• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is it just me, or am I correct in my assessment that many here

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
view police and other law enforcement as persons who are inherently bad, who lie, whose every act and intention is to be assumed to be malicious, of ill intent, and without regard for the safety and well being of those they serve....or may have cause to interact with..for whatever reason?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
view police and other law enforcement as persons who are inherently bad, who lie, whose every act and intention is to be assumed to be malicious, of ill intent, and without regard for the safety and well being of those they serve....or may have cause to interact with..for whatever reason?
In the 80's one of my college classmates was a former deputy with the Galveston County Sheriff's Department. He told me how he used to pull people over,search their cars/persons,take their dope,then let them go.

I prefer to take it on a case by case basis. My best friend is a cop, but I've also encountered some real scumbag cops, too. They have good ones and bad ones, just like every other group of people...

Bugsy McGurk

President
Nah, such people are rare indeed.

A more accurate assessment is that there are two kinds of people - those who accept what a police officer says as the gospel truth, and those who do not.

EliteMind

Council Member
Due to many many years of Corruption, Drug Trafficking, Embezzlement and outright Criminal history of the Police, Your assesment would be accurate.

Want a cookie?

In the 80's one of my college classmates was a former deputy with the Galveston County Sheriff's Department. He told me how he used to pull people over,search their cars/persons,take their dope,then let them go.
Gonna be harder with cops being tagged(gps) and bagged(personal cameras). Yee haw little doggy.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
I never hear anyone complaining about the police unless it's a case where a white officer shoots a black person.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
I never hear anyone complaining about the police unless it's a case where a white officer shoots a black person.
I had a cop violate my right against illegal search. It was humiliating, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I had a cop violate my right against illegal search. It was humiliating, but there was nothing I could do about it.
Because you were illegal?

I'm kidding.

I've never had a cop help me out but to harass me. It turned out to be mild harassment at worst. Never got arrested for anything and my rights were never violated.

Last edited:

Zam-Zam

Senator
Police officers are people. They make mistakes, but they also do a tough job most people don't want to. To expect them to be perfect is absurd; to try and get along without them would be catastrophic.

I would recommend assessing law enforcement professionals one at a time instead of as a monolithic group - to pursue the latter course smacks of bigotry.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
This - like everything else - is hardwired to political agenda. If you want to know where those folks will come down on assessment of a police matter (or any other issue), just scout the Obama Administration statements regarding same and...voila...you will find abject conformity.

No mystery whatsoever.

Zam-Zam

Senator
This - like everything else - is hardwired to political agenda. If you want to know where those folks will come down on assessment of a police matter (or any other issue), just scout the Obama Administration statements regarding same and...voila...you will find abject conformity.

No mystery whatsoever.

Chicken or the egg? Who takes their cue from whom?

afella

Mayor
There could be a real reason for that, and it would not be highlighted by the recent high profile cases.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/27655665/victim-of-botched-ft-bend-swat-raid-gets-outpouring-of-support

There could be a real reason for that. The recent high profile cases with standing.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/27655665/victim-of-botched-ft-bend-swat-raid-gets-outpouring-of-support
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/27645689/ft-bend-police-prosecutors-accused-of-abuse-in-swat-incident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Johnston_shooting

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7083371/swat-no-knock-raids-police-killed-civilians-dangerous-work-drugs

http://www.november.org/razorwire/rzold/16/16012.html

https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/just_shoot_the_mindset_responsible_for_turning_search_warrants_into_de

Read them all, and there's plenty of information out there on police misconduct, it's simply covered up or hidden. In particular the executions of US citizens in no knock warrants, who did NOTHING wrong, and in some cases defended themselves from intruders (who happened to be police officers) to protect themselves and their families. Thankfully there have been a couple of cases of citizens being found innocent after having killed these thugs after breaking into their home on a no knock warrant. At least somethings can go right.

Charcat

One of the Patsy's
I think if you are a law-abiding citizen you have nothing to worry about from law enforcement.