• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If Trump were innocent....

Spamature

President
He’s guilty of what?

You guys all seem to forget the fact that a prosecution is supposed to have a charge someone did something wrong and then has the onus of proving it. That doesn’t exist here.

Just acquiring paperwork and close confidantes and their testimony won’t prove things that aren’t alleged and that didn’t happen.
This should. be a tough one to intelligent discerning minds that remotely understand politics and our system of justice
Have you convinced yourself that he was not impeached for specific acts wrong doing ?

Dino

Russian Asset
Have you convinced yourself that he was not impeached for specific acts wrong doing ?
He was impeached by a cowardly, ignorant, spiteful, and desperate group of House members who know of no other way to defeat Trump.
They ignored precedent, the Constitution, and common sense to try to gain an advantage, a pure political calculation.
Presidents do lots of things right and quite a few things wrong, but I've never seen anything like the daily fusillade the Democrats launch at this president. It's embarrassing.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

That explains it all.
Top 10 "If Trump were is guilty" list:

10. You get him Russian collusion.

09. You could tell the truth about the Steele Dossier.

08. Pelosi would not say that Trump needed to [prove his innocence.

07. Pelosi would have completed the impeachment and make it real after the vote.

06. You wouldn't be 0 for 52 reasons for Trump impeachments.

05. You would have a case that would stand up in a court.

04. Your key witness would be about Russian collusion.

03. Your key witness would not have heard a phone call in another room.

02. You would not have started the impeachment process before Trump was elected.

01. You would not have to make up new charges every week and would not wait until just before an election before you did anything because you can't win.

Spamature

President
Our system does not require that we "prove our innocence." The prosecutors must prove guilt, which they obviously haven't done in this case. The idea that you people have turned 200 years of jurisprudence on its head in an effort to "get" Trump tells us all we need to know about your motives here.
You do understand there hasn't been a trial on his guilt or innocence, right ?

Also I don't know where in the normal judicial system the defendant gets to bar witnesses from testifying, do you ?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
You do understand there hasn't been a trial on his guilt or innocence, right ?

Also I don't know where in the normal judicial system the defendant gets to bar witnesses from testifying, do you ?
You do understand you need evidence and proof, right? And that you have none!

Spamature

President
We are still waiting for Pelosi to file...Until then no impeachment...Just a vote.
Fine by me. I think she should hold on to them like Mitch did with the SCOTUS seat. Then deliver them right after he loses the election. So the old Dem minority and newly freed gop slaves in the senate can vote to convict him and toss his ass out before the inauguration of the new Dem POTUS.

Spamature

President
He was impeached by a cowardly, ignorant, spiteful, and desperate group of House members who know of no other way to defeat Trump.
They ignored precedent, the Constitution, and common sense to try to gain an advantage, a pure political calculation.
Presidents do lots of things right and quite a few things wrong, but I've never seen anything like the daily fusillade the Democrats launch at this president. It's embarrassing.
Your name calling Dems doesn't make him any less guilty. It only goes to show you think he is and you are directing your frustration outward.

Why shouldn't he demand that his own people testify ?

Dino

Russian Asset
Your name calling Dems doesn't make him any less guilty. It only goes to show you think he is and you are directing your frustration outward.

Why shouldn't he demand that his own people testify ?
I need to start over again??
Guilty of what?
The Democrats are accusing him of things he did not do and they had other actions to take rather than impeach if there were questions of executive privilege.

He doesn't need demand anyone to testify. The president has certain rights and powers.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
I need to start over again??
Guilty of what?
The Democrats are accusing him of things he did not do and they had other actions to take rather than impeach if there were questions of executive privilege.

He doesn't need demand anyone to testify. The president has certain rights and powers.
They answered you and you ignored it. Why?