• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Interesting times in Africa

And I think Africa is probably the most resource rich continent on the planet, but it's been a shit-show for centuries..... I don't have any other explanation for why, do you?
Culture. There are bad cultures and there are far better cultures. What you see is increasing worth in cultures as time passes and the best cultural results (which anybody can adopt) are classical liberal Western, Judeo-Christian, Greco-Roman values.

freyasman

Senator
Culture. There are bad cultures and there are far better cultures. What you see is increasing worth in cultures as time passes and the best cultural results (which anybody can adopt) are classical liberal Western, Judeo-Christian, Greco-Roman values.
Doesn't seem like they're in a big hurry to adopt a more successful model.

Doesn't seem like they're in a big hurry to adopt a more successful model.
It's a matter of information transmission. I don't think white colonists were particularly successful at that and the whites might not have even been interested let alone aware of ramifications.

@freyasman

I'll tell you why IQ is bullshit.

I was looking over an IQ test and in that test was a question that having knowledge of binary math concepts would have facilitated solving that problem in a very casual manner allowing you to go onto the next.

I thought about it and realized that I had been exposed to binary math twice before I left high school (and probably twice in middle school and certainly once). Then I'm compared against someone tested who never had that experience (others in my school or bush people) and I'm told I have a higher IQ. Nonsense. Drop me in the outback of Australia for a walkabout and then tell me I have a higher IQ. I'm more likely to expire or at the very least have a severe case of heat stroke.

Last edited:

freyasman

Senator
@freyasman

I'll tell you why IQ is bullshit.

I was looking over an IQ test and in that test was a question that having knowledge of binary math concepts would have facilitated solving that problem in a very casual manner allowing you to go onto the next.

I thought about it and realized that I had been exposed to binary math twice before I left high school (and probably twice in middle school and certainly once). Then I'm compared against someone tested who never had that experience (others in my school or bush people) and I'm told I have a higher IQ. Nonsense. Drop me in the outback of Australia for a walkabout and then tell me I have a higher IQ. I'm more likely to expire or at the very least have a severe case of heat stroke.
Okay
Still, have you ever seen a functional country come out of that place?

top 10 predictions about what comes next in Zimbabwe:

10 - Mugabe "has a stroke", but dies before he can be taken to a competent hospital in some other country.

9 - Zimbabwe becomes the 11th nation reporting an epidemic of "black plague"

8 - charity concert held in Europe to benefit starving Zimbabwe'ans

7 - Zika virus epidemic

6 - ISIS declares Zimbabwe the center of its new Caliphate

5 - Ebola epidemic

4 - "conflict zinc"

3 - malaria epidemic

2 - Zimbabwe army announces plan to restore their economy through "bitcoin mining"

1 - The Zambezi river flows red with blood; plague of flies, plague of frogs . . .

D

Deleted member 21794

I think that IQ placing blacks in the idiot or imbecile category is absurdist racist crap. :0)
He was specifying natives of a certain region, not a skin color. I know you understand the difference.

D

Deleted member 21794

10 - Mugabe "has a stroke", but dies before he can be taken to a competent hospital in some other country.

7 - Zika virus epidemic

5 - Ebola epidemic

4 - "conflict zinc"

3 - malaria epidemic

2 - Zimbabwe army announces plan to restore their economy through "bitcoin mining"

1 - The Zambezi river flows red with blood; plague of flies, plague of frogs . . .
Conflict zinc....

Okay
Still, have you ever seen a functional country come out of that place?
Imagine Europe with Christianity never arriving or it actually having been Islamized. Would Sweden still be a bunch of warring Vikings a la Somali pirate style? I'd say it would be more likely than not.

But you're right. Lets see in this day and age of the internet what happens in Africa. The next generation or two (20-40 years) will tell a lot. And it may depend on how China deals with Africa more than anything else.

7 - Zika virus epidemic

5 - Ebola epidemic

4 - "conflict zinc"

3 - malaria epidemic

We can only hope otherwise. :0)

And I think Africa is probably the most resource rich continent on the planet, but it's been a shit-show for centuries..... I don't have any other explanation for why, do you?
A Seed Doesn't Grow in Sand

If we gave our High IQs the same feedback that superior athletes get from childhood on, today's America would seem as primitive as the Low-IQ cesspools.