• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Interesting times in Africa

freyasman

Senator
Cecil Rhodes, Builder of Civilized Nations

Higgins on Magnum PI was a British Sergeant Major. Was Kelso like him?
Not really...
"FORT BENNING, Ga. (TRADOC News Service, April 29, 2005) – Few can claim they have walked the war-torn veld of Rhodesia, fought side by side with commandos, witnessed the carnage of battle, time and time again, and lived to tell the tale.

Among the few is Mike Kelso, the U.S. Army Infantry Center command sergeant major. Some remember him as the Ranger Training Brigade command sergeant major. A few may even recall his days with 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, in the 1980s and early 1990s. But to almost all, his first experience with combat is but a whisper of a legend.

From the time he was born, Kelso always wanted to be a professional soldier. Too young to fight in Vietnam, the 17-year-old Kelso enlisted into the Army in September 1973 and took a slot in the 82nd Airborne Division. Wanting to go to war, he grew frustrated with the routines of a peacetime Army. Then he picked up the very first edition of the magazine Soldier of Fortune. There were two stories covering the conflict in Rhodesia. At the time, the Rhodesian army was fighting a vicious bush war against Marxist insurgents attempting to overthrow the government. At the end of one of the articles, there was an address for those interested in fighting to write for more information.

“People can call me a mercenary,” he said. “That’s fine. I’m OK with that. I’m proud of that. I did what I had wanted to do since I was a little boy. By professional soldier, I mean that going to war was our business.” After being discharged from the U.S. Army, he wrote off to the address, expressing his intent to join. He received a contract in the mail six weeks later and reported for duty in 1977.

He spent more than 15 grueling months battling terrorist insurgents across African plains with the 3 Commando, Rhodesian Light Infantry. He participated in six combat jumps, a task that came second nature to a Rhodesian commando. “I knew a guy, my troop sergeant, who had done 50 combat jumps,” Kelso said. “And there wasn’t any jump pay for it either. That was just the way we did business.”

He wasn’t the only American toughing it out in the trenches for the sake of guts and glory. Along the way, the young trooper met other U.S. citizens caught in the firestorm of foreign war. Frank Bataglia, who hailed from Miami, was a Vietnam veteran and served in the Spanish Foreign Legion before finding his way to Rhodesia. Kelso knew both Bataglia and his wife, who joined the Rhodesian air force as a rigger. Bataglia was killed on an operation into Zambia.

Kelso said losing friends hardened him for years of soldiering ahead. “It certainly showed me what war was really like,” he said. “The happy times, the sad times, the camaraderie that exists among warriors and the sadness at losing your warrior buddies.” He lost warrior buddies like Sgt. Hugh McCall, a New York City native who befriended Kelso shortly after he arrived. McCall was killed while on his last patrol in the bush before he was to return to the United States.

While Kelso quickly learned the horrors of combat, he also found the satisfaction victory bears after the guns fall silent and the dust settles. Facing long odds and grim consequences, Kelso took part in a historic attack wherein a meager force of 144 Rhodesian soldiers took on an overwhelming enemy formation of more than 5,000. With the help of heavy air support, the outnumbered Rhodesians left more than 1,200 enemy combatants dead on the battlefield. “It ingrained in me a confidence that perhaps I didn’t have prior to joining the Rhodesian army,” he said. “I’ve kept that confidence for 28 years. It was that confidence that gave me the courage to volunteer for the 1st Ranger Battalion when I came home.”

That choice was the beginning of a long, illustrious military career which carried Kelso through the ranks above his peers. Now, decades down the line, it isn’t the blood or the battles he is quickest to recall. Surprisingly, it is the novelty of his experience in a foreign country. The host family he spent passes and holidays with, the wild game he saw while patrolling the bush, the thatched mud huts natives called home are the pictures he paints in his mind.

