• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If $15 minimum wage law succeeds make no mistake

Fins

Fray Terror
He didn’t pay for tuition since he had a full-ride merit scholarship. How do you know he could have gotten that job without a degree? How do you know his problem is motivation and not opportunity?
You just proved the problem with liberals. Just because he didn’t write a check doesn’t mean that it was free. Someone had to pay for his education.

I know because plenty of high school kids get Taco Bell jobs. And because he is working Taco Bell proves he’s not motivated.

EatTheRich

President
You just proved the problem with liberals. Just because he didn’t write a check doesn’t mean that it was free. Someone had to pay for his education.

I know because plenty of high school kids get Taco Bell jobs. And because he is working Taco Bell proves he’s not motivated.
And plenty of high school kids apply for those jobs and don’t get them. And plenty of motivated people can find no employment at all. Which is why a fast food place can announce less than a dozen job openings and have adults from 16 to 95 lined up around the block to apply.

And plenty of high school kids apply for those jobs and don’t get them. And plenty of motivated people can find no employment at all. Which is why a fast food place can announce less than a dozen job openings and have adults from 16 to 95 lined up around the block to apply.
Has he considered moving away from rural montana?

redtide

Mayor
You are delusional if you think you can raise a family on $15/hr.
True, but one is even more delusional if one choses to raise a family on a salary from an entry level job. Why should the rest of US be punished for the bad life choices of those who chose to be poor?

EatTheRich

President
True, but one is even more delusional if one choses to raise a family on a salary from an entry level job. Why should the rest of US be punished for the bad life choices of those who chose to be poor?
No one chooses to be poor. The causes of poverty are more systemic than individual, which is why the rate of poverty depends more than anything else on the political and socioeconomic environment.

Fins

Fray Terror
Yeah, he probably needs to move to the city to get a better-paying job. But that means taking on debt and grippingly with higher housing costs.
Hold up, so you live in podunk middle of nowhere and your complaint is that there are no high paying jobs for a college degree. LMAO

You just proved how lazy you and your roommate are. People used to understand they had to do the work on their end to get a job. Sometimes this required moving to where the jobs are.

Unbelievable...

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Again, he is working in a field he got a degree in. That degree helped him get his fast food job and edge out someone else who didn’t have one.

Due to the “random walk” nature of capitalist economics, not even a Ph.D. can know what fields will have job openings in 20 years. The fact is that very few fields are hiring, ALL have more qualified applicants than they have jobs to fill.
A degree to work for Taco Bell...……………….LMAO didn't you post he has 3 BD's...……..12 years of school for a fast food job!

You think hospitals or NASA will not have jobs in 20 years for Ph.D's? (I must warn my daughter) What I've read, employers can't find qualified employees.

https://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/48838/68-of-employers-cant-find-qualified-workers

Trucking industry damn sure can't find drivers, Millennials can't look up from their phones long enough to drive.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
"95" you may some libs with that BS

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yeah, he probably needs to move to the city to get a better-paying job. But that means taking on debt and grippingly with higher housing costs.
That's called LIFE...………..you posted you live in shabby apartments and evidently it's all you & he wants!

Do like OCF, live with your parents:)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No one chooses to be poor. The causes of poverty are more systemic than individual, which is why the rate of poverty depends more than anything else on the political and socioeconomic environment.
You prove the opposite in your post #64, ya'll Choose to stay poor in rural Montana rather than move to higher paying jobs in the city.

Fins

Fray Terror
A degree to work for Taco Bell...……………….LMAO didn't you post he has 3 BD's...……..12 years of school for a fast food job!

You think hospitals or NASA will not have jobs in 20 years for Ph.D's? (I must warn my daughter) What I've read, employers can't find qualified employees.

https://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/48838/68-of-employers-cant-find-qualified-workers

Trucking industry damn sure can't find drivers, Millennials can't look up from their phones long enough to drive.
What are his degrees in? Feminist interpretive dance?

EatTheRich

President

I think hospitals and NASA are already shedding staff and paying their most educated workers less. If employers can’t find qualified workers, we certainly shouldn’t require people to go into crippling debt to get qualifying educations.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I think hospitals and NASA are already shedding staff and paying their most educated workers less. If employers can’t find qualified workers, we certainly shouldn’t require people to go into crippling debt to get qualifying educations.
Oh yeah, doctors not needed

Trade schools are Cheap...…….but...….Millennials would get their hands dirty...…….so that's out...…….now they want their education for FREE as offered by progressives while eating tide pods and not sure which restroom to use...….America is headed for HELL