• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is it more comforting to think of life as "all there is" (no afterlife)....or

Wulk

Mayor
Nobody knows what happens to spirit/soul/ego, if there is one, after death - so, why worry about it?

gabriel

Governor
if you act skillfully in this life, there is no reason to worry about it. if you dont, i can see reason to worry.

LOL If it was comfort we were after we would never get outta bed :)

I honestly don't know Rep, my knowledge is that this physical form on earth that we now are, is simply a stage, it is transitory that 'we' are before during and after it, we live/flow it, but that makes no difference to me about what I do and or do not in this life, as to it being a comfort ? I know no other way to be, it is something I have always known without question since I vividly remember past lives and waiting to come here, to incarnate, and that was no comfort !!!!! I can tell ya :) I used to be visited by 'my people' angels if you will, not often now .................

OldGaffer

Governor
Like the guy said, life is great, full of fun and excitement, death is quiet and peaceful, but its that transition period that sucks so bad.

GordonGecko

President
LOL If it was comfort we were after we would never get outta bed :)

I honestly don't know Rep, my knowledge is that this physical form on earth that we now are, is simply a stage, it is transitory that 'we' are before during and after it, we live/flow it, but that makes no difference to me about what I do and or do not in this life, as to it being a comfort ? I know no other way to be, it is something I have always known without question since I vividly remember past lives and waiting to come here, to incarnate, and that was no comfort !!!!! I can tell ya :) I used to be visited by 'my people' angels if you will, not often now .................
Anny, to be fair and accurate...your BELIEF, not "knowledge", "is that this physical form on earth that we now are, is simply a stage, "

GordonGecko

President
Sorry it is knowledge Rep. And yes life is transitory.
Anny...."knowledge" would imply objective, testable data.

Unless of course you meant "transitory" in the sense of "limited and temporary"...and not "as a transition to another state". In which case, you'd be right...as we all die and thus are "transitory" to the cosmos.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
in the end analysis..if wrong (on the proctor thingy)...we'll be none the worse for wear..

"we" do not survive this existance. anatta
I did not say 'we' did ( anatta ? Is that 'cos I natter a lot ? ) though I don't think we agree about some aspects of -carnation. I only know from experiences gariel and a, comparativly, little reading.

gabriel

Governor
looks like WE to me.

we now are, is simply a stage, it is transitory that 'we' are before during and after it, we live/flow it,

anatta