• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Is this forum dying?

Dunno. But I do miss the banter. Don't you?
Yes I do, I can't see them coming back though ------- they have changed and would come back far more aggressively, if they did. When I have come across them they seem very bitter ------------- so I can't see it happening pet :(

But, life is a funny bugger - one can never tell -

MrMike

Bless you all
Yes I do, I can't see them coming back though ------- they have changed and would come back far more aggressively, if they did. When I have come across them they seem very bitter ------------- so I can't see it happening pet :(

I think you're right. The bitterness from the Left is very strong and they (mainly) have fled to areas/forums where they can more easily influence the control of discussions or get people penalized that deviate from their desired narratives.

Essentially, they have taken their ball and ran away because the political forum game had become more fair (tough) due to a more evenly handed/moderated board here. That's how they roll...

I think you're right. The bitterness from the Left is very strong and they (mainly) have fled to areas/forums where they can more easily influence the control of discussions or get people penalized that deviate from their desired narratives.

Essentially, they have taken their ball and ran away because the political forum game had become more fair (tough) due to a more evenly handed/moderated board here. That's how they roll...
Sadly, yup.

Jen

Senator

That's it exactly.

Jen

Senator

I've seen it too. I occasionally step into the board where they went and was given a suspension for saying a word they don't like. I didn't call anyone that word, I just put it in question as to whether or not it was appropriate. It's not the "N" word, btw.

Their growing bitterness is palpable. They really aren't the somewhat decent people they were when they were here. The rabidness has taken over.

I've seen it too. I occasionally step into the board where they went and was given a suspension for saying a word they don't like. I didn't call anyone that word, I just put it in question as to whether or not it was appropriate. It's not the "N" word, btw.

Their growing bitterness is palpable. They really aren't the somewhat decent people they were when they were here. The rabidness has taken over.
I don't go there anymore but when I did I avoided interaction with the old crowd - I was banned from a thread on Brexit for calling an English politician a c'unt, me being the only one arguing for Brexit and none of the old crowd being in said thread - but they reported me just for being there - and it went downhill from there - banned from another thread for, I still have absolutely no idea what - nor do they - and then someone went to the 'leaders' to insist I be banned because she didn't like what I had said which had upset her mate -------------- her mate who pushed and pushed and pushed me into answering her - the answer being that which upset her - I was banned for a bit but I don't remember why, something really daft.

Discussion is impossible there

Jen

Senator
I don't go there anymore but when I did I avoided interaction with the old crowd - I was banned from a thread on Brexit for calling an English politician a c'unt, me being the only one arguing for Brexit and none of the old crowd being in said thread - but they reported me just for being there - and it went downhill from there - banned from another thread for, I still have absolutely no idea what - nor do they - and then someone went to the 'leaders' to insist I be banned because she didn't like what I had said which had upset her mate -------------- her mate who pushed and pushed and pushed me into answering her - the answer being that which upset her - I was banned for a bit but I don't remember why, something really daft.

Discussion is impossible there
I feel soiled whenever I go there so it's months between visits. Nasty place. And those halfway decent (I say this looking back) people who ran from here and went there have been turned into rabid haters of anything they disagree with. Just like those who didn't like what you said so they banned you. I don't want any of them back and I cringe when I see their name pop up.

I feel soiled whenever I go there so it's months between visits. Nasty place. And those halfway decent (I say this looking back) people who ran from here and went there have been turned into rabid haters of anything they disagree with. Just like those who didn't like what you said so they banned you. I don't want any of them back and I cringe when I see their name pop up.
:) I feel warmer toward them than you do Jen but ------ as much as it is nice when people agree with you - as much as it is nicer to get a thumbs up than a thumbs down - it isn't healthy to be in a place of a sort of political tribal mentality with no familiarity - political tribalism is in here too but there is a familiarity which softens it.

It is a shame they burned their bridges - I am sure some wish they could pop in, I am sure some would happily join us at times - but ............. pride or what ever - Like members of a family who don't speak to each other for years -

Lol - yes there is one name which used to 'make me cringe' a bit - that has passed - horrid person - I doubt they will be back ;) But I get you - that height of aggression toward each other was exhausting even to watch at times.

MrMike

Bless you all
:) I feel warmer toward them than you do Jen but ------ as much as it is nice when people agree with you - as much as it is nicer to get a thumbs up than a thumbs down - it isn't healthy to be in a place of a sort of political tribal mentality with no familiarity - political tribalism is in here too but there is a familiarity which softens it.

It is a shame they burned their bridges - I am sure some wish they could pop in, I am sure some would happily join us at times - but ............. pride or what ever - Like members of a family who don't speak to each other for years -

Lol - yes there is one name which used to 'make me cringe' a bit - that has passed - horrid person - I doubt they will be back ;) But I get you - that height of aggression toward each other was exhausting even to watch at times.
You and I don't agree on several things (Israel being one) but it doesn't call for me to really destroy you over it because we have other things we do agree on like Brexit, and maybe even Fish & Chips and a pint in Brighton during a day wasting time & $ at the Lanes. That's the beauty of it all.

