• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is it time again for paper ballots?

Boca

Governor
Of all the benefits of technology, which one assists the criminal Democrat Party in destroying our Republic? Answer: the Touch Screen voting machine?

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library.

"I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent," Moynihan said. "You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat."

The solution of course was to recalibrate that one single machine out of the thousands in Cook County?

Cook County Board of Elections Deputy Communications Director Jim Scalzitti, told Illinois Watchdog, the machine was taken out of service and tested.

One would think there is ample time left to test most, if not all, those machines. One would also think that would have done before early voting began when the horse left the barn. But, hey, we're talking about one of the most politically corrupt cities in the country! What's to expect?

Remember that in Election 2000 Al Gore won the national popular vote by 500,000.....helped by 750,000 from Cook County alone.

But wait! There's Clarke County, Nevada to consider as well!

In 2012 Harry Reid pulled out a 5 point win over Tea Party candidate Sharon Angle despite the last polls showing him a 4 point underdog. Almost statistically impossible;. And consider that Reid lost 14 of 17 Nevada counties by an average of 33 points, but went back to Washington a winner anyway.

How so? Well, simply because Clarke County (Las Vegas) contracts with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) to "maintain" it's voting machines. That's how!

Klunker

Council Member
http://eastcountymagazine.org/voter’s-watchdog-election-officials-arrested-rigging-electronic-voting-machines-plus-diebold-atm-mac

"The scheme involved both Democrats and Republicans, though a poster claiming to be from Clay County alleged that the Democrats arrested were actually Republicans who re-registered in order to wrest control of precinct leadership positions and influence primary election outcomes."

Rigged voting machines has been ongoing for a long time. Cases have involved both parties. If the Pubs, like Kochbach, really wanted to keep voting honest they would concentrate on rigged voting machines... not disenfranchising poor and minority voters.
Paper balloting can also be "rigged". Ballots can be "lost". Names can be left off ballots in certain precincts. Where there's a politician involved, corruption in the voting process can be a hair's breadth away.

Boca

Governor
some guy in arizona was caught on security cam stuffing "hundreds of paper ballots" into an early voting box. the poll watchers were "afraid" to confront him. no arrests have been made.

http://www.libertynews.com/2014/10/video-ariz-democrat-operative-caught-on-video-stuffing-ballot-box/
Looks like they have a good picture of the guy. Sheriff Joe should be able to track him down.

I'd say 3 to 5 years in prison for this, or any other fraudulent voting scheme, including rigging voting machines, would send a clear message....make it 5 to 10 and you might stop it altogether.

Republican or Democrat.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Of all the benefits of technology, which one assists the criminal Democrat Party in destroying our Republic? Answer: the Touch Screen voting machine?

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library.

"I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent," Moynihan said. "You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat."

The solution of course was to recalibrate that one single machine out of the thousands in Cook County?

Cook County Board of Elections Deputy Communications Director Jim Scalzitti, told Illinois Watchdog, the machine was taken out of service and tested.

One would think there is ample time left to test most, if not all, those machines. One would also think that would have done before early voting began when the horse left the barn. But, hey, we're talking about one of the most politically corrupt cities in the country! What's to expect?

Remember that in Election 2000 Al Gore won the national popular vote by 500,000.....helped by 750,000 from Cook County alone.

In 2012 Harry Reid pulled out a 5 point win over Tea Party candidate Sharon Angle despite the last polls showing him a 4 point underdog. Almost statistically impossible;. And consider that Reid lost 14 of 17 Nevada counties by an average of 33 points, but went back to Washington a winner anyway.

How so? Well, simply because Clarke County (Las Vegas) contracts with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) to "maintain" it's voting machines. That's how!
No.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
I voted yesterday by mail. Was disappointed everything on the ballot was repeated in Spanish. Then also I had to put two stamps on it.

So people are complaining about needing a photo ID at the booth but aren't complaining about having to pay to vote by putting stamps on the return envelope? Isn't that suppressing the vote?

:)

Hmmmm

Mayor

I prefer paper ballot with a reader that counts the number of ballots read. The total number read must match the number who signed in to vote (no ID required but a signature is). The paper ballots are held for a certain period of time then destroyed.

there are problems with any voting mechanism but pure electronic has zero records that can be examined later.

Boca

Governor
....pure electronic has zero records that can be examined later.
Exactly.....although I would think in this day and age digital records could be produced.

But that would spoil things for the criminals wouldn't it?

Boca

Governor

"No" on paper ballots or no on anything that would upset the apple cart? Like for example voter ID?

Fact is both Republicans and Democrats cheat and if you thought for a second Republicans were better at it you'd be screaming bloody murder .

Hmmmm

Mayor
Exactly.....although I would think in this day and age digital records could be produced.

But that would spoil things for the criminals wouldn't it?
Digital records are just bits in a machine. Who knows what the bits were meant to be? What is voted doesn't have to match what is recorded.

The only way I could think to ensure an accurate record (assuming no theft) is to electronically vote, get a printout, voter verifies it, and the printout is placed into a locked container.

I really don't trust electronic voting. While paper ballots can be manipulated, they are bulky and truly hard to deal with although not as hard as dealing with dead bodies.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
"No" on paper ballots or no on anything that would upset the apple cart? Like for example voter ID?

