• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Insanely Great

mark14

Council Member
Mark, you have little class for the way you post the outright garbage under your name. Very sad, you and CB are two of the meanest people I have ever met on one of these boards, outside of a few skinheads.
Pretty harsh because I believe along with 99% of the people in America, conservative and liberal, that it should be illegal to "abort" a 39 week healthy "fetus" and some drug laws are requires and dare to call out someone who spouts such nonsense and won't admit that is what it is or else just a big joke. I know you have a good heart but you have really let yourself become blinded through not stopping to think about what is being discussed and advocated here. I think that is what happens with someone like Gabriel who is of course very bright but seems to be mostly about piling up the posts. I'll accept it as a blind spot if these are things you truly believe but such opinions from the left or wherever you think crazy talk like that comes from but it makes it just about impossible to engage in serious discussion about these issues. "They" want no abortions. "We" want abortion whenever you want. "They" want draconian drug laws. "We" want no drug laws. There are enough of "them". We don't need unthinking posters or truly extremist posters advocating the opposite. And I think you should be smarter than to get sucked in to such nonsense too.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Oh for the love of GOD.

What is wrong with you people?

I never said that we don't need job training, nor tax or educational policy.

What I did was point out the core, central issue that the people TheBell is talking about must correct FIRST.

I never alluded that the poor are scumbags. Nor did I suggest that Gingrich or Joe Walsh were paragons of virtue.

Again, what I said was...in plain English...was that the prevalence of ne'er do well 'fathers' and an overabundance of single mothers is the crux of the issues that the lower classes face.

Why is everyone so keen on picking a fight today?

mark14

Council Member
Well thanks for engaging in some real discussion then. So we do need job training, tax and educational policy. As to the "prevalence of ne'er do well 'fathers' and an overabundance of single mothers" what solution have you besides job training, tax and educational policy, family planning and maybe trying to lower the incarceration rate or should we sterilize the "ne'er do well 'fathers'" and tell the "overabundance of single mothers" to marry up?

mark14

Council Member
Thanks for the supportive comment. Some people have been so mean to me lately.

They'll hurt you, and desert you, they'll take your soul if you let them, so don't you let them! lol

Days

Commentator
maybe the corporate structure needs to retain pay limits in relationship to the average pay of the workforce. I don't see anybody working on that to make it law.

Days

Commentator
well, I disagree, and not because I want to pick a fight, but because I am poor, and my son, an almost all-A student, is headed for high school next year and he wants to shoot for a career in engineering, and he needs college to make that dream come true. He has his hopes set on government grants and scholarships to make it happen. I find myself needing to balance out that hope against reality... government grants and scholarships have become rare birds and going into debt for a job that might never materialize in this generation's economy... is a bad bet. His older brother did it in marketing at a Big Ten University and so far has done well in sales, but he's watching his prospects dry up also, even though he is management level knocking on six figures (there is 17 years between them, the older brother is 31 years old) ... but his college loans are paid off, and he kept them low to begin with, so he did good... but everything has gotten far tougher since he pulled it off... and there are lots of quality engineers looking for jobs these days.

rising tide lifts all boats, even single mothers. But low tides kick everyone in the teeth, even great kids with a ton of enthusiasm and gifted IQs.

Your social points are all in good order, but the economic side to the story is applying itself even where the kids are walking the line.

gabriel

Governor
the "people" to whom you refer are not going to correct their situation no matter how much blaming and hand wringing you do. you have a theory (that many disagree with) with no solution other than these poor scum better pull up their socks or else.