“Just being there, in Africa, was awesome,” he said. “To have the opportunity to live a National Geographic experience was unbelievable.” But his adventure in the wilds of another continent came to an end with the closing battles of the war. “We lost,” he said. “I went home on leave and never went back.” How does a command sergeant major justify going AWOL in the midst of battle? “It’s one thing for a professional soldier to risk his life and lose it in support of his own country, but when the battle is clearly lost and all hope is gone. … We fought the good fight, did what they asked us to do. But when it became obvious the war was lost, well, dying didn’t make much sense,” he said.

So he came home. Returned to his country and a cause worth dying for. He joined the Army. Again. He volunteered for the Ranger option and began making his way in the world.

He has faced many enemies and traveled far to distant lands throughout the years in the name of duty, honor and country. He has walked with Rangers and fought with heroes. But it’s a Rhodesian flag which hangs on his wall, surrounded by yellowed newspaper articles. Articles that breathe life into the legend of a long-ago war and his days as a soldier of fortune."

@The Thinker

Humor me.

Are Downs Syndrome people (or the autistic) human beings or not? Of course they are.

Are people of dark skin all over the world human beings or not? Of course they are.

Are you willing to be socially responsible for dark skinned people as you are Downs
Syndrome people or the autistic? Of course not.

You have a vested moral interest in not asserting that Zimbabweans are Downs Syndrome (or autistic) afflicted human beings. And furthermore it isn't true. Unless of course they are all affected with Zika.

Last edited:
Imagine Europe with Christianity never arriving or it actually having been Islamized. Would Sweden still be a bunch of warring Vikings a la Somali pirate style? I'd say it would be more likely than not.

But you're right. Lets see in this day and age of the internet what happens in Africa. The next generation or two (20-40 years) will tell a lot. And it may depend on how China deals with Africa more than anything else.
Cuomo Erectus Non-Sapiens

To care about those evolutionary rejects is another insult to High IQs. It's exactly like telling a football coach he should neglect his team and spend all his time trying to improve the athletic skills of those students he had to cut in tryouts. Our ruling parasites need to humiliate the talented.

To care about those evolutionary rejects is another insult to High IQs. It's exactly like telling a football coach he should neglect his team and spend all his time trying to improve the athletic skills of those students he had to cut in tryouts. Our ruling parasites need to humiliate the talented.
This isn't the prime example but your playing Oracle of Delphi doesn't... Your posts to me I can't respond to because apparently I have the wrong IQ.

connieb

Senator
@The Thinker

Humor me.

Are Downs Syndrome people (or the autistic) human beings or not? Of course they are.

Are people of dark skin all over the world human beings or not? Of course they are.

Are you willing to be socially responsible for dark skinned people as you are Downs
Syndrome people or the autistic? Of course not.

You have a vested moral interest in not asserting that Zimbabweans are Downs Syndrome (or autistic) afflicted human beings. And furthermore it isn't true. Unless of course they are all affected with Zika.
Huh?

And I think Africa is probably the most resource rich continent on the planet, but it's been a shit-show for centuries..... I don't have any other explanation for why, do you?
Maybe it is because the continent has been plundered of resources, including people, for centuries.

I think that IQ placing blacks in the idiot or imbecile category is absurdist racist crap. :0)
What exactly does IQ tell us anyway, the tests are specific and they are flawed.

I had an aunt who married a Rhodesian -How she hooked any man no one knows but he married her, took her round the world and then back to his home. She was the aunt of nightmares, vulgar and cruel and loud in public.
He saw the end coming and got out - she came to us - She spoke so ill of the servants she left behind, always belittling and telling stories of how stupid they were and the way she spoke to them. Horrible, horrible woman. But her two daughters told a different story, they loved the Africans who had more or less brought them up - The tell it as I have heard from so many others who were brought up in Africa - The natural pace of Africa is slow and there is a depth in Africans that we have forgotten - they take time.

