• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

It only hurts when I laugh,

Gramps

Mayor
so please spare me.

Liars of every sort have been cooking the figures surrounding most every phase of our econmic structure for decades, perhaps longer. I can't say. Ive only been around for eight of the decades.

You have to be pretty naive to think any administration shoots square when they doctor-up the facts and figures to enhance their years in office. Then there's the old "don't include it in the budget" gimmick to further inflate the numbers. Hell, they can't even get an accurate head count on casualties of war until it's history and then it's still not perfect. I've been hearing that SS is going busto anytime now for half a century but it's still plugging along on a few cylinders. Medicare was doomed before it began to hear some naysayers moan. Still around.
There is not a single soul who can say with any certainty how much has been filched from the SS trust fund to pay bills and, likewise, no one knows for sure just how much money is still in the account. WE live with estimates based on calculated funds gleaned from what should happen but rarely does.

How broke are we? Here's a comparison to think about. After the Revolutionary War we were so strapped for money that the feds could not cough-up the dough they owed the men who served in the Continental Army. So, in lieu of that they offered them a section of land in Ohio terrirory as payment and all they had to do to get it was hightail it to Ohio the best way the could to claim the debt. It didn't really matter that some of the present residents of Ohio (Indian trribes) hadn't signed over a deed while our governmentsigned over a deed to the takers to settle accounts. How do I know that? A couple of my forefathers took them up on the offer and ventured to what was destined to become Hocking County, Ohio.

Don't be blinded by exaggerated figures in either direction. It's how they do business in corporate headquarters called D. C.. And, if the bankruptcy trend among industrial moguls is anywhere near correc, the same clan of CPA's tends the company's books in private quarters. Just think about this----- HOSTESS Twinkes went belly-up for the second time in eight years. Unthinkable,but think about it anyway.

Gramps

MaryAnne

Governor
Do you really think a twinkie is something that deserves to live?

I oppose a federal bail out!
If they can give banks money,I demand they help Twinkie. I seldom eat them, but they are an old tradition!:eek:) I do not keep my money in big banks either.

I just read that BOA is threatening to leave. Who cares? There is a bank or S&L on every corner,and they treat you better.