• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Inmate Impregnates Four Prison Guards...

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Totally disgusting story.. IMO...
More on the story below..
BALTIMORE (WJZ)— A major gang bust is made inside Baltimore City’s jail system.

It was a brazen scheme to smuggle drugs and cell phones into Baltimore jails. More than two dozen people face federal charges, including corrections officers, some of whom got pregnant by the same inmate.

Rochelle Ritchie has more on the case involving the notorious Black Guerilla Family gang.

It’s a jailhouse soap opera involving drugs, sex and money between corrections officers and inmates. The operation was brought down by tapped cell phones.

Twenty-five people now face federal charges after being part of one of the largest gang-operated criminal enterprises seen at the Baltimore City Detention Center.

“These 25 defendants participated in running the activities of the Black Guerilla Family from behind bars in Baltimore City,” said Rod Rosenstein, U.S. Attorney.

Thirteen female corrections officers, seven inmates and five alleged co-conspirators are charged with racketeering, money laundering and possession with the intent to distribute. Officials say all 13 have been suspended without pay and the department is moving to fire them.
The affidavit says the corrections officers helped members of the notorious Black Guerilla Family gang smuggle cell phones, marijuana, prescription pills and cigarettes into the jail to sell to other inmates and make thousands of dollars.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/04/23/25-correctional-officers-inmates-indicted-for-gang-activity-in-baltimore-jails/

freyasman

Senator
Truth is stranger than fiction. Tavon must be a real charmer...

Four female prison guards in Baltimore fell pregnant to the same inmate, according to authorities who have busted a major smuggling gang inside the jail system.

Two of the women tattooed the inmate's name on their bodies and he showered three of them with expensive gifts including cars and jewelry.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57581237/four-female-prison-guards-impregnated-by-same-inmate/
I've known several corrections officers, (I currently work with 1 former CO), and just about all of them were the kind of folks that were going to end up in a jail one way or the other....

fairsheet

Senator
It's a pretty tough job, for a relatively low rate of pay. We should probably be just a little suspicious of people who're willing to take those jobs in the first place.

freyasman

Senator
It's a pretty tough job, for a relatively low rate of pay. We should probably be just a little suspicious of people who're willing to take those jobs in the first place.
Now, one of my favorite authors on "use of force"scenarios and the "real-world" violent encounters is a guy named Rory Miller who was a corrections officer for a long time. He's very good at explaining complex ideas in layman's terms. http://www.amazon.com/Rory-Miller/e/B002M54CNW

fairsheet

Senator
Maybe we should think of this a tad differently. There are a whole lotta countries around the world that don't even pay their prison guards. In fact in some of 'em, wannabe guards have to bribe someone to get the job in the first place. The idea is that they can make their nut through extortion and schemes such as this one.

freyasman

Senator
Maybe we should think of this a tad differently. There are a whole lotta countries around the world that don't even pay their prison guards. In fact in some of 'em, wannabe guards have to bribe someone to get the job in the first place. The idea is that they can make their nut through extortion and schemes such as this one.
My understanding is that the pay in many prisons is actually quite good, as are the benefits, and I've had a couple people suggest I look into it as an option after I retire, but the thought of actually getting up every morning and voluntarily going to prison just doesn't make any sense to me. I have absolutely no desire to be around a bunch of damaged, maladjusted, violent [Unwelcome language removed] all day; I got enough of that in the Army...

fairsheet

Senator
"Good pay", is relative. I doubt that your average prison guard earns as much as your average UPS driver. But, let's say they earn the same. What would YOU rather do, be a prison guard or drive for UPS? I know which one I'D choose (think brown). So from my perspective, the person who would choose the prison guard position over the UPS position, is shall we say....."different" from me.

In my earlier years, I earned a BA in Criminal Justice. Alas....due to a few encounters with the law at a young age, it was unlikely that any self-respecting police department would had me. But...as to a prison guard job?...I could've had one for the taking. That should say something about these positions.

freyasman

Senator
"Good pay", is relative. I doubt that your average prison guard earns as much as your average UPS driver. But, let's say they earn the same. What would YOU rather do, be a prison guard or drive for UPS? I know which one I'D choose (think brown). So from my perspective, the person who would choose the prison guard position over the UPS position, is shall we say....."different" from me.

In my earlier years, I earned a BA in Criminal Justice. Alas....due to a few encounters with the law at a young age, it was unlikely that any self-respecting police department would had me. But...as to a prison guard job?...I could've had one for the taking. That should say something about these positions.
I re-connected with a lot of my family that I hadn't seen in years, (decades, actually) at my Grandfather's funeral a couple months ago, and one of my cousins is working for a SD in Iowa in the jail there. I said, "Oh, you're a cagekicker..."and his sister, wife, and just about everyone else in earshot cracked up laughing. I guess he has a new nickname now. :)