A lady who I met on the London to Brighton once - told me that she was brought up by the Hottentots and that they believed that 'just because the sun went down last night, it does not mean that it will go down tonight.That just because the sun came up this morning, it does not mean that it will come up tomorrow morning'.

Climate Change was invented to enable 'them' to collect an 'air tax' specifically to stop the undeveloped world from developing - they cannot afford the 'air tax'.

A French endocrinologist, at the turn of the 20th century, took a babe with Downs and brought him to be normal before he reached manhood. He found that Downs occurred because of something lacking (iron I think) in the mothers thyroid gland during pregnancy. He said that from babyhood he could cure, not later. Autism is due to vaccines. In these instances it has been about money.

In Africa toit has been about money. It is always about money.

We never hear about UN troops anymore do we? I wonder if it is they who are ISIL sometimes. Where ever UN troops were called in, it would be ordered that the UN troops must be from tribes that are the swore deadly enemies of the peoples they are sent in to protect. And you wonder why ...........

Not really...
"FORT BENNING, Ga. (TRADOC News Service, April 29, 2005) – Few can claim they have walked the war-torn veld of Rhodesia, fought side by side with commandos, witnessed the carnage of battle, time and time again, and lived to tell the tale.

Among the few is Mike Kelso, the U.S. Army Infantry Center command sergeant major. Some remember him as the Ranger Training Brigade command sergeant major. A few may even recall his days with 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment, in the 1980s and early 1990s. But to almost all, his first experience with combat is but a whisper of a legend.

From the time he was born, Kelso always wanted to be a professional soldier. Too young to fight in Vietnam, the 17-year-old Kelso enlisted into the Army in September 1973 and took a slot in the 82nd Airborne Division. Wanting to go to war, he grew frustrated with the routines of a peacetime Army. Then he picked up the very first edition of the magazine Soldier of Fortune. There were two stories covering the conflict in Rhodesia. At the time, the Rhodesian army was fighting a vicious bush war against Marxist insurgents attempting to overthrow the government. At the end of one of the articles, there was an address for those interested in fighting to write for more information.

“People can call me a mercenary,” he said. “That’s fine. I’m OK with that. I’m proud of that. I did what I had wanted to do since I was a little boy. By professional soldier, I mean that going to war was our business.” After being discharged from the U.S. Army, he wrote off to the address, expressing his intent to join. He received a contract in the mail six weeks later and reported for duty in 1977.

He spent more than 15 grueling months battling terrorist insurgents across African plains with the 3 Commando, Rhodesian Light Infantry. He participated in six combat jumps, a task that came second nature to a Rhodesian commando. “I knew a guy, my troop sergeant, who had done 50 combat jumps,” Kelso said. “And there wasn’t any jump pay for it either. That was just the way we did business.”

He wasn’t the only American toughing it out in the trenches for the sake of guts and glory. Along the way, the young trooper met other U.S. citizens caught in the firestorm of foreign war. Frank Bataglia, who hailed from Miami, was a Vietnam veteran and served in the Spanish Foreign Legion before finding his way to Rhodesia. Kelso knew both Bataglia and his wife, who joined the Rhodesian air force as a rigger. Bataglia was killed on an operation into Zambia.

Kelso said losing friends hardened him for years of soldiering ahead. “It certainly showed me what war was really like,” he said. “The happy times, the sad times, the camaraderie that exists among warriors and the sadness at losing your warrior buddies.” He lost warrior buddies like Sgt. Hugh McCall, a New York City native who befriended Kelso shortly after he arrived. McCall was killed while on his last patrol in the bush before he was to return to the United States.

While Kelso quickly learned the horrors of combat, he also found the satisfaction victory bears after the guns fall silent and the dust settles. Facing long odds and grim consequences, Kelso took part in a historic attack wherein a meager force of 144 Rhodesian soldiers took on an overwhelming enemy formation of more than 5,000. With the help of heavy air support, the outnumbered Rhodesians left more than 1,200 enemy combatants dead on the battlefield. “It ingrained in me a confidence that perhaps I didn’t have prior to joining the Rhodesian army,” he said. “I’ve kept that confidence for 28 years. It was that confidence that gave me the courage to volunteer for the 1st Ranger Battalion when I came home.”

