• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I'm going to see the

Have fun!!!

My favorite...
:) His home crowd? We will - It is at the new Olympic arena and we all have to sit down! <gasp> in the past we all just crowded in and push to the front or not ---- but as my sis said 'shhhh but I am rather glad, this time, that we can sit down' lol we are all growing old -

Last time I saw the Stones was at Twickenham, a Rugby ground in the suburbs and the sound was so low - I swore I would never go there again but -----

First time I saw them was here with my little daughter - just after Brian Jones's death.

Wooooo wooooo

How does he do it? I'm still in agony, creaking and groaning two days later - from just dancing, mainly in my chair ----

I thought this was the best set - this time -

Play list

Street Fighting Man
It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I Like It)
Tumbling Dice
Paint It Back
Ride ‘Em On Down (Jimmy Reed cover)
Under My Thumb
Fool To Cry
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Honky Tonk Women
Before They Make Me Run
Slipping Away
Sympathy For The Devil
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

encore

Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

Lol - When they used to play at the old Wembley Stadium we all paid the same price for a ticket ( but for a few boxes) and just stayed on the pitch ( football pitch) and pushed and wiggled to the the front - so tight to each other that no one could fall down even when the crowd swayed in waves --- now it costs £400 to be at the front ------- not the same but he is 74 and his oldest fans --- well :) My sister wants to go again tomorrow - at least she did this morning.

I stayed at hers Tuesday - the baby, our baby, whose mother is sister's daughter, came a visiting in the afternoon - we sang to him 'honky tonk' and such like and we got out the bongos and other such noisy things - he sat in the middle of us with maracas, with bongo to the side --- played for ages - at one he is not a bad rock 'n roller. Sweet.

Yep. He can still move pretty good.
Yes :) He has slowed down but he can certainly still move and his voice hasn't gone either - Two hours of it! 17 rock'n roll songs, one after the other 19 with Keith's ( when everyone runs to the bar)- we were dancing and ouch but he is doing it again tomorrow! - The audiences have changed though. We can stand, no rules agin 'cos it is West Ham's ( The Hammers) foot ball stadium and you can't tell football fans to sit down BUT my daughter stood up to dance - two rows down and was 'asked' to sit down by some poe faced person 'because I can't see' and as she looked up, I did too, the whole terraces was full of poe faces - She and her friend went off to find a better dancing place --- came back for the encore - and by then 'fu'ck the poe faced' - everyone was up on their feet. I can't imagine being asked/told to sit down in the old days - can you? Crazy shit when the old are wilder than the youth - well not all of them - but 'you know what I mean'?

Way Cool!
I saw them in Boulder Colorado in the late 70's, they were great.
Yeh, they reach back a long way - My sister saw them in the early 1960s - she was just a kid but her friend's father worked for them, the Stones, so he got them in. I dunno how many Stones concerts I've been to -- many many going back to the late '60s - we were remembering some, the other day, some wild things went on then ------------ My daughter's friend remembered one Stones she came to with us - Wembley, which was hell to get out of and then to get a tube on a packed station -- so we went in the opposite direction and ended up in some high-class hotel, she thought it was the Hilton --- anyway I was behind the bar pulling pints and pouring drinks 'cos there was no staff. It turned out that the top floors were on fire and there were all these people standing outside in their slippers and pyjamas --- the staff kept telling us to get out fire fire - I think we just kept partying --- funny stories.

When sis was invited by a friend who had a stretch Limo, champas and all, to take them - friend was downing large glasses of white wine like it was going out of fashion, in the bar before the concert, and got ill as the Stones came on - we all said 'leave her' ( the medics had her) but sis went after her to the Red Cross tent and missed the whole thing ---- we were so close that time she could have touched her Mike ---- That friend has never been forgiven by us - though sis still talks to her and she doesn't know that she is not forgiven ;)

Oh God yes I arrived in Eng for one Stones having had to wait at Brussels for six hours due to delays - was drunk anyway 'cos I'd had and had to leave a good champagne client to catch the plane ---- I had bought half the caviar in the airport and more than a crate of champagne whilst waiting - bottles of perfume and Heaven knows what else - in London coke flowed like water in the '80s so armed with £50 notes and the rest that was, all in all, a good Rolling Stones concert - lol.

Last edited: