• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

IF (yes "if") the President is re-elected, how soon after November 6th will the Right

GordonGecko

President
start talking "impeachment"?

A. <24 hours

B. <48 hours

C. < a week

D. < a month

E. six months or less

F. a year or less

G. two years or less (anything more than that is just plain silly to even ask. :) )

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
GG,

Who do you mean by "the Right"? Do you mean the world of dittoheads/the right-wing blogosphere or do you mean Congressional Republicans?

Personally, I don't think that Congressional Republicans will go there even if they maintained control of the House. Even if they did maintain control of the House, I think that they would not pursue that route because they would need 67 votes to convict in the Senate and I think that the Senate Republicans would not want to be forced into a trial that it is pretty clear that they would not win.

A. <24 hours

B. <48 hours

C. < a week

D. < a month

E. six months or less

F. a year or less

G. two years or less (anything more than that is just plain silly to even ask. :) )

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Who cares?

If (BIG IF) he is re-elected....he'll be a lame duck form the get-go with a hostile Congress.

So it really won't matter.

Cicero

Mayor
Yep. Currently the GOP is projected to rather handily win control of both houses and that means that Mr. Hope can spend all his time looking for spare Change under the sofa cushions.

degsme

Council Member

A. <24 hours

B. <48 hours

C. < a week

D. < a month

E. six months or less

F. a year or less

TALKING??? they are already doing it now.

But actually trying to do something about it? They won't. Because they know they can't win in the Senate.

GordonGecko

President
GG,

Who do you mean by "the Right"? Do you mean the world of dittoheads/the right-wing blogosphere or do you mean Congressional Republicans?

Personally, I don't think that Congressional Republicans will go there even if they maintained control of the House. Even if they did maintain control of the House, I think that they would not pursue that route because they would need 67 votes to convict in the Senate and I think that the Senate Republicans would not want to be forced into a trial that it is pretty clear that they would not win.
They can always find ONE nutter....Joe Wilson or some guy from a Red-Red-Red district in Texas or Mississippi.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I don't think so either; but we could win 60 seats and if that happens then, if Obama does manage to steal the election, he will essentially start a lame-duck presidency on inauguration day.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
I wouldn't count on it. The Cook Political Report (which is pretty conservative in my opinion). There are currently 21 Democratic seats and 2 "independents" (Lieberman and Sanders) who caucus with Democrats and 10 Republican Seats. Democrats are "favored" in 15 races (all Democratic seats). Republicans are "favored" in 9 races (8 Republican seats and Ben Nelson's seat in Nebraska). 9 races are listed as toss ups (7 Democratic seats and 2 Republican seats - in Massachusetts and Nevada). Lets give 5 toss ups to the Rs and 4 toss ups to the Ds. That would be a net gain of 4 seats for the Rs which would give the Rs nominal control of the Senate with 51 seats. That is a far cry from 60. Even if the Rs won all the toss-ups, they would not get to 60.

http://cookpolitical.com/senate

I don't think so either; but we could win 60 seats and if that happens then, if Obama does manage to steal the election, he will essentially start a lame-duck presidency on inauguration day.