• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If $15 minimum wage law succeeds make no mistake

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Thanks for the link. Saw it earlier,but it was a link to WaPo protected by a paywall and I ain't paying for that.
We don't have but ONE employee that is paid less than $15 an hour, he is paid $12 an hour, if he can learn what the other employees know, he will make same wages......google operating a combine during harvest...…..it's not a machine you just get into and drive...….

EatTheRich

President
if it passes and becomes law within a very few years the "progressives" will refer to the massive unemployment and increased suffering of those who chose poverty will be referred to as an un-intended consequence. That will be yet another lie, the democrats have a desire to drive as many as possible into poverty to that they can retain power. Economic slavery is the DNC model and if you support them you will get just that.
American capitalism must truly be in decline if it can no longer combine a $15 (in 2019 dollars ... less than the minimum wage when it was created) an hour minimum wage with employment.

EatTheRich

President
Truthfully, I don't go to McDonalds any more. As a substitute teacher, I've seen some real morons in the high schools. And those so stupid that they DROP OUT are now flipping burgers at Mickey D's.

Like I really want those idiots handling my food, huh?
My adult roommate has 3 bachelor’s degrees and he works at Taco Bell.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
American capitalism must truly be in decline if it can no longer combine a $15 (in 2019 dollars ... less than the minimum wage when it was created) an hour minimum wage with employment.
If book store must pay you $15@hour, you will be out of a job

EatTheRich

President
And that is another perfect example of how the poor actually chose to be poor. No one made them drop out of school, in fact it was made difficult but the chose to anyway. Now they want to raise a family on an entry level job SICK
For many it is the only job available. There is a McDonald’s that required a bachelor’s degree for applicants, which they can do because workers are competing for the few jobs available.

Over 70% of fast-food workers have a high school diploma and more than 30% have gone to college.
http://cepr.net/documents/publications/fast-food-workers-2013-08.pdf

EatTheRich

President
do you hear that giant sucking sound?

It's the sound of jobs disappearing down the drain if the minimum wage goes to $15.00 an hour, from the current $7.25.

Businesses will be forced to either raise prices, or fire employees. You all KNOW which one they will choose.
Sounds like we need an economy planned by organized labor so we can pay the public enough to live on and put everyone to work supplying the needs of the working class.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
My adult roommate has 3 bachelor’s degrees and he works at Taco Bell.
and owes how much to taxpayers for the 3____________you just proved BD's useless...…..should have got a Trade degree...….oh I know, he'd have got his hands dirty :)

"adult roommate"...……...sounds so Epstein

EatTheRich

President
and owes how much to taxpayers for the 3____________you just proved BD's useless...…..should have got a Trade degree...….oh I know, he'd have got his hands dirty :)

"adult roommate"...……...sounds so Epstein
Culinary arts is a trade (in fact he is employed at it). Woodworking is a trade. Hell, psychology is a trade even though you probably don’t think so.

No, Epstein preferred children.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Culinary arts is a trade (in fact he is employed at it). Woodworking is a trade. Hell, psychology is a trade even though you probably don’t think so.

No, Epstein preferred children.
At Taco Bell.......LMFAO...……….

reason10

Governor
Actually, President Trump DID raise the minimum wage. He did it with tax cuts, deregulation and good old fashioned CAPITALISM.
And this raise of the minimum wage hasn't cost any jobs. It has CREATED more jobs than any other president in history.

reason10

Governor
Sounds like we need an economy planned by organized labor so we can pay the public enough to live on and put everyone to work supplying the needs of the working class.
Trump already did that. His policies created higher paying jobs. Congress didn't have to do anything.

EatTheRich

President
Actually, President Trump DID raise the minimum wage. He did it with tax cuts, deregulation and good old fashioned CAPITALISM.
And this raise of the minimum wage hasn't cost any jobs. It has CREATED more jobs than any other president in history.
So no one is being paid the statutory minimum wage?

EatTheRich

President
This is a hell of a time for liberals to have so many illegal aliens in the country, all willing to work cheap. No way does labor have any muscle to flex any more.
Which is why the ruling class loves the immigration restrictions that make immigrants “illegal” and “willing to work cheap” and why an amnesty would turn more of them from victims into allies.

Fins

Fray Terror
I think it should be raised, but $15/hour is pretty unrealistic.
It needs to be adjusted regularly. But it also needs to be understood that the large majority of minimum wage jobs are employing new workers and students. Not people trying to keep up a family.