• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

"Is Paris burning??!!"

OK, I ALMOST get why a dozen. American cities are in flames. And why liquor stores, pharmacies, and ATMS are being looted . . .

Some ignorant, poorly trained and unsupervised cop killed a career criminal with 5 felony convictions. Race was a factor. As was poor governance.
And a lack of political accountability. Armed government employees continue to brutalize unarmed residents, even in our most progressive deep blue cities. But without any obvious effect on election day. One party rule ROCKS!

But why are Parisians rioting and looting?

My take is that this has little to do with "black lives matter", and is more related to the 3 month government lockdown, while liquor stores remained open as "essential services".

Full disclosure: my thread subject line is also the title of a one time best selling book. But we no longer teach history and literacy in America's lowered expectations public schools.

Questiion: do you own a gun for home defense? What one would you recommend?

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
OK, I ALMOST get why a dozen. American cities are in flames. And why liquor stores, pharmacies, and ATMS are being looted . . .

Some ignorant, poorly trained and unsupervised cop killed a career criminal with 5 felony convictions. Race was a factor. As was poor governance.
And a lack of political accountability. Armed government employees continue to brutalize unarmed residents, even in our most progressive deep blue cities. But without any obvious effect on election day. One party rule ROCKS!

My take is that this has little to do with "black lives matter", and is more related to the 3 month government lockdown, while liquor stores remained open as "essential services".

Full disclosure: my thread subject line is also the title of a one time best selling book. But we no longer teach history and literacy in America's lowered expectations public schools.

I don’t know the answer to your question at the end, but I am sooner to be purchasing my first handgun. Looking at glocks. Any recommendations?

Jen

Senator

About the gun: I asked that question on another forum (you go there and if you ask it there you'll get plenty of wise help). I was thinking of a shot gun. They told me that a 12 gage shotgun is a lot for an unexperienced woman to wield. My takeaway was that the best gun might be an AR15. It's got enough padding that the kick for the shooter might not knock me off my feet. And it has a little red dot for aiming.

A revolver might also have too much kick but with a little practice that might work and it can be stored near your bed all in one piece.

I plan to practice with several and then decide. Practice and safety training is important.

I live in rural Oklahoma so it can be expected that all my neighbors have guns and will use them if a bus of rioters comes this way. They will be sorry they showed up here.

Plus, we have bobcats and coyotes nearby...... just in case some thug gets shot and crawls into the woods.