• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is it treasonous to hate the US government?

Bugsy McGurk

President
I don't mean Obama hate. I'm referring to our goverment.

That's the message of the extreme element of the GOP - that our government is somehow evil. That "Washington," as the message goes, is just inherently evil. That the federal government must be disabled. Shut down. The "send me to Washington so I can defeat it" mentality.

Treason?

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"

That's the message of the extreme element of the GOP - that our government is somehow evil. That "Washington," as the message goes, is just inherently evil. That the federal government must be disabled. Shut down. The "send me to Washington so I can defeat it" mentality.

Treason?

ask the justice dept..its a legal question..

Bugsy McGurk

President
So you have never labeled something as treason without a formal opinion from the Justice Department? Doubtful.

Why so bashful? You have no opinion?

Let's say anti-American? Do you think that label fits?

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Treason?
Are you suggesting that the state should classify the esteem in which we hold a thing as illegal or disloyal action? "Hate" is not action. I know you statists CRAVE making even thoughts that don't align with your views illegal, but no dice.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Are you suggesting that the state should classify the esteem in which we hold a thing as illegal or disloyal action? "Hate" is not action. I know you statists CRAVE making even thoughts that don't align with your views illegal, but no dice.

bugs thinks no one knows how his closed end questions work..

i noticed he dodged my question as to why he hasnt stopped beating his wife...

thats very telling...

RickWA

Snagglesooth

thats very telling...
Anyone who isn't generally disgusted by our government hasn't been paying attention. Geeze, we're now to the point where supposed liberals are considering whether dislike of government is treasonous.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Anyone who isn't generally disgusted by our government hasn't been paying attention. Geeze, we're now to the point where supposed liberals are considering whether dislike of government is treasonous.

bugs is no liberal, democrat nor prog...hes just a distraction..with no political support from anyone sane...

who would openly claim him as one of their own?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
bugs is no liberal, democrat nor prog...hes just a distraction..with no political support from anyone sane...

who would openly claim him as one of their own?
He's a paid poster (subsidized by the DNC zombie caucus). He just babbles in writing - apparently paid by the post count.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
He's a paid poster (subsidized by the DNC zombie caucus). He just babbles in writing - apparently paid by the post count.

so's they pay him to be ridiculed and his ideas quashed and shredded?

they arnt any brighter than he is...

Bugsy McGurk

President
No. I'm asking you a question.

Do you think hating our nation's government is anti-American?

Bugsy McGurk

President

thats very telling...
It's actually nothing like the "have you stopped beating your wife" question. That question has within it a false premise, and either answer is damning.

But some people do hate our nation's government. And the question is whether it's anti-American to do so.

Pleading the 5th?

;-)