• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Interesting...came across this today....

LeilaniMP

Empress
Antidepressants Among the Most Dangerous Drugs Available http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/01/07/antidepressants-trigger-violent-behavior.aspx?e_cid=20120107_DNL_art_3

Holy Guacamole! From Depressed to Homicidal: The "Miracles" of Modern Pharmacy
Forensic psychiatrist Dr. Yolande Lucire and pharmacogeneticist Christopher Crotty found a significant association between genetics, metabolism of psychiatric drugs, and severe "homicidal akathisia." Akathisia is a medical term describing a condition of motor restlessness, marked by anxiety, agitation, jitteriness, or the sensation of "jumping out of one's skin" and the inability to sit quietly or sleep. Akathisia is a common side effect of neuroleptic drugs. Chronic sleeplessness itself can lead to a long list of physical and emotional symptoms.

It has long been known that many antidepressants cause akathisia, especially SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors), a category that includes Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, and other commonly prescribed antidepressants.

Some researchers and physicians believe that akathisia is the chief symptom that triggers impulsive violence in certain individuals who take antidepressant drugs.This is thought to be an extreme form of akathisia. Homicidal impulses and murderous behavior due to akathisia is now being called "homicidal akathisia."

Scary stuff. Wonder if it's true? Hopefully not, since there is apparently a huge sector of the world's population on some kind of anti-depressant, or another.

Question: Are pharmaceuticals really needed, or just a band-aid, leaving the real issues/problems only smoothed over for the time being, but still simmering under the surface?
:noidea:

LeilaniMP

Empress
Me too!

Heck, the way I look at it...not every day is going to be sunshine and flowers.

If there is a problem, you have to work through it...not just a temporary fix,or the issues will still be there, albeit simmering just under the surface, ready to flare up again and again.

I understand that some people have chemical imbalances or whatever, and need something to even that out. But, I have noticed that doctors are far too willing to just toss meds at a person instead of finding out what the root cause of their problems really is.

What's really scary is when people take meds and drink. YIKES! :scared: OMG!

Wow. Scary stuff. I avoid taking happy pills.

Friday13

Governor
If there is a problem, you have to work through it...not just a temporary fix,or the issues will still be there, albeit simmering just under the surface, ready to flare up again and again.

I understand that some people have chemical imbalances or whatever, and need something to even that out. But, I have noticed that doctors are far too willing to just toss meds at a person instead of finding out what the root cause of their problems really is.
Agree. This is like everything else nowadays...looking for instant gratification...treating the symptoms instead of the disease...both in medicine and politics.

BRU

Mayor
Personally I have always felt that these drugs are over prescribed. People get a little stress in their lives and they run to their doctors to get a "pill" I have never, nor will I ever take this crap, for several reasons many listed in your article, but they destroy your body. Now don't get me wrong, I believe there are people that really need them, but I would wager 50% of the population on these drugs DONT need them but instead need to learn new skills on how to deal with stress. Personally I feel exercise is the best remedy. When I'm feeling stressed or anxious I take a run with the dog. I feel like a new person by the time I get home. I swear by it!

BRU

Mayor
I would also avoid the drug you have in your hand. That drug has done as much harm as pills.

A glass of Champaign on New Years ? Oh the horror!
[video=youtube;MF88IYF2MHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF88IYF2MHY&feature=related[/video]