• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

If you're staying home aka sheltering in place what are you doing?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
North Sider, eh...I went to Holy Trinity in McKeesport down the Monongahela. My greatest childhood memory was the 1960 Buc’s beating the Yankees in game 7 at Forbes Field. I still love the Pirates, Pitt (where my dad studied engineering before he joined the US Army Air Corps in ‘42) and of course the mighty Steelers. My grandfather told me that if I ever walked into a restaurant and they didn’t have Heinz Ketchup, to turn around and walk out. I come from a long line of Irish Pittsburghers....
My dad grew up on the North Side - near Ascention Parish church on Charles Street. So I'm sort of a North Sider myself.

Yes, we're lucky to have had the Steelers as our football team, well, at least until lately now that NE regularly takes them to school. I graduated from Pitt, back when Marino and Dorsett were playing. That was fun.

Jack4freedom

Governor
My dad grew up on the North Side - near Ascention Parish church on Charles Street. So I'm sort of a North Sider myself.

Yes, we're lucky to have had the Steelers as our football team, well, at least until lately now that NE regularly takes them to school. I graduated from Pitt, back when Marino and Dorsett were playing. That was fun.
Didn‘t Dorsett graduate 10 years before Marino? Too bad the Steelers didn’t draft Danny when they had the chance. We’d have at least 3-4 more Super Bowl wins.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I took a break from all this this afternoon and watched the movie Gettysburg online with about a dozen other folks in a chatroom. Hadn't watched it in years.

TBLee

Governor
My two weeks of quarantine is up, so I am back to helping with the care of my mother in law. My hubby is still working full time at the plant, so pretty much back to our normal routine. Of course, avoiding going out, other than for groceries and work.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I took a break from all this this afternoon and watched the movie Gettysburg online with about a dozen other folks in a chatroom. Hadn't watched it in years.
Do 'Glory' next. A soldier form the 54th is buried in a small cemetery about 4 miles from me here in PA.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You have a 13 acre lake ? That is a big azz private lake - bass/ bluegill, catfish/ crappie?
Built mid 1950's never caught catfish, get those in river on property many 40lb'ers
big enough to pull kids on floats with 18' center console boat

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Get well soon!
I'm good. Spending too much time at a desk looking at computer screens. I used to run 10k races every weekend. Half marathons every quarter. Broke my foot and after four months on crutches I just got lazy...

Thanks to some amazingly fast EMTs I was on the operating table in about 30 minutes. Got a stint and now I'm on a much better diet and starting to work out more...

Tell ya what...it wasn't subtle. There was no mystery as to what was going on.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The Harris County,Texas shelter-in-place order was extended to April 30th. Some schools have extended their closings into May. When this is over,a lot of folks aren’t gonna have jobs or businesses to go back to. One of my businesses is exempt and we're still doing some business and have been since the shelter-in-place went into effect last Wednesday. We have some cash reserves and still have income coming in. Can't say what the books will look like on May 1st though.

EatTheRich

President
I'm good. Spending too much time at a desk looking at computer screens. I used to run 10k races every weekend. Half marathons every quarter. Broke my foot and after four months on crutches I just got lazy...

Thanks to some amazingly fast EMTs I was on the operating table in about 30 minutes. Got a stint and now I'm on a much better diet and starting to work out more...

Tell ya what...it wasn't subtle. There was no mystery as to what was going on.
I believe you but I also have never had one ... and have had acid reflux and panic attacks and angina all with chest pain bad enough I was worried it might be a heart attack.

Went to the clinic today for cellulitis. Was surprised to see so many people out and about despite shelter in place orders, both on the streets and on the bike trail. Was sunny and warm when I left home, then turned cold with a hard wind blowing ice pellets in my face for the bike ride back. Not so many people out then.