• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

ISIS is a modern version of 1930's Nazi Germany...

Colorforms

Senator
ISIS portends no positive upside for ANYone. As with Nazi Germany, we can confront the issue sooner or we can do so later. What's the point in waiting?
Why we have waited this long is beyond me. The longer we wait, the harder it's going to be to deal with them.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
ISIS portends no positive upside for ANYone. As with Nazi Germany, we can confront the issue sooner or we can do so later. What's the point in waiting?
ISIS is no Nazi Germany

They don't make the world's best:

Aircraft
Machine guns
Tanks

in fact they don't make anything and unless they can export oil...they cant produce a single product to support an economy...Germany on the other hand was increasing wartime production right up until the time of the end of the war.

ISIS ...lay siege...and starve em. They cant survive on their own.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Interesting comments here: they make sense to me.

From the Comments: Western Military Intervention and the Reductio ad Hitlerum

From the Comments: Western Military Intervention and the Reductio ad Hitlerum

Dr Khawaja makes an excellent point in the threads of my post the libertarianism of ISIS:

As for the Hitler comparison, I think that issue really needs to be opened and discussed from scratch. One relatively superficial problem with the Hitler/ISIS analogy is that ISIS is not plausibly regarded as the threat to us that Nazi Germany was, or could have been. But at a deeper level: instead of regarding war with Nazi Germany as beyond question, we ought to be able to ask the question why it was necessary to go to war with them. Once we grasp that nettle, I think the Hitler comparisons really lead in one of three directions: either they show us how different the Nazi regime was from ISIS, or they cast doubt on the “need” to fight the Nazis in the first place, or they prove that we “had” to fight the Nazis only because we put ourselves on a path that made fighting inevitable. But we shouldn’t walk around with the axiom that if x resembles the Nazis, well, then we better fight x…or else we’re dishonoring our forbears. Which is about the level of neo-conservative discussion on this topic.

The reason why we went to war with Nazi Germany is that the Nazis (credibly) declared war on us after we declared war on Japan–after Japan attacked us at Pearl Harbor (after we challenged Japanese imperialism in East Asia…etc.). Granted, there was naval warfare in the Atlantic before December 1941, but we might have avoided that by not supporting Britain (and the USSR) against the Nazis in the first place. War with the Nazis became an inevitability because of our prior involvement in a European quarrel, not because of the unique turpitude of the Nazis (much less because of the Holocaust). I don’t mean to deny that the Nazis were uniquely evil. I mean: that’s not why we fought. The reasons we fought were highly contingent, and might, given different contingencies, have led to not fighting at all.

The preceding suggestion seems off-limits to some, but I don’t think it is. Suppose we had not supported Britain in 1940-41, not had a Lend-Lease program (“An Act to Further Promote the Defense of the United States”), and the Nazis had not declared war on us after Pearl Harbor. Was war with them necessary or obligatory? I don’t see why. If we could go decades without hot war with the USSR or China, why not adopt a similar policy vis-a-vis Germany? (Yes, Korea involved some hot war with China, but my point is: we could have avoided that, too.) And if there is no good case for war with the Nazis under a consistently isolationist policy, the Hitler comparisons in the ISIS case are worse than useless.

What we have in the ISIS case is just an exaggerated version of the “inevitabilities” that got us into war with Germany. By overthrowing Saddam Hussein, we ourselves created the path dependency that gives the illusion of requiring war against ISIS as a further “correction.” In that sense, the Hitler comparison is quite apt, but entails the opposite of what the hawks believe. We’re being led to war to correct the disasters created by the last war, themselves intended to correct the problems of the war before. Isn’t it time to stop digging? Perhaps we shouldn’t have gotten onto any of these paths. The best way to avoid traveling down the highway to hell is to take an exit ramp and get the hell off while you still can. Not that you’re disagreeing, I realize.

http://notesonliberty.com/2014/09/10/from-the-comments-western-military-intervention-and-the-reductio-ad-hitlerum/

Last edited:

fairsheet

Senator
What do you suggest be done?
Gotta say......I don't know - at least from the standpoint of specifics. What I do know though - as with Nazi Germany - is that they appear to be dependent upon financial support from the outside. They should at least be confronted on that level.