That choice was the beginning of a long, illustrious military career which carried Kelso through the ranks above his peers. Now, decades down the line, it isn’t the blood or the battles he is quickest to recall. Surprisingly, it is the novelty of his experience in a foreign country. The host family he spent passes and holidays with, the wild game he saw while patrolling the bush, the thatched mud huts natives called home are the pictures he paints in his mind.

“Just being there, in Africa, was awesome,” he said. “To have the opportunity to live a National Geographic experience was unbelievable.” But his adventure in the wilds of another continent came to an end with the closing battles of the war. “We lost,” he said. “I went home on leave and never went back.” How does a command sergeant major justify going AWOL in the midst of battle? “It’s one thing for a professional soldier to risk his life and lose it in support of his own country, but when the battle is clearly lost and all hope is gone. … We fought the good fight, did what they asked us to do. But when it became obvious the war was lost, well, dying didn’t make much sense,” he said.

So he came home. Returned to his country and a cause worth dying for. He joined the Army. Again. He volunteered for the Ranger option and began making his way in the world.

He has faced many enemies and traveled far to distant lands throughout the years in the name of duty, honor and country. He has walked with Rangers and fought with heroes. But it’s a Rhodesian flag which hangs on his wall, surrounded by yellowed newspaper articles. Articles that breathe life into the legend of a long-ago war and his days as a soldier of fortune."
Plenty of ex army mercenaries went to fight in African wars - pros

EatTheRich

President
Culture. There are bad cultures and there are far better cultures. What you see is increasing worth in cultures as time passes and the best cultural results (which anybody can adopt) are classical liberal Western, Judeo-Christian, Greco-Roman values.
Zimbabwe is 85% Christian, led by people educated in Western universities and steeped in Western values, and clearly imitative politically of Rome, Britain, France, etc.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I don't think there are any, they have been murdering white farmers there since the end of the war.
http://www.newsweek.com/zimbabwe-president-robert-mugabe-white-farmers-651326

Funny how nobody ever accuses this country of lacking diversity, huh?
of all media........seems now CNN reporting of selling human as Slaves..........$400 buys ya a black male?

Hell, maybe different thing I heard on radio today..........

I do know they took white farms from white farmers and now starvation is back to norm

EatTheRich

President
A French endocrinologist, at the turn of the 20th century, took a babe with Downs and brought him to be normal before he reached manhood. He found that Downs occurred because of something lacking (iron I think) in the mothers thyroid gland during pregnancy. He said that from babyhood he could cure, not later. Autism is due to vaccines. In these instances it has been about money.

In Africa toit has been about money. It is always about money.

We never hear about UN troops anymore do we? I wonder if it is they who are ISIL sometimes. Where ever UN troops were called in, it would be ordered that the UN troops must be from tribes that are the swore deadly enemies of the peoples they are sent in to protect. And you wonder why ...........
Down syndrome is genetic. Autism is linked to genetics, maternal obesity, gestational diabetes, and low birth weight, and potentially linked to digestive disorders, environmental toxins including air pollution, tobacco, alcohol, and pesticides, and deficiencies of vitamin D and iodine. There may be other factors as well, but a potential connection between vaccines and autism has been thoroughly researched and rejected based on the evidence.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I think that IQ placing blacks in the idiot or imbecile category is absurdist racist crap. :0)
really..........in 70's company I worked for to install cleaning systems in Cotton Mills in Alabama.......company would give me 5 blacks to install...........I would lay duct work out and all they had to do was slide each piece together, bolt it up and when I would return.........shit was going South when it should have been going West..........it's not racist to know some black dumber than dirt.................it's fact.

Whites as well..............