• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is it fair to talk about wealth? Is there a way to have a discussion

Zam-Zam

Senator
With 15% of the population able to own 93% of everything, is it unfair to look at how this is happening? What policies our government has in place that allows this to happen, and is it fair.

There will always be people who work hard and get ahead. Walt Disney, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, etc.

And there will always be people who think everything they want should be given to them. They will not look inward for solutions, they will blame those who did better than they. They will say it's unfair, and that someone (not they themselves, but someone) should do something about it and give (give is the operative word) more of what others have earned. And they will vote for anyone who says they'll do it.

And so here we are.

MaryAnne

Governor
With 15% of the population able to own 93% of everything, is it unfair to look at how this is happening? What policies our government has in place that allows this to happen, and is it fair.

There will always be people who work hard and get ahead. Walt Disney, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, etc.

And there will always be people who think everything they want should be given to them. They will not look inward for solutions, they will blame those who did better than they. They will say it's unfair, and that someone (not they themselves, but someone) should do something about it and give (give is the operative word) more of what others have earned. And they will vote for anyone who says they'll do it.

And so here we are.
As I am one of those who made it on my own,I still have empathy for those who are hurting due to no fault of their own. Those who worked for years and given the shaft,such as the Bain group and Romney made millions off of doing just that.

Granted he had a few successes, but his hurting of people will stay with him.That is the overwhelming part of his wealth..

MaryAnne

Governor
send me a PM, I would like to have you explain this better if you could, just to see if I would agree, Thanks in advance Days, you sound like a very smart guy.
No,let him explain to all of us. I know Days is smart and I want to hear his reasons.That was quite a good point he made.

How would we do that?Alter the tax code,pass laws? Please explain.

mark14

Council Member
Transfer from the many to the few? Thank the few who pay the way for the many. I bet cave men had the same argument. There always was and always will be haves and have not,'s. Get off your ass and improve your situation if your unhappy with it. Envy is a deadly sin
You seem to have forgotten that so is greed, and of course pride. "In almost every list, pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris, is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and the source of the others. It is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self (especially holding self out of proper position toward God)."

-wikipedia

"Thank the few who pay the way for the many."? I suggest you get down on you knees and do that right now then.

Council Member
Laws have been passed over the last 90 years that are directed in a way to protect the wealth of those who enjoy it at the cost of people who create the wealth for these people. Tax laws and cost of govt has been transfered to state and local govt's to pay the cost of providing a workforce and a customer base.

Creating many places where corp's and wealthy people are able to hid wealth while the rest of us don't have the ability/money to use, as we provide the labor that creates the way for them to get the money. They have crated a belief that people are not worthy of having an American dream life unless your willing to walk on your neighbor, screw your friends to get ahead. If your not with them, your against them, and they have the money to control the govt to get what they want.