Arkady

President
No. That's not a very strong analogy. In the 1930s, the Nazis were firmly in control of one of the most powerful nations on the planet -- second only to the US in the size of its economy and its industrial capabilities. It also had a nascent alliance with two other legitimate superpowers, Italy and Japan. And it was a nation that had led the world into a globe-spanning war just a generation earlier. It was a frighteningly formidable enemy. By comparison, ISIS is a ragtag bunch bunch of religious nuts struggling to try to take power in a couple crappy little nations that nobody has mistaken for a superpower for many centuries. ISIS is less like Nazi Germany than it is like the Lord's Resistance Army, the Tamil Tigers, or the Nicaraguan Contras... they're brutal and disturbing, but only a regional problem, and one we could probably make worse by interfering.

fairsheet

Senator
No. That's not a very strong analogy. In the 1930s, the Nazis were firmly in control of one of the most powerful nations on the planet -- second only to the US in the size of its economy and its industrial capabilities. It also had a nascent alliance with two other legitimate superpowers, Italy and Japan. And it was a nation that had led the world into a globe-spanning war just a generation earlier. It was a frighteningly formidable enemy. By comparison, ISIS is a ragtag bunch bunch of religious nuts struggling to try to take power in a couple crappy little nations that nobody has mistaken for a superpower for many centuries. ISIS is less like Nazi Germany than it is like the Lord's Resistance Army, the Tamil Tigers, or the Nicaraguan Contras... they're brutal and disturbing, but only a regional problem, and one we could probably make worse by interfering.
My missive intended the idea (of mine) that all your rote and obvious distinctions are irrelevant and that it's time for us to set aside such "niceties". If I thought they were relevant, I'd not have posted as I did.

Arkady

President
My missive intended the idea (of mine) that all your rote and obvious distinctions are irrelevant and that it's time for us to set aside such "niceties". If I thought they were relevant, I'd not have posted as I did.
Obviously, you didn't think they were relevant. My point is that you're wrong to think that way. They're absolutely crucial distinctions. The rise of Nazi power in the 1930s had obvious terrible implications for people all around the globe -- obvious in the sense that it was obvious even at the time, given the incredible power they wielded. The rise of ISIS in recent years, does not. As I said, they're much more similar to outfits like the Lord's Resistance Army or the Tamil Tigers, and so they do not demand any US intervention.

Last edited:
ISIS is no Nazi Germany

They don't make the world's best:

Aircraft
Machine guns
Tanks

in fact they don't make anything and unless they can export oil...they cant produce a single product to support an economy...Germany on the other hand was increasing wartime production right up until the time of the end of the war.

ISIS ...lay siege...and starve em. They cant survive on their own.
Nor do they turn the unemployed into the employed - build infrastrutures from their own materials - build good homes for absolutely every one - give men a very good living wage - free and good health care - free and good education all the way through - base economy on work - have a barter system with other countries - Nor do their Leaders love them as Hitler loved his people and all men and women- as his people loved him -

http://www.rense.com/general63/ride.htm

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Gotta say......I don't know - at least from the standpoint of specifics. What I do know though - as with Nazi Germany - is that they appear to be dependent upon financial support from the outside. They should at least be confronted on that level.
from the oil fields they have over taken they are making $3Million daily.........smuggling oil and selling it much below market value..........that doesn't include human/female trafficking............sales..........

especially since they are supported with your taxes my darling :) they are the US/Israeli/ Saudi proxi army looking after the Oil fields - no beheadings ( all fakes) no threat - sleep easy nothing to fear -

Zoar

Governor
from the oil fields they have over taken they are making $3Million daily.........smuggling oil and selling it much below market value..........that doesn't include human/female trafficking............sales..........
Such a gullible little Dawgy!!! They told you to hate these guys so you do! And you want to send Americans in to be sacrificed so fat cats can get fatter!! You play fetch so predictably! Arf Arf!