• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If you're staying home aka sheltering in place what are you doing?

Besides keeping PJ running and pestering each other?

I have a number of hobbies and what I've been doing is tieing and selling saltwater fishing flies, also a bit of gunsmithing and some silversmithing/lapidary stuff.
I've cleaned the guns 3 times over. Set the fogger on stun and clean shaved so the full face mask works. Laid the trip wires. Salted the beef. laid out the tourniquets. Adjusted the body armor. Loaded 7 more rough and tumble mags for a reconnoiter sortie.

You know the regular stuff you do for Christmas. ha ha

Oh, and fluffed up the Poison Ivy patch out back in case anybody tries to scout me out the night before. Suckers better not walk up scratchin' and itchin'. ;0)

voyager

4Q2247365
We like being home even when there is no quarantine so we do our every day things... there is always something to do. The only difference is that my step daughter now picks up our groceries.
It's a tough life.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

I have a number of hobbies and what I've been doing is tieing and selling saltwater fishing flies, also a bit of gunsmithing and some silversmithing/lapidary stuff.
I am working from home these days...wife decided to gut a bathroom, paint and replace fixtures, vanity, toilet...etc...

Oh yeah, I had a heart attack. That kept me busy for a few days.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Up at 6am this morning. Bought donuts and made bacon for the household for breakfast. After that,I made a grocery store run for my 75 year old mother-in-law who has respiratory issues. Just finished more yardwork. Right now, I'm staying out of my spouse's way. She's reorganizing the kitchen cabinets and I'm hungry.

Up at 6am this morning. Bought donuts and made bacon for the household for breakfast. After that,I made a grocery store run for my 75 year old mother-in-law who has respiratory issues. Just finished more yardwork. Right now, I'm staying out of my spouse's way. She's reorganizing the kitchen cabinets and I'm hungry.
To lower your risk profile you should make the donuts next time. :0)

Eat stuff that if it isn't made by you is made by machine or that no human hands touch after being cooked. Stay safe BD.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Son of a bitch.

We think this shit doesn't bother us but it does. Take it easy Middler. Drink some tonic water if you went to the hospital for that. :0)
Turns out I was on meds for gout. Those meds contributed to the heart attack. Ain't that always the case? The commercials for medication always have that long list of bad shit that could happen...well, damn. Turns out the medication did warn that it could be a problem with people who had a cholesterol problem or high blood pressure....

Shoulda read the fine print. Hurt like hell. Thank God for 911 and fast first responders!

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I'm out with the dog, guess she's mad at me again.

Turns out I was on meds for gout. Those meds contributed to the heart attack. Ain't that always the case? The commercials for medication always have that long list of bad shit that could happen...well, damn. Turns out the medication did warn that it could be a problem with people who had a cholesterol problem or high blood pressure....

Shoulda read the fine print. Hurt like hell. Thank God for 911 and fast first responders!
That fine print will kill ya. :0)

Well, in a lock down like this the timing couldn't be more perfect to let the boy take care of the restaurant and you take very good care of yourself to clear up that gout.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I work from home, so other than non essential stores being closed here in PA, not much has changed. Well, grocery shopping can be a little hit or miss at the moment, but that is slowly sorting itself out.

reason10

Governor

I have a mile long jogging route that goes over a massive and gorgeous harbor. Other than that, I keep in touch with the school boards of two counties for when the subs have to get back to work in mid-April.

Also, catching up on some novels I've wanted to read but didn't have time, what with working two jobs for so long.

Oh, and I try not to watch ANY televised news, not even Fox. They are all wrangling for ratings and there are better sources of entertainment. I get pretty much all the news I need from the Fox website.

Coming here is a habit I'm trying to wean down from, probably because of the insidious and despicable element that makes up a minority but a loud minority of thought here.