• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is Liberalism a "Theology" as Santorum says it is?

degsme

Council Member
I don't think Santorum was trying to say that liberalism is a "theology" although Democrats are twisting what he said to mean that.

But Liberalism is a "religion" of sorts.
RIGHT.. its a "religion of sort" but not a "theology"... please Jen, someone who claims to be an English teacher should know better.

The "superior being" to them is GOVERNMENT, as you said. Government replaces God as the giver of everything that sustains life.
Want some oats with all that straw? Gee lets make shite up about others and then pretend that this is the truth..

The Communists of the USSR necessarily banned religion in which The Creator was worshiped since their government was supposed to be the Sustainer of life and the Creator of life was secondary.
You know Jen, I lost 2 family members to the Soviets, and another two spent a large part of their lives in the Gulag. My mother and father both were on Stalin's death lists.

Your ignorance - your outright, know nothing, stupid ignorance (and I'm willing to take an infraction here because you are just so way over the line) of what the USSR was and was not about - is so ludicrous that you really need to be ashamed of yourself.

The notion that "we are headed down that road" is so insulting and noxious. Particularly since under CONSERVATIVES LIKE YOU, the USA instituted policies that are indistinguishable from what My grandfather went through
  • Accused of being an "danger to the state" because of whom he was associated with
  • Detained
  • "harshly interrogated"
  • Tried by a military tribunal that reported to the Head of State
    • where his "defense" atty was ALSO appointed by and reported to the Head of State
    • where 'evidence' garnered from his "harsh interrogation" was used
    • where secret evidence he was not allowed to see was used
    • where he was not allowed to directly question the witnesses against him
    • Where he was convicted of being a 'danger to the nation' - and was sentenced to be held until he was "no longer a danger to the nation"
  • after which he was remanded into custody
  • and died while continuing to be "harshly interrogated"

For a CONSERVATIVE - who supported and advocated THOSE POLICIES to be done by the US GOVERNMENT to now turn around and accuse "liberals" like me of "heading us down the road to the USSR"

is simply something for you to be deeply deeply deeply ashamed of.

It is stupid
It is ignorant
It is a lie
It refuses to take personal responsibility for the collective blood on YOUR HANDS

and it ignores what the USSR really was about.

Shame on you.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You do know that the individual mandate was a republican idea pushed by Newt back in the 90s.....right?

OldGaffer

Governor
He wasn't a winger, in fact he was a Christian hating Left Wing Democrat.

Frankly I'm,surprised that he knew which end of the gun to point.
Adkisson, a former private in the United States Army from 1974 to 1977, says that he was motivated by hatred of Democrats, liberals, African Americans and homosexuals.[2][9][10] According to a sworn affidavit by one of the officers who interviewed Adkisson on July 27, 2008:[3]

During the interview Adkisson stated that he had targeted the church because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of major media outlets. Adkisson made statements that because he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them into office. Adkisson stated that he had held these beliefs for about the last ten years.
Where do you get your information?