• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I stand with Phil

Caroljo

Senator
You always seem to have left friends who suit your arguments,,,as I said any times before, I don't believe you for a second. If you said. Some of them watch it. But it is ".their favorite show."? Come on....
Don't believe me, I couldn't care less.

Renee

Governor
God knew all about it, that's why he said a man laying with another man is a sin. Don't fool yourself that He doesn't know what's going on! And stop quoting things from the OT. Others may still follow that (as Jews do), but I believe in Jesus Christ, and what HE directed us to do. And yes, I do sin, as everyone on earth does. We're human and we're not expected to be sinless, nobody is. I'm not perfect and I never will be, until i die. I don't expect God to pat me on the back and tell me I did a great job. But I do my best, that's all I can do.

Your first sentence could be looked at the same way you're looking at Phil's statement. I could say your bigoted toward fat bald men. But I don't believe you meant it that way. Just as Phil didn't mean it the way all the liberals are taking it.
I don't prejudge them,...they are just unattractive to me. We all discriminate..I don't eat food that is blue. I told my granddaughters to discriminate against men asking them to come in their cars. I would be like you if I cited the bible to justify behavior. Slavery and patriarchy is in the bible.....is that ok? Can I use that to bring slavery back? As a woman I can't read and follow a book written thousands of years by a bunch of guys. If you're not submissive you are a sinner......
Quotes from the New Testament about women

“But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of every woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God…. any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head …For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair …For a man ought not to cover his head; since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. (For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.)” 1 Corinthians 11:2-10

“Wives, be submissive to your husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands.” Ephesians 5:21-24

“…the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.” 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

“Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty.” 1 Timothy 2:11-15

“Wives, be subject to your husband, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord.” Colossians 3:18-22

“….and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be sensible, chaste, domestic, kind, and submissive to their husbands, that the word of God may not be discredited…. Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect…” Titus 2:4-9

“No one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are chaste…” Revelation 14:3-4

Barbella

Senator
I don't prejudge them,...they are just unattractive to me. We all discriminate..I don't eat food that is blue. I told my granddaughters to discriminate against men asking them to come in their cars. I would be like you if I cited the bible to justify behavior. Slavery and patriarchy is in the bible.....is that ok? Can I use that to bring slavery back? As a woman I can't read and follow a book written thousands of years by a bunch of guys. If you're not submissive you are a sinner......
Quotes from the New Testament about women

“But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of every woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God…. any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head …For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair …For a man ought not to cover his head; since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. (For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.)” 1 Corinthians 11:2-10

“Wives, be submissive to your husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands.” Ephesians 5:21-24

“…the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.” 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

“Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty.” 1 Timothy 2:11-15

“Wives, be subject to your husband, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord.” Colossians 3:18-22

“….and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be sensible, chaste, domestic, kind, and submissive to their husbands, that the word of God may not be discredited…. Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect…” Titus 2:4-9

“No one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are chaste…” Revelation 14:3-4
Personally, I don't know any CHRISTIANS who still abide and live by these archaic rules. Do you?

However, seems like ISLAMISTS still love them their submissive women....and yet, you seem to support THEM. Odd.

Caroljo

Senator
Personally, I don't know any CHRISTIANS who still abide and live by these archaic rules. Do you?

However, seems like ISLAMISTS still love them their submissive women....and yet, you seem to support THEM. Odd.
You made a good point. The Bible has never changed....and I always believed it was because of what God said in the Bible about not changing the words. I've thought about that alot recently, and seem to remember that it was a statement by God somewhere in Revelation.....He said something about not changing the words in this Prophesy, meaning that the words of Revelation should not change. But does that mean that other parts of the Bible shouldn't change also? I wish I had the time to take a course in these things and really learn the meaning of things written. Did that make sense?? Lol!

Barbella

Senator
So, Phil wasn't "pre-judging" anyone either, he just stated why it was unattractive to him. He never pointed his finger any anyone, or said he hated them....he stated his opinion.
Carol....years ago, I posted that I'm not attracted to dark skinned men. I got a SHITSTORM of abuse from certain liberals here.

See how that works, in THEIR world?

Jen

Senator
I hope they all quit A & E, they don't need them. Their show is popular enough that I would think most any other station would take them! Of course the libs here will call them (and us) bigots and haters. They don't believe in free speech.
Hateful libs here and other places have tried for years to shut down free speech. That is why they have such a nasty hatred for Fox News. The other networks have given up their free speech in order to suck up to our present government.

...this like most things pf, this will be transitory - here today, gone "tomorrow". In the big scale of things, he's no one of consequence and clearly not influencing social or political change...
I kind of think that this may be the straw that broke the camel's back, if only because Duck Dynasty is the most viewed program on cable; it's extremely popular. At least I hope so.

I am sick and tired of a small percentage of people, usually on the left, who want to stifle speech. And it usually comes from the left, who is against any speech that they don't agree with. After all, while the 1st Amendment involves government stifling speech, the purpose of it is to ENCOURAGE Speech, not stifle it.

If this Homosexual group that is so offended wanted to actually win hearts and minds, in stead of shutting down a well liked program, they would have contacted Phil, the Duck Commander, and asked for a sit down to talk about his statement and explain why it was hurtful.

That would have gone a lot further toward a solution toward their differences than starting a war about the whole damn thing. After all, Phil was asked a question and simply answered it. He didn't make the statement on the program but in a magazine interview for cripes sake.

But now half the damn country is P.O.'d at them for trying to shut the program down.

In the end A&E needs Dynasty more than Dynasty needs A&E.

Duck Dynasty is a big money maker for that station and A&E's loss will be someone else's gain.

LeilaniMP

Empress
I used to work with a bunch of gay guys who would discuss their "adventures" in detail. When any of us would say we really didn't want to hear it, we got called homophobes.

I couldn't care less what anyone does in their personal, private lives, but I do NOT want to hear about or see it.

Here ya go...a perfect example: