• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Indiana has all day Kindergarden

mlandis95

Council Member
Took them long enough to start all day kindergarden. They should've started this a long time ago. They are saying that since they are putting children in head start early then they should be able to start kindergarden all day.

Ray

Council Member
Are they first state to do all day then? I don't know what we do here, and I thought all states were just half day? I think kids can take a full day at that age.

Dave

Council Member
We are so far behind in our education system this is one of many changes that is needed. I think schools in some states go through most of the summer even now. I do think kids need breaks, but the 3 months in the summer is probably too long at once. Maybe like 3 weeks at a time a few times a year.

mrallin

Council Member
I know I had the option for full or half day kindergarden. I think it would be better to go year round with 3-4 long breaks, maybe close to a month long each. We're not all farmers anymore.

barerockohbama

Council Member
I know I had the option for full or half day kindergarden. I think it would be better to go year round with 3-4 long breaks, maybe close to a month long each. We're not all farmers anymore.
School's should be year round for sure. It makes it hard as a parent to pay for daycare the entire summer.

Bruce

Council Member
Just babysitters for the 2 member family workers. More time for the parents to work and keep up with the Taxes, inflation and corporation enslavement. Helps them buy the suvs and BMW's to wear out going to work and back. Fast track the kid's so they'll become corporate drones. 60 Hours a week for both parent's and thay still have to shop at Goodwill or Walmart. Reduce the amount of time with the kid and hold the teachers responsible for parenting. Folks wonder why their kids are crazy or have meltdowns. This is Corporate heaven! The kids need a wide window of timeoff to coincide with a parents work schedule so that they can R+R for a few weeks togather. Corporate drones cannot just say I'm going on vacation as time off has to be coordinated. Good parenting and education nourishing begins with the parents. Summer time is time for the kid to have real freedoms to learn and enjoy the things they love to do.

S

squareshot

Hi All: And all the more reason to have good strong unions, so people can put their kids in a safe , secure environment.

Norkalein

Council Member
Just babysitters for the 2 member family workers. More time for the parents to work and keep up with the Taxes, inflation and corporation enslavement. Helps them buy the suvs and BMW's to wear out going to work and back. Fast track the kid's so they'll become corporate drones. 60 Hours a week for both parent's and thay still have to shop at Goodwill or Walmart. Reduce the amount of time with the kid and hold the teachers responsible for parenting. Folks wonder why their kids are crazy or have meltdowns. This is Corporate heaven! The kids need a wide window of timeoff to coincide with a parents work schedule so that they can R+R for a few weeks togather. Corporate drones cannot just say I'm going on vacation as time off has to be coordinated. Good parenting and education nourishing begins with the parents. Summer time is time for the kid to have real freedoms to learn and enjoy the things they love to do.
As long as kids turn off the television and computer ... go outside ... it's a fabulous time to learn about life ... things that can't be taught in school. Kids need time to dream, be creative, entertain themselves, discover who they are and what they want to be.

Are they first state to do all day then? I don't know what we do here, and I thought all states were just half day? I think kids can take a full day at that age.
Are you kidding me - 8 hours of nap time, story time, play time???

That's got to be brutal!