1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

"If I were in charge...they would know that waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.

Discussion in 'Latest Political News and Current Events' started by NinaS, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Caroljo

Caroljo Senator

That made absolutely no sense.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gigi

gigi Mayor

OH, I bet it's not easy!! You have a very selfless love though. I think a lot of mothers would sooner see their kids settle and abandon a passion that's dangerous, just because we couldn't bear to see them in danger.
    We give them roots and wings and then spend the rest of our lives praying, I guess! Praying and worrying.
    I'm so grateful that my boys don't have a bend toward military service. But equally grateful for your boy, too, because without people like him and moms like you, we're doomed. I know that sounds so terrible but I'm just being honest. I don't have the guts to do what you and his wife do.
    Send me his first name please. I will keep him in my prayers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zam-Zam

Zam-Zam Governor

If you were kept in a cell overnight, and the next day your captures gave you a choice, waterboarding or death, I'm fairly certain that you and most others wouldn't choose death. That doesn't mean being waterboarded is fun (it isn't), it means being killed, for most of us, would be worse.

So we're left with condemning one, but condoning the one which is worse. We accept the worse one.

That should give any intelligent rational person at least a moment of pause. A reactionary, of course, will have no difficulty in rationalizing that one instantly.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JuliefromOhio

JuliefromOhio Senator Supporting Member

you are making light of torture, fool, and writing as if you approved of torture......which is against our laws and international law.

5. JuliefromOhio

you support torture. that's sick and ignorant of you......not to mention un-American.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko President

Made a lot of sense.

What would YOU say if some "lib'rul atheist" had compared waterboarding....to BAPTISM?

• Like Like x 1
  7. JuliefromOhio

no intelligent, rational person supports torture. it's against our laws and international law.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko President

You wouldn't like it...Cap stands up for freedom.

You'd side with Hydra.

9. Caroljo

Caroljo Senator

Wow...it doesn't sound terrible at all, I completely understand! But we've always encouraged our kids to do whatever their passion was, just sucks that this is his! Lol! I learned my lesson not telling him how I feel all the time tho. When he was deployed to Iraq the last time, he was at a post that was out in the desert, nothing around them....and complained about being "bored". I once said "boring is good"....he got upset with me :(. He wasn't there to be bored! I knew all the time he was gone this time he was ALWAYS in danger. I prayed all the time......
    THEN...he comes home and bought a Harley. WTH!!! He knows how I feel about motorcycles! But, because I learned my lesson with him, I "acted" happy for him that he was able to get it. :) ANYTHING that puts your child in danger is hard. But he's an adult, he makes good choices, and I trust that he'll be safe. I've said his name here before so it really doesn't matter.....his name is Chris. And I appreciate your prayers for him!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Caroljo

Caroljo Senator

I approve of water boarding. I don't make light of it....but I know it can save lives. You would rather see people die rather than make a terrorist "uncomfortable" for a while. Laws can be changed, and this one should be.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Caroljo

Caroljo Senator

Whoever Hydra is......remember Gordon, it's ONLY a movie, it's not real.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zam-Zam

Zam-Zam Governor

You're dodging.

It's probably your best move.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Caroljo

Caroljo Senator

That's your opinion....and I couldn't care less what you think.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Caroljo

Caroljo Senator

It's not even close to the same....so I would say they were pretty stupid.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dawg

Dawg President Supporting Member

how many times are you going to type "our laws and international law"..........you really think those laws concern our enemy......and you call other posters fools..........86 the ignorance.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dawg

Gooks life is a movie and nothing of reality...........family keeps him hidden in a back office for his safety.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dawg

easy fix to jules whine.......we just kill all the terrorist on sight...........take no prisoners.

• Like Like x 1
  18. marvin martian

marvin martian Senator

Says the idiot who just posted a Palin video. Are you saying you didn't listen to it, or that you're a "con" now? I'll take either answer, as both prove you're a moron...

• Like Like x 2
  19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko President

No, it's a mind-set.....yours. Use fear and hatred to get people do evil things to "defend themselves against The Others". Quite useful in Central Europe in the 1930s.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko President

No....I don't need torture to protect me from crazies.

Just good IT guys and a wicked sense of humor. :)