• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I think this is the first time a first lady ever disrespected an ally.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Who cares...given their record of abuses.

She should have worn a Gloria Steinem t-shirt and some flip flops....

Barbella

Senator
Yep, 100% guaranteed that if she'd worn this, they'd be calling her Jihad Mooch! ;-)

Nah... if she had worn THAT, I'd have asked who she borrowed it from.... I can't imagine that ugly thing came even out of HER closet...

I might be wrong but I am sure she was wearing a scarf when she arrived - so in Public.

''Starting in 1991, the U.S. military required its female personnel based in Saudi Arabia to wear black, head-to-foot abayas. (This makes Saudi Arabia the only country in the world where U.S. military personnel are expected to wear a religiously-mandated garment.) Further, the women had to ride in the back seat of vehicles and be accompanied by a man when off base.''

http://www.danielpipes.org/995/the-scandal-of-us-saudi-relations

Oh brother, screw the Royals. But hey, she got touched back. Maybe their not as arrogant as we perceive. ;-)

It has absolutely nothing to do with their personal feelings - protocol isn't personal.

And your reaction shows us, again, you don't care about anyone else ------------ or their culture or traditions - and yet you always want to be liked? An oddity -

Bo-4

Senator
It has absolutely nothing to do with their personal feelings - protocol isn't personal.

And your reaction shows us, again, you don't care about anyone else ------------ or their culture or traditions - and yet you always want to be liked? An oddity -
Nah, i don't care whether you like us or not. Politeness is one thing. One must always be polite. Customs are for those who practice them.

I wouldn't expect Netanyahu to come over here and sing Christmas carols.

fairsheet

Senator

We're Americans, not Brits OR Saudis. What ever (made up) offense went down done during TouchGate, is more fun than anything else. But, Mrs. Obama's supposed insult to all those fat old Saudi dudes, is a whole different matter. Screw the fat old farts and their feelings.What Mrs. Obama is doing here, is signaling to Saudi WOMEN that not everyone lets their leaders pick their wardrobe. More importantly even, Mrs. Obama is signaling that Saudi Arabia isn't the boss of her and her country.