Fact is both Republicans and Democrats cheat and if you thought for a second Republicans were better at it you'd be screaming bloody murder .
"undetected but systemic" was a phrase one member of your party used to described voter fraud. "Both sides do it" is a Republican bullshiite argument. The Republican solution,to the undetected problem,isn't intended to solve a problem. It's intended to limit turnout. You guys know that. Any attempt to explain it otherwise is pure bullshiite.

Arkady

President
I prefer paper ballot with a reader that counts the number of ballots read. The total number read must match the number who signed in to vote (no ID required but a signature is). The paper ballots are held for a certain period of time then destroyed.

there are problems with any voting mechanism but pure electronic has zero records that can be examined later.
I suppose you could do pure electronic, but with a fingerprint scan. The machine would store the prints, which could then be cross-checked to identify duplicates.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
"undetected but systemic" was a phrase one member of your party used to described voter fraud. "Both sides do it" is a Republican bullshiite argument. The Republican solution,to the undetected problem,isn't intended to solve a problem. It's intended to limit turnout. You guys know that. Any attempt to explain it otherwise is pure bullshiite.
Are you saying that Democrat voters don't have ID's?

I've never understood why any American would want people voting in their country without an ID. Why would it limit turnout?

Arkady

President

In 2004, there was a lot of anecdotal evidence suggesting the Diebold machines (Diebold being run by Republicans) handed the election in Ohio (and thereby nationally) to Bush.

One way to prevent this is random spot-checking by independent auditors. Have them randomly select machines from the field, remove them to special testing facilities, and run a known vote total through them, and confirm that they tally correctly. If they don't, then heads have to roll. That kind of spot checking would strongly discourage those who manufacture or service the machines from tampering with them.

Arkady

President

I've never understood why any American would want people voting in their country without an ID. Why would it limit turnout?
It's a trade off. If you impose voter ID, you will certainly depress turnout among the many millions of people who don't currently ahve qualifying ID. Those people disproportionately come from certain demographic groups (including very young people, and urban dwellers), so there's a meaningful chance this will change the ultimate outcomes of at least some elections. If you don't impose voter ID, on the other hand, you will allow more illegal voting. However, there's no sign that the type of illegal voting that would be discouraged by voter ID happens in any substantial numbers, much less that it is demographically skewed, so there's no meaningful chance that this will change the ultimate outcomes of any elections. So, as between those two options, the one that seems more likely to produce results reflective of the will of the eligible voters is not to require voter ID.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

The type of acceptable IDs in the Republican written laws,limits turnout. Student IDs issued by state universities aren't allowed but Concealed Handgun licenses are? They don't want students to vote because they tend to vote Dem. Not all students have cars,so they don't all have driver's licenses. Nowadays,they do all their banking and bill paying online. They don't even need a government issued id card. A senior citizen in a nursing home that doesn't drive and has their social security/disability checks direct deposited doesn't need a govt. issued id for anything. You gonna make them all have to go pay for an id card just to vote? Time and time again,the few cases of voter fraud that are found and proven,aren't the kind that would be prevented with an id card. Driving,cashing checks and buying alcohol and cigarettes are privileges,not constitutional rights.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
It's a trade off. If you impose voter ID, you will certainly depress turnout among the many millions of people who don't currently ahve qualifying ID. Those people disproportionately come from certain demographic groups (including very young people, and urban dwellers), so there's a meaningful chance this will change the ultimate outcomes of at least some elections. If you don't impose voter ID, on the other hand, you will allow more illegal voting. However, there's no sign that the type of illegal voting that would be discouraged by voter ID happens in any substantial numbers, much less that it is demographically skewed, so there's no meaningful chance that this will change the ultimate outcomes of any elections. So, as between those two options, the one that seems more likely to produce results reflective of the will of the eligible voters is not to require voter ID.
Its a strange argument twisted with politics.

An ID only makes sense. Here on PJ we read that Republicans are the underinformed, poor red state people, yet you are saying a voter ID would prevent more Democrats from getting to the booth?

I don't care who votes or who doesn't or whether they are Democrats or Republicans, lets get the voter id implemented.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator

An ID only makes sense. Here on PJ we read that Republicans are the underinformed, poor red state people, yet you are saying a voter ID would prevent more Democrats from getting to the booth?

I don't care who votes or who doesn't or whether they are Democrats or Republicans, lets get the voter id implemented.
Slight change to what you wrote.
You said: "you are saying a voter ID would prevent more Democrats from getting to the booth"

What you should have said: "you are saying a voter ID would prevent Democrats from getting to the booth more"

That one word "more" needed to be moved. The primary reason Democrats want no voter ID is so that their people can vote more than once.

Klunker

Council Member

No problem with implementation of a voter ID law, if.... IF the law provides for a convenient means of getting the ID at no cost to a citizen. Current laws make certain forms of ID acceptable... or unacceptable... that could disenfranchise certain demographics. We've heard the horror stories of aged folks with walkers standing in lines for over 4 hours to get a "state approved" ID. If you're going to require it... staff the system with enough folks to take care of the applicants in a timely manner.
I do hope the Pubs understand there can be just as much voter "fraud"... or more... with these crazy ID laws as without. Hand the person authorizing the ID cards and application and a $100 bill and see if you don't get a card. What's to stop a particular race, religion, etc. official from handing out ID's to those of the same ilk? When people are involved, there can and will be corruption. When there is a law, there can and will be people circumvent it.

Reactions: Jen