• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is it true, that no state or local administration is able to function without input from the federal government?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
MAke decisions, issue directives as relates the C19 virus, etc...?
Leftists: It's not possible because all people are either too evil or stupid to run things, so we will.
Conservatives: Of course it's possible. Government is too stupid and evil to run things, and there are hundreds of millions of corpses all across Europe to prove it.

IMO

voyager

4Q2247365
FLA. Governor Desantis laid it all on trump. "Trump did not tell him to close the beaches." "trump did not think things were bad." "I took my direction from trump."

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Leftists: It's not possible because all people are either too evil or stupid to run things, so we will.
Conservatives: Of course it's possible. Government is too stupid and evil to run things, and there are hundreds of millions of corpses all across Europe to prove it.

IMO

so trump needs to do it?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
FLA. Governor Desantis laid it all on trump. "Trump did not tell him to close the beaches." "trump did not think things were bad." "I took my direction from trump."
cool. there's a moron right there..

meanwhile, generally speaking.... every elected is an automaton..solely dependent on trump?

UPNYA2

Mayor

meanwhile, generally speaking.... every elected is an automaton..solely dependent on trump?
Yes...….…….. When something is bad or wrong.

Otherwise, no.

All things bad happen because of Trump.
All things good happen in spite of Trump.

That is just the America we live in these days.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes...….…….. When something is bad or wrong.

Otherwise, no.

All things bad happen because of Trump.
All things good happen in spite of Trump.

That is just the America we live in these days.

but...everybody is just standing around.. waiting for him to tell them to do somethng.. yes?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
so trump needs to do it?
Absolutely not.

I don't want to make this some black and white issue. It's not as if the only two choices are 100% local gov't and 100% federal rule. I think there could and should be SOME collaboration.

However, to go to the one extreme and say local gov't CANNOT function without federal saviors is... incorrect.

The question becomes, will the federal government ALLOW local gov't to organically proceed, or will they have a heel on their throat with sanctions and regulations that pretty much guide the local gov't to where the federal wants to go anyways.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
MAke decisions, issue directives as relates the C19 virus, etc...?

One of the craziest things we learned from this epidemic is hospitals only have enough PPE for about two weeks. Unbelievable, especially after the Ebola scare when we found out they were so ill prepared.

It would be like fire departments that only have one hose.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely not.

I don't want to make this some black and white issue. It's not as if the only two choices are 100% local gov't and 100% federal rule. I think there could and should be SOME collaboration.

However, to go to the one extreme and say local gov't CANNOT function without federal saviors is... incorrect.

The question becomes, will the federal government ALLOW local gov't to organically proceed, or will they have a heel on their throat with sanctions and regulations that pretty much guide the local gov't to where the federal wants to go anyways.

Sure, that is exactly correct.. there is continuity and collaboration...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
One of the craziest things we learned from this epidemic is hospitals only have enough PPE for about two weeks. Unbelievable, especially after the Ebola scare when we found out they were so ill prepared.

It would be like fire departments that only have one hose.
right... but then the question becomes... why do hospitals stock to only two weeks worth of PPE?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Sure, that is exactly correct.. there is continuity and collaboration...
As there should be.

But there is a clear insinuation when one says local gov't CANNOT function without federal input, at least to me there is.

"You commonfolk can't do what we can, you need super government to save you".

This crisis has proven that to be untrue. The people are more than capable of providing. It should always be a concert, both gov't and people should act against evil or suffering... but the two should have to respect what the other is capable of.

To say local gov't can't do it without help is to purposely downplay what they're capable of.. and as history documents, federal governments enjoy taking control of smaller, localized ones in the name of efficiency and money... but end up actually doing far worse than if they'd never intervened.

Jack4freedom

Governor

Many people believe that this virus pandemic is actually a national emergency and would be more effectively dealt with on a national level. You know, like The UNITED States of America. Imagine if we had gone to war on a state by state level after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
New Orleans Mayor did same of not cancelling Mardi Gras...……….
evidently neither should be in charge, I damn sure don't need Trump to tell me Chinese Virus and Swine Flu is deadly.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Many people believe that this virus pandemic is actually a national emergency and would be more effectively dealt with on a national level. You know, like The UNITED States of America. Imagine if we had gone to war on a state by state level after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.
but we're not talking war...

and we are coordinating it n a national level..

meanwhile, were the states constrained in some way in planning?