• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Intel experts worry Trump will go rogue

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
This should have all of us worried. It speaks plainly why Trump is viewed as a threat to our security. The entire read is a must, especially for skeptics.

Community’s findings on Russian election interference has raised fears among experts that Trump will bypass intel analysts and demand that his personal team conduct its own analyses of raw data.
Tossing aside career analysts can create false conclusions, critics warn — like the George W. Bush administration’s incorrect assessment that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (WMDs).

“The risk is that you request raw data to support a conclusion and you avoid seeing anything that contradicts it,” Rep. Adam SchiffAdam SchiffIntel experts worry Trump will go rogueDeclassified report: Putin ordered election interference to help TrumpCan an authoritarian state be tolerant?MORE (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told The Hill. “We can already see we have a president-elect who has difficulty with facts that are at odds with the narrative that he wants to tell or diminish his achievements.”

Presidents receive so-called “raw intelligence” all the time — recordings, satellite images and other data that hasn’t been evaluated and contextualized by career analysts. But there is also plenty of precedent for a president who wants to cherry-pick information to advance his own policies.

Onlookers doubt that the firebrand president-elect is likely to sift through data himself, but they are worried he will send a team of loyalists to go through the information and brief him themselves.
In a Trump White House, that could be anyone from retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, Trump’s pick for national security advisor, to Steve Bannon, the incoming White House chief strategist.
The problem with sending political appointees in to do the job of career analysts, intelligence experts say, is that they won’t know what information is significant and what should be discarded.
“Bannon is certainly the kind of person who would want to do that but that would be a disaster,” said Mieke Eoyang, a former House Intelligence Committee staffer who is now vice president of Third Way’s national security program.
“He has no idea how to weight the credibility of sources or understand them in the context of what’s likely or not likely in a geopolitical sense,” she said. “He would just be grasping at straws.”
Critics also see Flynn as a dangerous conduit. The former Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) head has famously pushed conspiracy theories on Twitter, and was known at the agency for making dubious assertions with little basis in documented fact.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/313123-intel-experts-worry-trump-will-go-rogue

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
This should have all of us worried. It speaks plainly why Trump is viewed as a threat to our security. The entire read is a must, especially for skeptics.

Community’s findings on Russian election interference has raised fears among experts that Trump will bypass intel analysts and demand that his personal team conduct its own analyses of raw data.
Tossing aside career analysts can create false conclusions, critics warn — like the George W. Bush administration’s incorrect assessment that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (WMDs).

“The risk is that you request raw data to support a conclusion and you avoid seeing anything that contradicts it,” Rep. Adam SchiffAdam SchiffIntel experts worry Trump will go rogueDeclassified report: Putin ordered election interference to help TrumpCan an authoritarian state be tolerant?MORE (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told The Hill. “We can already see we have a president-elect who has difficulty with facts that are at odds with the narrative that he wants to tell or diminish his achievements.”

Presidents receive so-called “raw intelligence” all the time — recordings, satellite images and other data that hasn’t been evaluated and contextualized by career analysts. But there is also plenty of precedent for a president who wants to cherry-pick information to advance his own policies.

Onlookers doubt that the firebrand president-elect is likely to sift through data himself, but they are worried he will send a team of loyalists to go through the information and brief him themselves.
In a Trump White House, that could be anyone from retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, Trump’s pick for national security advisor, to Steve Bannon, the incoming White House chief strategist.
The problem with sending political appointees in to do the job of career analysts, intelligence experts say, is that they won’t know what information is significant and what should be discarded.
“Bannon is certainly the kind of person who would want to do that but that would be a disaster,” said Mieke Eoyang, a former House Intelligence Committee staffer who is now vice president of Third Way’s national security program.
“He has no idea how to weight the credibility of sources or understand them in the context of what’s likely or not likely in a geopolitical sense,” she said. “He would just be grasping at straws.”
Critics also see Flynn as a dangerous conduit. The former Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) head has famously pushed conspiracy theories on Twitter, and was known at the agency for making dubious assertions with little basis in documented fact.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/313123-intel-experts-worry-trump-will-go-rogue
We heard for weeks that Trump doesn't receive briefings, now he is "going rogue".

:)

He is a crazy and unpredictable person but thats what the country elected and now has to live with. Unbelievable that we don't have better candidates.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
We heard for weeks that Trump doesn't receive briefings, now he is "going rogue".

:)

He is a crazy and unpredictable person but thats what the country elected and now has to live with. Unbelievable that we don't have better candidates.
Trump is totally unpredictable -- it's been plain as day since he stepped into the spotlight as a presidential candidate. His base ignored it -- Trump excited his base with his grandiose style and conman salesmanship.
Trump going rogue is being viewed as a possibility based on his own comments and actions. The thought of it is downright scary.

He is used to being his own man -- this won't likely change, after he becomes president, imo

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Trump is totally unpredictable -- it's been plain as day since he stepped into the spotlight as a presidential candidate. His base ignored it -- Trump excited his base with his grandiose style and conman salesmanship.
Trump going rogue is being viewed as a possibility based on his own comments and actions. The thought of it is downright scary.

He is used to being his own man -- this won't likely change, after he becomes president, imo
Lets be honest he got the nomination because there were too many candidates. He was losing ground at the end when there were only 3 candidates but had already had such a lead that it couldn't be overcome. If all of the primary votes were voted on the last day with 3 candidates he probably loses. The process is old and should be changed.

