• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I’m Not Mad. That’s Just My RBF.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
This is a funny read and video... imo :D especially nowadays... re famous pols and famous celebs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/02/fashion/im-not-mad-thats-just-my-resting-b-face.html?_r=1
The Pseudo Scourge of 'Resting Bitch Face'
From ‘Resting BItch Face’ to presidential politics, women’s mugs are in sharp focus.

“Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.― Coco Chanel

I have the scourge. They call it “Resting Bitch Face,” but it’s better known by its initials, RBF. As if I don’t have enough to worry about, suddenly I have to be anxious about what my face is doing when I am not thinking about what my face is doing.
An Internet meme derived from a mock Public Service Announcement called “Bitchy Resting Face” and subject of a recent New York Times article, RBF is variably defined as the relaxed, default expression on the face of an affected individual that conveys a look of bitchiness or anger, often the person is considered judgemental and mean. The Times story, written by Jessica Bennett, describes the moment she joined the ranks of women who suffer from the dreadful scourge when she saw herself in a frozen screen shot from a short television appearance.
http://www.alternet.org/gender/pseudo-scourge-resting-bitch-face

Caroljo

Senator
That's hilarious! I have to show this to my daughter....she comments on how she knows she has this at times! LMAO!!!

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
That's hilarious! I have to show this to my daughter....she comments on how she knows she has this at times! LMAO!!!
I agree, CJ. It cracked me up too! I hope your daughter has a good laugh from the read and the video. :)

Caroljo

Senator
I agree, CJ. It cracked me up too! I hope your daughter has a good laugh from the read and the video. :)
Ya...she got it from her dad! Lol! But really, most of the time she's a sweet heart....but she has her times :).

Jen

Senator
Hmmmm............ I have seen people with that. If I have a BF it's on purpose..... I rarely have it.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Hmmmm............ I have seen people with that. If I have a BF it's on purpose..... I rarely have it.
I think all of us have seen that RBF on someone and at some point it has been on our own faces as well.
Back in the day, RBF was probably better described as 'if looks could kill' or maybe this one, 'they look like they're mad at the world'.:(:D