Me and BD are opposites on politics but both love old things (civil war) probably because we are both...old (southerners)? I don't have to destroy him because of what we don't agree on, but I can make fun of his hometown Houston being the traffic armpit of Texas (or is it Dallas the armpit now?). I dunno... :)

Some people can make it work, some can't separate the two things. We all have long forum histories (some of it good, some of it less than good) but that's the familiarity that brings us together. Sometimes that familiarity is used in a bad way by those that just can't let go due to their insanity on politics overriding everything human.

Last edited:

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Me and BD are opposites on politics but both love old things (civil war) probably because we are both...old (southerners)? I don't have to destroy him because of what we don't agree on, but I can make fun of his hometown Houston being the traffic armpit of Texas (or is it Dallas the armpit now?). I dunno... :)
Both are traffic armpits. So is Austin. I was recently in Connecticut and spent a half day sightseeing in Hartford then another half day there around where my airport hotel and rental car return was. A friend who lives in New London was trying to tell me how bad traffic in Hartford is. I'm like "Oh please!" Hartford traffic was a piece of cake.

Reactions: Jen

MrMike

Bless you all
Both are traffic armpits. So is Austin. I was recently in Connecticut and spent a half day sightseeing in Hartford then another half day there around where my airport hotel and rental car return was. A friend who lives in New London was trying to tell me how bad traffic in Hartford is. I'm like "Oh please!" Hartford traffic was a piece of cake.
Yeah... Austin traffic sucks so I try to avoid it now at all costs. I was heading to SA not long ago and I took that newer tollway around it that you get on at Round Rock and bypassed Austin completely the last time I went through. Nice thing on that 130 tollway was the speed limit of 85mph for a big section of it.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah... Austin traffic sucks so I try to avoid it now at all costs. I was heading to SA not long ago and I took that newer tollway around it that you get on at Round Rock and bypassed Austin completely the last time I went through. Nice thing on that 130 tollway was the speed limit of 85mph for a big section of it.
Yessir. My son lives in Round Rock and I bypass Austin traffic using that Tollway.

MrMike

Bless you all
Yessir. My son lives in Round Rock and I bypass Austin traffic using that Tollway.
Yep... and 85mph translates to oh probably around 92mph or so average cushion with DPS on speeding. But would I do that? uh huh...

You and I don't agree on several things (Israel being one) but it doesn't call for me to really destroy you over it because we have other things we do agree on like Brexit, and maybe even Fish & Chips and a pint in Brighton during a day wasting time & $ at the Lanes. That's the beauty of it all.

Some people can make it work, some can't separate the two things. We all have long forum histories (some of it good, some of it less than good) but that's the familiarity that brings us together. Sometimes that familiarity is used in a bad way by those that just can't let go due to their insanity on politics overriding everything human.
I know, there is no one on here that I agree with 100% and no one that I disagree with 100% but I do know that all any of us want is a better world to leave behind for the next generations, so in essence we are all after the same thing ------------ we just do not agree on the best ways to go about it nor on our 'heroes' and 'devils' -

I don't talk much about Israel on here anymore nor WWII ( it takes up too much passion and I have other things to do, for now :))- but I know even when I did I would occasionally get a 'thumbs up', from one of my fiercest critics, over other matters :) It would quite take me by surprise -------

But the Left never forgave me on being on 'the other side' were as the Right did - I think they felt I had betrayed them and some were truly nasty and rather sneaky in trying to silence me after PACE decided that I was enemy number one - the Right never ganged up on me even when they 'had cause'--------- and how else can one judge a group but by how they treat you or your friends?

MrMike

Bless you all
I know, there is no one on here that I agree with 100% and no one that I disagree with 100% but I do know that all any of us want is a better world to leave behind for the next generations, so in essence we are all after the same thing ------------ we just do not agree on the best ways to go about it nor on our 'heroes' and 'devils' -

I don't talk much about Israel on here anymore nor WWII ( it takes up too much passion and I have other things to do, for now :))- but I know even when I did I would occasionally get a 'thumbs up', from one of my fiercest critics, over other matters :) It would quite take me by surprise -------

But the Left never forgave me on being on 'the other side' were as the Right did - I think they felt I had betrayed them and some were truly nasty and rather sneaky in trying to silence me after PACE decided that I was enemy number one - the Right never ganged up on me even when they 'had cause'--------- and how else can one judge a group but by how they treat you or your friends?

That's a great point.

That's a great point.

I don't know when it happened but it is true for here ( Eng) too ( I pinpoint its beginning at around the time Thatch got in or very soon after) - If one says anything against the New Leftist line one is automatically put in a box labelled RW ( I have never voted Tory in my life) - even to the point where their own 'members'' dare not step out of line - so that even if members do not feel badly toward a declared 'enemy' they will stay silent rather than say what they feel.

So I feel myself, and I am not alone, being pushed onto the Right, even though I am not particularly Right - There are some strange marriages that the New Left are forcing us into, some not yet articulated, and it will be interesting to see where that goes when pushed -

Jen

Senator

I love you dearly even though we disagree on some things. It's not their disagreement that I don't like. It is the personal attack and personal destruction that I prefer not to deal with. So I have to respectfully disagree with some of what you have said here.

This forum thrives on disagreement. But some take it a step too far.