Likewise Bernie probably wins with the momentum he had if all primary votes were on one day at the end but the DNC was caught rigging the system, a system which didn't get the strongest candidate in either party.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Lets be honest he got the nomination because there were too many candidates. He was losing ground at the end when there were only 3 candidates but had already had such a lead that it couldn't be overcome. If all of the primary votes were voted on the last day with 3 candidates he probably loses. The process is old and should be changed.

Likewise Bernie probably wins with the momentum he had if all primary votes were on one day at the end but the DNC was caught rigging the system, a system which didn't get the strongest candidate in either party.
The pendulum has swung -- Trump will be our new president whether we like it or not.
Speculating on his unexpected win is something we do -- to try to come to terms with it.
I don't think Trump will serve out his term. imo He will step down before then.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
The pendulum has swung -- Trump will be our new president whether we like it or not.
Speculating on his unexpected win is something we do -- to try to come to terms with it.
I don't think Trump will serve out his term. imo He will step down before then.
Before the inauguration I will post a "go on the record" about Trump and let everyone chime in on things like this so we can look back and see who is right and who is wrong.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Before the inauguration I will post a "go on the record" about Trump and let everyone chime in on things like this so we can look back and see who is right and who is wrong.
That is a good idea, it should be interesting and fun. Thanks, SW. :)

Jen

Senator

Trump went rogue from the get go.
That's why he was elected.

Jen

Senator
So you like the idea, Trump heeds his own counsel primarily -- disregarding those with expertise in their fields.
So far I support everything he is doing.
If he does something dumb like saying "I don't have enough information to make judgment but the police acted stupidly." I will call him on it. I have no problems with calling Trump out when he screws up. But I'm not going to call him out ahead of time and I am not going to call him out for the made-up stories about him on MSM.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
So far I support everything he is doing.
If he does something dumb like saying "I don't have enough information to make judgment but the police acted stupidly." I will call him on it. I have no problems with calling Trump out when he screws up. But I'm not going to call him out ahead of time and I am not going to call him out for the made-up stories about him on MSM.
His reluctance to admit mistakes is something I have seldom seen from Trump.
The topic here is re: Trump veering away from the wisdom/info of the intel agencies while he uses his own guys' assessments ( including his own) to make decisions on security issues.

Jen

Senator
His reluctance to admit mistakes is something I have seldom seen from Trump.
The topic here is re: Trump veering away from the wisdom/info of the intel agencies while he uses his own guys' assessments ( including his own) to make decisions on security issues.
Obama has never admitted a mistake to this day.
Neither has Bush.
Neither did Bubba Clinton.
I think to be President you have to be a person who has enough ego not to admit mistakes. Don't know if that's bad or good. It is what it is.

Trump knows his own guys. As he gets to know the intel people he will trust them. Trump isn't president yet. Give him a shot of doing it right.I think it's silly to speculate at this point.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Trump isn't president yet. Give him a shot of doing it right.I think it's silly to speculate at this point.
I know that's true, since we can only have one president at time.
Until he actually is, maybe he should try keeping his mouth shut.
What we are judging him by is what we have seen and heard, coming directly from him via his tweets and the news media.

Jen

Senator
I know that's true, since we can only have one president at time.
Until he actually is, maybe he should try keeping his mouth shut.
What we are judging him by is what we have seen and heard, coming directly from him via his tweets and the news media.
Why should he keep his mouth shut?

Obama has already said he's not going to keep his mouth shut when Trump becomes President...............are you going to say the same thing to him when he is no longer our president?
No. I didn't think so.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Why should he keep his mouth shut?

Obama has already said he's not going to keep his mouth shut when Trump becomes President...............are you going to say the same thing to him when he is no longer our president?
No. I didn't think so.
Not a very good comparison, imo. sorry.

15740991_1370958966330487_2869918392909772548_n.jpg

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
No. I didn't think so
President Obama won't be making policy when he leaves office. His experience gives him an advantage to speak/comment on national events.
As of yet Trump has never been president, he will soon be in charge, capable of making policies, until then -- he should not interfere with WH admin. policies.

So you like the idea, Trump heeds his own counsel primarily -- disregarding those with expertise in their fields.
An Expert Is a Liar for Hire

Experts are narrow-minded slavish conformists. Their lack of any ability or desire to think for themselves leads us into continual disasters. But Americans have been brainwashed into thinking that the most talented get ahead rather than bootlicking brownnoses. With this strapped-in mindset, failures are not held accountable because it is assumed that if even those who rose to the top can't get the job done, no one could. This also applies to the grinding oncology graduates and their failure to cure cancer. In Terminal America, it applies everywhere.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
An Expert Is a Liar for Hire

Experts are narrow-minded slavish conformists. Their lack of any ability or desire to think for themselves leads us into continual disasters. But Americans have been brainwashed into thinking that the most talented get ahead rather than bootlicking brownnoses. With this strapped-in mindset, failures are not held accountable because it is assumed that if even those who rose to the top can't get the job done, no one could. This also applies to the grinding oncology graduates and their failure to cure cancer. In Terminal America, it applies everywhere.
Well, presidents are to be held accountable -- part of the job description is to make sure the laws/constitution are followed.

Oath of office for President of United States
Before he enter on the execution of his office, he shall take the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.".