• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is the question becoming: "Why aren't you racist?"

Spamature

President
Devil's Advocate: "Well, just why aren't you racist?"

You're answering from a POV that you should be racist but you aren't.
Why not when lead by my insecurities don't I pull others down so that I may feel better about myself ? After all that's the easy way out. I am just not trying hard enough to realize the efficiency of judging individuals by the group. After all it takes much less thought and reflection. I suppose my down fall is not being able to put myself in someone else's shoes, but that's not enough to explain it. I suppose the real thing is fear. I know that there are really what it is all about it making others less human than I am. Because a that point I know I can justify anything that I do to them and anything that is done to them. Then I become less civilized in the process until there is no difference between me and what I imagine the people I do this to, to be.

Nonsense. I made point by point arguments on the basis of obvious facts and generally accepted ethical premises. And you have been 100% unable to answer them, which is why you are reduced to mindless evasion of the actual arguments presented.
This was the most "argument" you presented.

I made an unanswerable argument on utilitarian grounds. Even if as you allege racism helps slaveowners and other ruling classes, it inarguably harms the vast majority. Racism is also inconsistent with the principle of respect for humanity. It is also, as the other people in this thread have pointed out, inconsistent with human excellence since it requires a kind of willful stupidity to ignore the basic fact that race doesn't exist except as an artificial system of arbitrary oppression/advantage with no rational basis. And of course the racist side has already lost the argument where it really counts ... the streets.
It is all crap. What the hell is, "the principle of respect for humanity," if not platitudinous crap? Or, "inconsistent with human excellence," means what other than an appeal to feel good reasoning.

Ha ha and the idea that racism has lost in the streets is to ignore all the shit that Obama threw at the fan after he got elected and the divisive results he got. Heck, it ignores the travesty of the results of an Islamized Europe. What a dumb thing you just said... streets... ha ha ha ha

Last edited:
Why not when lead by my insecurities don't I pull others down so that I may feel better about myself ? After all that's the easy way out. I am just not trying hard enough to realize the efficiency of judging individuals by the group. After all it takes much less thought and reflection. I suppose my down fall is not being able to put myself in someone else's shoes, but that's not enough to explain it. I suppose the real thing is fear. I know that there are really what it is all about it making others less human than I am. Because a that point I know I can justify anything that I do to them and anything that is done to them. Then I become less civilized in the process until there is no difference between me and what I imagine the people I do this to, to be.
So this explains why you aren't racist when you should be?

I told you.

A) It would be easier

B) I could skip over thinking about people and issues

C) I would over come my fear of being what I imagine I hate.
So you're not a racist because it is easier not to be, you don't have to think about racism, and... I don't quite get C.

C) So being a racist makes you a person who you imagine to be inferior to you? If you are racist against Mexicans that makes you a Mexican?

C

Capitalist

If there actually is a god then I suppose that would suffice.
Everybody judges all the time. You judge all the time. You judge THIS principle better than THAT principle.

Selflessness you judge better than self promotion, right?

Justice you judge better than revenge, right?

(You mean there are STILL people who haven't run this down yet?)

Spamature

President
So you're not a racist because it is easier, you don't have to think, and... I don't quite get C.

C) So being a racist makes you a person who you imagine to be inferior to you? If you are racists against Mexicans that makes you a Mexican?
You are saying I should be racist, right ? Because that is what the "why aren't you" denotes. I explained to you why that is.

C) No, it would make me into the person I am seeing that "Mexican" as, someone who is less human than I believe myself to be.

You are saying I should be racist, right ? Because that is what the "why aren't you" denotes. I explained to you why that is.

C) No, it would make me into the person I am seeing that "Mexican" as, someone who is less human than I believe myself to be.
What are the implications of seeing that person as less human than you? What is particularly wrong about that?

afella

Mayor
Everybody judges all the time. You judge all the time. You judge THIS principle better than THAT principle.

Selflessness you judge better than self promotion, right?

Justice you judge better than revenge, right?

(You mean there are STILL people who haven't run this down yet?)

Yes everyone judges. Yes I do to. Justice is revenge, is the revenge we've dictated to be correct to have a functioning society, though that's a whole different discussion. How are selflessness or self promotion the same as judging someone based on pseudoscience?

There is no principle to judge in our modern day form of racism, as there is no scientific basis for racism. Bigotry is something different from racism and is prevalent throughout our whole society, I am sure I am guilty of it in some way. Though I strive very hard not to, that's the difference here. I am not better than another person, and we are all replaceable. I remind myself of that everyday.

C

Capitalist

The best part about science is it will contradict and disprove itself on occasion. That weeds out good science from bad science. Eugenics science would be akin to the scene from Monty Python and the holy Grail, where they have the duck and woman in the two cages to prove whether the woman is witch or not. Something of that nature would have been considered science in its day and age, though later and for obvious reasons proven wrong.
Sweden had a eugenics program up until 1974. What happened in 1974 that made eugenics bad science? Did something happen decades earlier? Why was Sweden so slow to catch up with the science?

C

Capitalist

Justice is revenge
No it's not. Revenge is a matter of vigilantism. Justice is different. It is the natural (as in Natural Law) consequences of one's actions.

There is no principle to judge in our modern day form of racism, as there is no scientific basis for racism.
Sure there is. Eugenics. Social "sciences." The principles of Natural Law vs. Utilitarian or Hedonistic or voodoo principles. Have you ever been to Africa? Is there some real, genuine, cultural, perhaps even "scientific" or at least logical reason the US is healthier, more diverse, more successful, and more advanced than every sub-Saharan African nation?

I guess some of these questions are just too painful and embarrassing for liberals to contemplate off line.

afella

Mayor
Sweden had a eugenics program up until 1974. What happened in 1974 that made eugenics bad science? Did something happen decades earlier? Why was Sweden so slow to catch up with the science?

I'm unfamiliar with their program. So I will have to get back to you on the specifics. Why did they stop their program?

C

Capitalist

I'm unfamiliar with their program. So I will have to get back to you on the specifics. Why did they stop their program?
I'm sure you'll discover that in your research. And it's 1976 not 1974.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1999/mar/06/stephenbates

Here's a question for you: Why would we find modern day eugenics vis a vie sterilization abhorrent yet abortion in 7 digits focused on blacks and minorities in the US via Planned Parenthood is the right of every American woman?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spamature

President
It was always bad science.
Could it be that they were so slow to catch up because prejudice tends to slow down scientific progress ?