• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Immigration: have you ever thought about the actual cost?

Tameamea

Council Member
We talk a lot about the immigration, how much of our tax money is spent on dealing with the process, and so on. But have you ever thought about the actual scope of the problem?
Just think about it. Since the Deferred Action of Childhood Arrivals came into effect in 2012, 52 000 children have crossed the border within this program. It means their arrival was documented. But does anyone know how many kids just sneaked in?
Still, we are a rich country; we can afford to spend $6.3 trillion to legalize one generation of immigrants. Our budget is capable of providing them with health care and social insurance. It is definitely necessary to provide them with education - $12300 a year for each kid. We have enough resources to finance more fire-fighter brigades, ambulances, police departments and so on (the services that you need to widen if the population grows). But that all is just money – renewable resource.
How about other sides of the mass immigration from Central America? Many of these kids are gang members, so they would contribute to the drug traffic growth, and not because they are so bad, but because they need to earn money and that is something they know.
Then, how about a health check for the kids? Who does it? How thoroughly? The kids are often sick with different types of flu, they have hepatitis and tuberculosis. Are we ready to deal with the diseases at this scale?
Then, they soon will grow up, and grow up fast. Are they going to integrate with the American culture? Are they eager to learn English, to study and become active citizens? I don’t know. But what I know for sure, in the Catholic culture of Latin America the kids and the family are worshiped a lot, so very soon the immigrant would just simply multiply. While WASP Americans wait to start a family until their 30s, perform abortions, and so on.
I guess this all creates a certain picture: this immigration flood might cost us the future.