mad about it. So guess what came up during our 12 hours on the road this week? Politics. Here are some of the ideas shared with me while driving.

1. The financial collapse of 2008 was because of Clinton and Barney Frank.
2. Black Lives Matter are racists and terrorists.
3. Black people are criminals, on welfare and lazy.
4. Fox News is the only fair news on TV, all the rest are in the tank for liberals.
5. CBS, NBC, ABC and CNN are constantly telling us that Obama is right on everything.
6. Melania's plagiarism is a fake issue made up by liberal media.
7. People have arsenals in case the world ends (he is a prepper).
8. If the world collapses, he has enough weaponry to withstand an attack upon his property and will shoot anyone who crosses his property line.
9. Everything would be OK if only neighbors talked to each other again. He lives in a white suburb of Dallas.
10. He is not racist because he grew up in Southern Texas with a lot of Mexicans.
11. His grandmother was a gem, she told it like it is and said n_gger all the time.
12. All professors are liberals so their knowledge is biased.
13. Kids go to college and get indoctrinated in liberal ideas.
14. You don't have to be black to be a n_gger.
15. Obama is the worst President of all time.
16. I don't hate liberals.
17. Hillary should be in jail.
18. I pay more taxes under Obama than every before.
19. We would not be safer if we had one billion guns on the street but 300 million is fine.
20. Obama is trying to take my guns even though he has never tried.

So there you have the collective wisdom of your average conservative.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
my sympathies to his driver...

to be stuck driving some snowflake around for 12 hours as he wheezeed, coughed, sniffled and farted his way across the country is above and beyond the call of anything...

but then,,,there was no ride, no rider, only another blog lifted by a prog...;)

Yes, I did. Now I never, ever bring up politics with anyone anymore. Due to my obsession with politics and blogs like this one over the last 16 years, I finally realized that if I brought up politics with anyone it was going to be a one sided affair as soon as I got going in rebuttal. Why? Because I have already heard every single right wing answer or idea on every issue known to mankind and whether I responded or someone else did, I have heard it all by now. In addition, my wife warned me never to bring it up again so I really don't bring up politics at all.

But conservatives cannot help themselves. Every single time I am with a conservative for any length of time, they bring up politics. It usually takes only a few minutes and bingo, there goes an off color declaration about Obama or blacks or Mexicans or liberals or you name it, they are mad about it. So guess what came up during our 12 hours on the road this week? Politics. Here are some of the ideas shared with me while driving.

4. Fox News is the only fair news on TV, all the rest are in the tank for liberals.
5. CBS, NBC, ABC and CNN are constantly telling us that Obama is right on everything.
8. If the world collapses, he has enough weaponry to withstand an attack upon his property and will shoot anyone who crosses his property line.
9. Everything would be OK if only neighbors talked to each other again. He lives in a white suburb of Dallas.
10. He is not racist because he grew up in Southern Texas with a lot of Mexicans.
11. His grandmother was a gem, she told it like it is and said n_gger all the time.
19. We would not be safer if we had one billion guns on the street but 300 million is fine.

Nice story.

Spamature

President

And I bet he believes he arrived at his opinions on 2, 3, 10, 11, and 14 all independent of each other and they have nothing to do with 5, 15, 18 and 20 ?

D

Deleted member 21794

I'd bet money at least part of your story is hogwash. It was probably more like 12 minutes on the way to Wendy's and you made up 18 of 20 points.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
yes, those are some of the lies and conspiracies they believe.......because, as Trump pointed out, they're "poorly educated."

D

Deleted member 21794

Albuquerque to Ruidoso, 3 hours
Ruidoso to Gallup, 6 hours
Gallup to Albuquerque, 3 hours
Wow... I do give you credit for at least coming up with the second most boring drive in the United States to base your story on. That actually gives you some cred. ;)

Of course, #1 is the drive through west Texas.

Wow... I do give you credit for at least coming up with the second most boring drive in the United States to base your story on. That actually gives you some cred. ;)

Of course, #1 is the drive through west Texas.
Dude, I have driven all over Texas, spent more time in Lubbock than I care to admit. I sell networking equipment to rural telephone companies and utilities. I know every podunk town in the West. Doing a deal right now to replace the DSL network I sold to Mescalero Apache Resservation in 2003, going GPON. Another one for the Navojo from Gallup to Farmington...

Let me explain that this guy is my employee. I hired him. We have known each other for about 10 years. He knows I am a liberal yet he cannot help himself. He even told a joke right in front of me this week to a customer. The joke was this: I think my dog is a democrat. He expects me to feed him, pick up his poo poo, give him water and take care of him.

Now don't get me wrong, the guy is a good guy but would you say something like this in front of your boss and a customer when you know your boss is a Democrat? I swear, to be a conservative is to be a complete idiot.

Now I ask any of you conservatives. If the shoe was on the other foot, do you think a Christian conservative would turn the other cheek if I had told a joke disparaging my boss right in front of him?

Last edited:

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
Let me explain that this guy is my employee. I hired him. We have known each other for about 10 years. He knows I am a liberal yet he cannot help himself. He even told a joke right in front of me this week to a customer. The joke was this: I think my dog is a democrat. He expects me to feed him, pick up his poo poo, give him water and take care of him.

Now don't get me wrong, the guy is a good guy but would you say something like this in front of your boss and a customer when you know your boss is a Democrat? I swear, to be a conservative is to be a complete idiot.

Now I ask any of you conservatives. If the shoe was on the other foot, do you think a Christian conservative would turn the other cheek if I had told a joke disparaging my boss right in front of him?
Now don't get me wrong, the guy is a good guy but would you say something like this in front of your boss and a customer when you know your boss is a Democrat?

Only if my boss was a complete idiot. :)

Last edited:

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member

I'd turn the radio on the next time...or tell the guy to shut the Fvck up

Now don't get me wrong, the guy is a good guy but would you say something like this in front of your boss and a customer when you know your boss is a Democrat?

Only if my boss was a complete idiot. :)
Well, you have a point. One of the things that defines me is that I do forgive people for being stupid. It may be a fault but that is who I am. I am used to be around lesser beings.