• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If Trump were innocent....

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Again, yes they are crimes.

Abuse of power or abuse of authority, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct", is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties. Malfeasance in office is often grounds for a for cause removal of an elected official by statute or recall election.

Contempt of Congress or obstruction of Congress is the act of obstructing the work of the United States Congress or one of its committees. Historically, the bribery of a U.S. Senator or U.S. Representative was considered contempt of Congress. In modern times, contempt of Congress has generally applied to the refusal to comply with a subpoena issued by a Congressional committee or subcommittee—usually seeking to compel either testimony or the production of requested documents.[1

In fact Trump even committed a separate crime by violating the Impoundment and Control Act WHILE he was committing the crime of abusing the power of his office; showing that his abuse was COMPLETELY illegal.

It's like as if Clinton had sexually assaulted Lewinsky, and then on top of that, proceeded to commit perjury in testifying about the incident.

Yup. No Crimes. First time a president was impeached committing no criminal acts. That's fact.

Clinton committed perjury That is a crime.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
LOL! From your post:

Abuse of power or abuse of authority, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct", is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity...

You obviously don't know what "commission of an UNLAWFUL act" means (hint: it means performing an illegal act - or, as it it is better known, a CRIME."

Apparently you also have no clue what "separation of powers" or "co-equal branches of government" mean as well.

As for violating an obscure appropriations act, a) I'm not sure that's even Constitutional (an "abuse" of congressional "power") and b) every President does it:

https://bongino.com/flashback-seven-times-the-gao-said-the-obama-administration-broke-federal-law/
The law was passed because Nixon held up appropriations...in essence creating his own line item veto.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The law was passed because Nixon held up appropriations...in essence creating his own line item veto.
Which anyone who, like you, claims to be a fiscal conservative, thinks is a great idea (unless, I guess, Trump does it). Once again, you expose your exceptional hypocrisy on the matter of fiscal rectitude...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
1. The Russians were investigated.
2. Who benefitted from the Russian hacks? Are you really trying to say there was no reason to investigate the Trump campaign?
Not in "crossfire hurricane" they weren't. As far as I can tell, the only "real" "investigation" of the Russian hackers was not done by the US authorities at all, but rather the DNC IT firm run by a Soros buddy. Why would they have any reason to produce "findings" that didn't further the DNC narrative that the "Russians" were helping Trump?

And I'm not the only one saying it, the AG has said so as well (and he knows way more about it than you and I).