• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If Donald groped me years ago, and I was still "in agony" about it, I'd sue his ass off.

Barbella

Senator
Why isn't one of his accusers doing that?

For Hillary Clinton, I don't see redemption. She is a corrupt political operative of the worst kind. But for Donald Trump, I may be seeing a way back. And his wife Melania is a big reason why.

Alex Wong | Getty Images
Melania Trump, the wife of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, delivers a speech on the first day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio.
Melania Trump gave some remarkable cable interviews this week, and she has me looking at the awful last two weeks in a somewhat different light.

Melania told CNN that her husband's words on the audio tape were not acceptable. In even stronger language she told Fox News that her husband's remarks were "offensive to me and they were inappropriate. And he apologized to me. And I accept his apology. And we are moving on."

I've only met Melania once, a few months ago at a funeral. For some reason she recognized me. She came up, shook my hand, and if I recall correctly, thanked me for supporting her husband's tax-cutting economic plan.

And then she turned her head and in a strong voice said to Donald, who was a few bodies away, "Look who's here. Say hello."

I was surprised and impressed at her political skills. She also had a certain strength and toughness that reminded me she's a successful businesswoman.

So when she told cable reporters that she accepted her husband's apology, I think she meant it.

We really hadn't heard from Melania since these semi-scandals hit. She never showed up at that typical news conference, wife dutifully staring up at that guilty-as-sin politician, playing the fawning bride beside the man who proceeds to lie through his teeth to the media.

And when she repeated, "This is not the man that I know," it reminded me that it's not the man I know. In meetings in his office or on his plane, he was always a serious, accessible, engaged, businessman-turned-politician, wading through important policy issues as he learned his craft.

True enough, Donald Trump has said some indefensible things this campaign. Many of us who have supported him have said so, and we will criticize him again if it comes to that.

But then again, how is it that all these women spontaneously come out of the woodwork with unverified stories about Trump? Again, I like how Melania handled it.

Under pressure, with great civility, instead of viciously attacking these women, as Hillary once did to her husband's accusers, Melania simply said, "All the allegations should be handled in a court of law."

She correctly makes one think this phalanx of accusations is planned and organized. If not, why hasn't one accuser filed charges?

And Melania wasn't done. She had one more thing to say, some advice for her husband: Get back to the issues.

Indeed, Donald Trump, if he is to regain his chance, must pivot back to economic growth, jobs, wages, Obamacare repeal, border security, and destroying ISIS. Women, by the way, are just as worried about these issues as men.

It is doubtful that all this will be put to rest at Wednesday's debate. But Trump has one last opportunity to apologize to the nation just as he apologized to Melania. And then he can tell us how his plan to get America right again is far better than Hillary's.

I want to thank Melania for starting me on the path of restored confidence in Donald Trump.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/18/kudlow-melania-trumps-making-me-take-a-second-look-at-donald.html

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

For Hillary Clinton, I don't see redemption. She is a corrupt political operative of the worst kind. But for Donald Trump, I may be seeing a way back. And his wife Melania is a big reason why.

Alex Wong | Getty Images
Melania Trump, the wife of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, delivers a speech on the first day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio.
Melania Trump gave some remarkable cable interviews this week, and she has me looking at the awful last two weeks in a somewhat different light.

Melania told CNN that her husband's words on the audio tape were not acceptable. In even stronger language she told Fox News that her husband's remarks were "offensive to me and they were inappropriate. And he apologized to me. And I accept his apology. And we are moving on."

I've only met Melania once, a few months ago at a funeral. For some reason she recognized me. She came up, shook my hand, and if I recall correctly, thanked me for supporting her husband's tax-cutting economic plan.

And then she turned her head and in a strong voice said to Donald, who was a few bodies away, "Look who's here. Say hello."

I was surprised and impressed at her political skills. She also had a certain strength and toughness that reminded me she's a successful businesswoman.

So when she told cable reporters that she accepted her husband's apology, I think she meant it.

We really hadn't heard from Melania since these semi-scandals hit. She never showed up at that typical news conference, wife dutifully staring up at that guilty-as-sin politician, playing the fawning bride beside the man who proceeds to lie through his teeth to the media.

And when she repeated, "This is not the man that I know," it reminded me that it's not the man I know. In meetings in his office or on his plane, he was always a serious, accessible, engaged, businessman-turned-politician, wading through important policy issues as he learned his craft.

True enough, Donald Trump has said some indefensible things this campaign. Many of us who have supported him have said so, and we will criticize him again if it comes to that.

But then again, how is it that all these women spontaneously come out of the woodwork with unverified stories about Trump? Again, I like how Melania handled it.

Under pressure, with great civility, instead of viciously attacking these women, as Hillary once did to her husband's accusers, Melania simply said, "All the allegations should be handled in a court of law."

She correctly makes one think this phalanx of accusations is planned and organized. If not, why hasn't one accuser filed charges?

And Melania wasn't done. She had one more thing to say, some advice for her husband: Get back to the issues.

Indeed, Donald Trump, if he is to regain his chance, must pivot back to economic growth, jobs, wages, Obamacare repeal, border security, and destroying ISIS. Women, by the way, are just as worried about these issues as men.

It is doubtful that all this will be put to rest at Wednesday's debate. But Trump has one last opportunity to apologize to the nation just as he apologized to Melania. And then he can tell us how his plan to get America right again is far better than Hillary's.

I want to thank Melania for starting me on the path of restored confidence in Donald Trump.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/18/kudlow-melania-trumps-making-me-take-a-second-look-at-donald.html
Weird...in the 3rd debate...

Donald Trump: I didn't apologise to my wife when I was accused of sexual assault

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegations-did-not-apologise-melania-a7370766.html

D

Deleted member 21794

Weird...in the 3rd debate...

Donald Trump: I didn't apologise to my wife when I was accused of sexual assault

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegations-did-not-apologise-melania-a7370766.html
From your link:

"Donald Trump responded to the stories of nine women accusing him of sexual assault at the third and final debate on Wednesday night and admitted that he never apologized to his wife for the scandal."

The original tape and the accusations that followed it are two different things. Clearly Melania says the apology was for the words from 2005. Your attempt to twist it into the accusations, at least some of which have been proven bogus, is laughable.

But I get it- you just HAVE to whine about something.

D

Deleted member 21794

justoffal

Senator

Alex Wong | Getty Images

'
That's the first thing I said when I heard about it....if any of it was true these women should be wealthy right now...but I see that most of them if not all of them have nothing except perhaps a clandestine paycheck from the DNC.'

JO

Barbella

Senator
"..because I did nothing wrong"...

Odd that he erroneously justified his misstatement...don't you think?
Not nearly as odd as many other misstatements by politicians I can think of... some even resulting in people's deaths...

Barbella

Senator
'
That's the first thing I said when I heard about it....if any of it was true these women should be wealthy right now...but I see that most of them if not all of them have nothing except perhaps a clandestine paycheck from the DNC.'

JO
Yep. Bought and paid for by the DNC.

D

Deleted member 21794

"..because I did nothing wrong"...

Odd that he erroneously justified his misstatement...don't you think?
No, what's odd is that you're both confused and being dishonest. Never mind, there's nothing odd at all about it.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Not nearly as odd as many other misstatements by politicians I can think of... some even resulting in people's deaths...
Misstatements resulted in people's deaths? Sure, OK...like...I don't believe in nation building...and mission accomplished.

I dunno...I think it's very odd to have one party in a marriage say one thing...then be contradicted, pointedly and in public, with justification of that "misstatement" by the other. You obviously disagree...but my question is...is it because I wrote the post...or is it because you really don't find such bizarre contradictions odd?

D

Deleted member 21794

'

JO
BINGO! Dude known for deep pockets gropes someone and they shut up about it until it can help a Democrat get elected?

Like Dave Chappelle says... Nigga please!

Alex Wong | Getty Images

There are two reasons they have not come forward. The first is that twenty years ago the police would have done nothing about their complants. That is a fact.
Secondly and even more important if he had done this to you I would hope you are wealthy then, because before it would come to court he would be suing your ass off. And most of these are he said she said, hard to prove. This is especailly true when Trump would also sue anyone who was dumb enough to come out as a witness. He has used his ability to sue as a way to keep from paying his bills to those who did work for him and he refused to pay them letting them know that it would cost them more to sue him than they would ever get back from the court. Trump is already threatening to sue to keep others that might come forward about his assaults. He apparently has lawyers on his payroll that he uses for suing people. I find it interesting that you would side with a man who said what he did and has so many women coming out of the woodwork saying basically he did the same thing to all of them. I guess it is true, GOPers and Cons stick together no matter what they have done.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

Alex Wong | Getty Images

When he sues them in the first 100 days,they can file a counterclaim.

D

Deleted member 21794

There are two reasons they have not come forward. The first is that twenty years ago the police would have done nothing about their complants. That is a fact.
Secondly and even more important if he had done this to you I would hope you are wealthy then, because before it would come to court he would be suing your ass off. And most of these are he said she said, hard to prove. This is especailly true when Trump would also sue anyone who was dumb enough to come out as a witness. He has used his ability to sue as a way to keep from paying his bills to those who did work for him and he refused to pay them letting them know that it would cost them more to sue him than they would ever get back from the court. Trump is already threatening to sue to keep others that might come forward about his assaults. He apparently has lawyers on his payroll that he uses for suing people. I find it interesting that you would side with a man who said what he did and has so many women coming out of the woodwork saying basically he did the same thing to all of them. I guess it is true, GOPers and Cons stick together no matter what they have done.
As usual, you're full of crap. The first thing you should do is change your Depends. It is common knowledge there are plenty of Gloria Allred types who love to go after men with deep pockets. What, you think a serious claim won't be taken on contingency by a good attorney?

Spamature

President

Alex Wong | Getty Images

Really ? You'd go bankrupt trying to sue a self proclaimed billionaire ? What would you tell your kid while living in a van down by the river as legal proceedings drain you of every cent you had.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Really ? You'd go bankrupt trying to sue a self proclaimed billionaire ? What would you tell your kid while living in a van down by the river as legal proceedings drain you of every cent you had.
If they sued him today for his assaults, they would face statute of limitations issues. Even if they sued him in the past, they would have a hard time proving the allegations, and Trump's army of lawyers would have trashed the shit out of them. People like Trump know that, so they do whatever they wish.

Spamature

President
If they sued him today for his assaults, they would face statute of limitations issues. Even if they sued him in the past, they would have a hard time proving the allegations, and Trump's army of lawyers would have trashed the shit out of them. People like Trump know that, so they do whatever they wish.
Getting groped by Trump, then being dragged through the press, then facing the prospects of future retaliation from Trump in some other area of your life or career.

Jen

Senator

Alex Wong | Getty Images

Actually I would have sued his ass off right after he did it...........not wait 10 - 20 years to even bring it up.